Mikaela vs Carly

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 29, 2011.

?

Which did you like more?

1. Mikaela

143 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Carly

481 vote(s)
    77.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always thought of Sam and Mikaela's relationship like many that we've seen in high school. Not a whole lot of those manage to last.

As time goes on, you start to drift off into different areas and goals in life. I can't help but wonder if Sam's rather upscale lifestyle did clash with Mikaela's. I could imagine that becoming a heated topic of arguments between them regarding the difference between their family lifestyles.

In the end, Sam needed someone a bit more down-to-Earth. Someone with a little less baggage. And from seeing him with Carly, she doesn't seem to have as much as Mikaela does. The only major baggage is that her Brother was killed in wartime action, but she doesn't seem to be one become too overbearing in a relationship.

Though I'd believe her as a British Embassy official moreso than Denise Richards as a Nucular Physicist.

2. Barricade252525

Barricade252525 Active Member

I was never a big fan of Mikaela, to me she never seemed like a genuinely nice character, always got a sense of bitchyness from her. I could stand her in the first movie, just.

The new girl actually did suprisingly well considering it was her first time acting, her acting never jumped at me as being awful or bad. I thought she was a complete breath of fresh air, to me her character felt like a cheerful and genuine one unlike megan's. I think her chemistry with sam was just as good as megan's if not better. I also thought her accent was very cute.

3. newguy

newguy i

Well there's no way we can know for sure until they take their clothes off and wrestle.

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I'm honestly not sure which I prefer...Megan's character was probably more my type physically, but real-life Megan is a bitch haha.

Oh, and anyone saying Megan's or Rosie's acting was crappy should go watch Revenge of the Sith, or any part of Attack of the Clones. It doesn't get much worse than Hayden Christensen.

5. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

This is basically my issue with Sam/Carly in DOTM.

Character wise, I didn't dislike Carly, but I prefer Mikaela. I think a lot of hatred for Megan Fox gets transferred to the character of Mikaela and it's not really justified.

While I like the character less in ROTF (sort of how I feel about the whole movie), Mikaela in the first movie is proactive - she's the one making the quick decisions and getting things done. She takes care of Frenzy. And while Sam gives up and is wringing his hands in Mission City it's Mikaela that comes up with the idea of using the tow truck to get Bee out of there. And then she willingly drives back into the fray to get Bumblebee back into the fight.

And while the character isn't as good in ROTF with the stupid "I love you" plot existing, she does travel across the US to get to Sam and willingly puts herself right back in harm's way to stick by him.

She's fiercely loyal to those she loves. She's quick thinking. And even when she's afraid, she's still right there in the thick of things. Mikaela is not on my list of problems with these movies. It isn't that Carly was bad, because I don't think she was. It's just that, after 2 films in the trilogy so heavily feature Sam/Mikaela, it's too hard to swallow the heavy romance angle in DOTM.

6. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

this was how i felt.....until the 5 minute long scene of her walking upstairs......carly>mikeala

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Only one springs to mind for me: when she's walking towards Megatron, I assume her expression is supposed to be one that mixes terror with determination but it seems more like a good example of dull surprise.

Other than that, she seemed pretty good.

8. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I voted for Carly. I thought I would miss Mikaela, but I did not. I agree that Carly and Sam have better chemistry. I especially like the scene wherein Carly hugs Sam from behind when she visited him in his office. Other scenes I liked, when Carly gave Sam the lucky bunny and when she moved out and gave him one of the legs, hehe. :) 

BTW, why did Mikaela leave Bones with Sam, it was her dog anyway...

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Where is the: in a hot oil match option?
    I kid I kid..

Both had good and bad points. I don't think the "characters" were as dissimilar as everyone seems to be touting, but all things considered, I can't really decide as its like asking blond or brunette.

10. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Carly's underwear ass shot in 3D sold me on her....

11. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

I think the reason a lot people are saying they like Carly is more is because, Megan Fox has been precede as "bitch". However, more people have said Megan is nice and great. She gets a lot of negative buzz about her and it paints her as diva or some bitch. Megan Fox is nothing like that.

Clearly, Carly is not superior in acting. Rosie couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. She didn't impress me at all in the movie. She looked pretty and that's it. And I don't how people can say Carly has more depth than, Mikaela. I still haven't read what made Rosie so much better. The main reason most people prefer her is because they think Mikaela is a bitch and Rosie is so much nicer. Sorry, her acting was cringeworthy and her line to Megatron was so forced, it felt like Bay put that to make her look "cool". Never in a million years did I buy her character would do that.

12. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely Carly... She can play the smarter roles unlike Megan.. I cannot imagine Megan Fox's Mikaela pulling off the scene Carly had with Megatron the same way.... For a first timer, Rosie Huntington did a good job!

Then again, I've never really liked Megan Fox to begin with....

13. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I liked Mikaela a lot more. The Carly character could easily have been written off - just a total screen filler and utterly waste of screen time.
    That girl playing Carly, Rosie Huntington.... she sucked! what Megan Fox did for acting was not impressive at all.... but at least she had more emotional expressions and no stone face... This girl is just statically posing for the camera and 0 acting.
    The Carly character cuts off one star for DOTM in my review book. They should just have made Sam single and gung-ho instead.
    Sorry to say so but seldomly I've despised a character + acting so much in a movie.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

idk, both make me which Sam would stop trying to date super models... :lol 

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Carly.

Mikela Who?

16. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    man so much for "i love u and i need u". Suck i can't believe she dumbed Sam after that i think that's the biggest mistake of her life and well she miss all the adventure in DOTM
    [​IMG]

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I dont get what everyone's problem with that line is. she saw Sentinel and Megatron not get along earlier, so she tried to stir things up, and it worked.

also, what makes you so sure Megan fox ISNT "like that"?

18. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    Carly.

Classier on the whole, cracking posh accent, and didn't wear bottoms so tight I could see her ovulating.

Seán

19. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mikaela. Rosie was just a model, hired to be a model. Megan's character did actually do more than change her outfit every couple scenes. She also didn't look unnatural, like a living Barbie doll.

People on here must hate Megan Fox personally, that's the only way I can explain why so many vote for Rosie's character. Honestly, eye-candy personified.

20. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

My question is, why did they decide to use super models? And no, eye candy will not be a valid answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.