Minor/Repaint: Military Optimus Prime and Megatron (Armada)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by offrampclimber, Mar 5, 2008.

1. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Long time listener, first time caller.....

Anyways, I've admired these boards for a while now, and thought I'd post up some of my work. It's no where near the quality that everything else on here is, but it's fun to do and I hope someone will at least enjoy the ideas.

So, I've repainted a 20th Anniversary Prime and Armada Megatron into military paint schemes. I got the idea for Prime after passing a Natl. Guard convoy on the highway, and saw they were still using short-nose style trucks to haul. And I never liked Megatron's color scheme. So I put my airbrush to use after sitting in a box for way too many years.

Optimus:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megatron:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, these aren't transformable repaints. I usually display them in only one form, and I don't have the patience or skill to make the paint jobs non-scratchable. So no alt-forms, sorry.

And as a bonus, I'm working on non Transformers stuff too. This 12" figure has been my favorite turn-out so far:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5711/dsc00930bz4.jpg

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    both of these look really cool. I like them both. You should take some pictures of Megs in robot form!

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    "Unfortunately, these aren't transformable repaints. I usually display them in only one form, and I don't have the patience or skill to make the paint jobs non-scratchable. So no alt-forms, sorry."

XP

4. offrampclimber

Yeah, Kouri caught that, thanks. I transformed him once after I was finished, and just all the spots that the airbrush didn't catch would be pretty hard to touch up now. So I didn't bother to detail the bottom or other hidden parts. My next one, I'll have to take the time to do it right, though.

Glad you like it, though. Like I said, it was fun to do.

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Too bad we wont see these guys in their alt forms but great job from what I can see. I love the colors on Prime. I'm a big fan of the army color schemes

6. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    I always thought a green prime would look good. This is decent, but might have been better with some lighter green or camo- and some battle damage.

7. offrampclimber

The dark green is closer to what the Guard actually uses, i believe. You can never be sure how accurate these model paints can be, though... :D 

If I can find more Primes cheap, I plan on doing a camo or desert camo version for a Marine Corps tribute. Then possibly a Navy or Air Force grey/blue version; not sure what color they paint their ground vehicles... And I'll definitely want to make them transformable. I'd like to have an Army Of Prime.

Any ideas on future paint schemes for military branches?

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very cool....looking forward to your next custom(s)

:thumb 

9. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Those look great. I never pictured Prime with that color scheme, but it's damn nice.