Mike Costa confirmed as the new IDW Transformers ongoing writer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    News of an ongoing is great. Would prefer these art 'experiments' were done outside of the finished comics - this is like experimenting with the flavour of a popular cereal brand and putting it out on shelves while the recipe isn't quite right it still doesn't taste that good to everybody. Like I said in that other thread: good body designs, nasty face designs. Just hope the 'experiments' conclude the apparently oh so terrible suxxors geewun face styles were actually just fine as they were thank you very much.

2. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    Yeah this is why i'm really getting turned off by IDW, I have all volumes from infiltration to devastation and the spotlights and Furman really makes everything fit with into the continuity and even it has it's down to its chronological order.

My biggest issue with AHM is the way it pisses on the previous establish continuity.I mean Shane actually said he have read previous materials from Furman, then why so much errors? different alt modes , unused plot lines(ORE 13) and many other problems.What are the editor for this comics doing?

Another example is in AHM it is said that the first great war started because of the Matrix. Gee , Shane in Megatron origins it's established that the first great war started because the autobot senate was corrupted and Megatron formed the decepticons to rebel against it.

Don't get me wrong i still do think AHM is good series and has it's moments . I really love how all the Seeker are powerful , smart soldiers and are Megatron's elite guards, while Megatron himself encourages his second in command to crave for leadership (kinda has the Sith's rule of two relationship). Starcream is also shown as a competent soldier and it makes sense that Megatron keeps in as his second in command. Jazz really shines and show us , Kup and Springer why he's Spec Ops.

Just really hate it , when they mess with the previously establish canon and destroys the continuity .In all fairness Furman also loses points for making Arcee a transvestite. How dare he do that to her, Sure she was more bad ass and cooler with her blades but come on a trany.For shame

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I realize that. You've repeated it again and again. So, once again:

I like Simon. I'm skeptical at this point of other writers on Transformers. AHM very nearly drove me away, and if the ongoing art, especially the faces, looks like it did in the most recent issue of AHM, then I'm gone.

I wish IDW would've let Simon finish the stories he was telling his way. I really liked the universe that was being built.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    o_o

5. TheGreatMrChibi

TheGreatMrChibi The tighter shirt.

Have you ever seen what Garfield looked like back in the late 70s? Or Wolverine in his first appearance, or Spider-Man, or... well, any sort've iconic character ever. Nobody's appearance ever stays the same over time. Elaborations, alterations, eliminations and recolorations abound. Ironhide having teeth is like Spider-Man having webbing underneath his arms-- it seemed like a good idea, it was tried out a little bit, and in the field, it didn't quite go as plan, so it'll be recalled. Stuff like that always happens-- its nothing to look down one's nose upon.

...And to be honest, I like the new faces. They aren't the best, but I'd much prefer the faces to be robotic to the more organic "people in robot costumes" styles of the older comics.

And the teeth are awesome. But I know that's just me. :D 

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Well then, looks like you and the wife have a little more time to get prepared. I really can't wait till i have a chance to be a father, but the wife and I need better jobs first!

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Batman should have never lost the purple gloves. NEVER!!!!
    **sniff** :( 

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Depends on if that nose is some ugly robot horror which looks bad and doesn't suit the rest of it. I'm sure there were many people back when those changes to other characters came about that didn't like them either, but these days we've got the internet which can give us nice advance looks at them and gives us a quick and easy way to lodge our complaints.
    The real difference is you like the faces and I don't. It all comes down to opinion, and if there's enough opinions one way or the other to possibly affect the sales of the title, especially when you have people here saying they're gonna skip it because of the faces. I quite liked Spider-Man's underarm webbing, but I hope these awful TF faces go away very quickly.

9. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    LOL lets hope that's a system error.

I'm glad to see Don back on the scene with G1. That's his talent there. And I love the G1 picture of the autobots running. Sweet! But from the art it looks like he's doing that movie/g1 look he was doing earlier with ahm?

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    lol...

I hope they don't make Drift like they've been writing him in the past. It seams liked IDW was making him the Transformer version of Chuck Norris(sarcasm). But seriously. Please stop trying to make it like Drift has been around for a while and trying to make us like him.