Miko is Waspinator?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Nov 25, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Not literally but in Beast Wars there was the running gag of almost every episode Waspinator gets blown to bits.

Is the whole idea of Miko having a near death experience in every episode meant to be a running gag?

If it is it's not really a good gag because we just feel like she's being stupid rather than they're trying to make this funny.

Waspinator being repeatedly killed and coming back to life is done really well for the sake of comedy. Miko is just stupid.

They can't actually Kenny kill Miko because that just wouldn't fit in the tone of this show. Near deaths is like a lame attempt to do it without actually killing her.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Miko haz planzzzzzz...

3. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't think Miko running into danger is supposed to be funny. The other characters always act like she's being stupid and annoying.

I think the idea is that serious repercussions will occur as a result of her actions.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The idea of Miko having a near death experience each episode is probably just to show she's not too good at prioritizing what's important in situations involving giant robot wars. And to provide ground for (hopefully) later character development where she gets smarter about this. I highly doubt it's actually a running gag.

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    After Rock bottom when Bulkhead didn't read her the riot act....she's never going to learn until someone DIES as a result of her actions.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I've thought of that before.

I know it won't happen, but man I really want to see them just go for it. Just think of the tone if one of the cons fires upon a bot and Miko is crushed. Even if it would just be one of those bad dreams type of episode, I really would like to see how a death would change up stuff. From the bots relationship with humans and to how the cons might used that as a tool to tick them off. Be really interesting if Bulkhead is the one that crushed her after being attack and seeing his actions after that.

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Well Bulkhead has to die somehow.

I'd actually prefer if someone else died because of her. Then she can be the character that changes.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I think if they were going to do that they would of done it already. If not for her own near death after then what happen in Rock Bottom where she was so worried about Bulkhead that she actually started to cry. I really think that she should of already learned and if she hasn't by now then that characters is never going to develop. That's why I came to the idea that maybe this is just a very badly done Kenny gag.

If there is any character development at all the only way I could see them doing it is at the beginning of season 2 having Miko make a reference to what happen to Raf at the end of season 1. We don't know yet how that effected her but if Bulkhead is any indication she's just going to forget it and put herself in danger again.

Maybe Miko is not so much stupid so much as she has sever ADHD and had a 5 second memory. Someone get her some Riddle-in.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I disagree. If she causes, for example, Bumblebee to die, and she became a serious and brooding character, her partnership with Bulkhead won't work as their character's will be different.

10. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't think BB will die. Really Bulkhead is the one who will die, it just seems supremely obvious to me. What better way to have Miko develop as a character than to have her accidentally cause the death of her partner.

Although I think Miko changing and putting a strain on her friendship with Bulkhead would be an interesting plot.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:lol 

I think you mean "Ritalin" mate.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The creators did say she's not stupid she just lets her adventerous side get the better of her too often. They also say she'll have some major character development too so we may see that happen. Back on topic Waspinator's antics are more to do with comic relief. While Miko on the other hand does antics that causes more serious damage than being funny. She didn't get it through her head that toying around like that will probably get someone killed even! She does show she really cares for Bulkhead and was devestated to having to leave him behind in Rock Bottom. So she does have a sense of caring for her friends if not before than at least she's starting to.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You just explained why Miko and Waspinator are nothing alike in their gags. Waspy is funny, Miko is not.

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Miko is not supposed to be funny.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Unfortunately, the style of the writing, the gags, the one-liners, etc... indicates that she IS supposed to be funny.

Maybe there will be serious repercussions down the road that will add a layer of meaningfulness, blah blah blah... but the PROBLEM right now is that the writing is only drawing attention to the ridiculous improbability of the situation regarding Miko, and the behaviour of those around her... AND playing it for laughs.

Basically, Miko just doesn't work either way. We as viewers shouldn't have to be infuriated with her on an episode-by-episode basis just to validate some character moment (that we can all more or less see coming) down the road. We get it, writers of TF:p rime... we get it. Now stop dragging it out already.

zmog

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't see how. She is always shown to be stupid and just causing trouble, not doing something humorous. They never indicate we are supposed to laugh at what she does.

17. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Miko: "The Cons killed a Unicorn?"
    Everyone: :confused: :confused: 
    Miko: "White horse with a horn on its head... prances around all sparkly?"

Yeah, nothing buffonish at all.

18. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Miko must be responsible for killing Optimus Prime.
    And Arcee.
    And Bumblebee.
    And Ratchet.

Leaving only Bulkhead, who, in his despair, decides to just squish her.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No offense but I doubt she'll take her recklessness THAT far!:lol  But if someone does die from her antics it could be Bulkhead. The others are far too important to lose especially Optimus,Arcee,and Bumblebee!

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    That's not her causing trouble, that's a one time gag.

I have never interpreted her running off into danger as being a running gag which is what some people seem to believe. It was always played as a stupid thing to do that could get her hurt and numerous characters have called her out on it.