Mikaela Out-Merissa In.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Coolhand, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Okay, I preface this by saying that I know this idea is a total flight of fancy and it won't happen, but the (probably fake) rumor of Megan Fox getting squished in TF3 got me thinking about possible replacements for her character, in the event that the squishing actually happened.

Why not bring in Merissa Faireborne as the female lead in TF3? Simply put her in as a commando working as part of Lennox's NEST squad, or a government agent working in partnership with NEST?

I think the Merissa character (a trained and experienced soldier) would be far more useful and relevant to a TF story that Mikaela, who doesn't really seem to have much in the way of useful skills when it comes to a military conflict. Mikaela can run away from a Con and that's about it. Merissa, a trained soldier, can grab a gun and go kick ass with the rest of Lennox and crew.

Additionally, this would mean that the writers wouldn't have to make the story bend over backwards a third time to incorporate a civilian in the action who under normal circumstances would have no logical reason to be there.
    So much of ROTF's screentime was spent setting up justifying why the civvies would even BE in the middle of the action. But this way, you don't even HAVE to address it. Of COURSE Merissa is joining the Autobots to thwart the latest evil Decepticon plan-she's part of NEST. It's her job.

Saves screentime, gives us a much cooler character (admittedly IMHO) with a more believable reason to be involved in the conflict, and allows the story to focus more on plot and less on setup.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Sorry mods- wrong forum. I'm an idiot. Could this get moved to the movie forum? Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Marissa, not Merissa.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Questions not = news.
    Killing off Mikaela = bad for Bay's cut of the profits.

4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    What about Mikaela gets injured and has to have a brain transplant and she gets Marissa's brain ?

Works out well both ways :lol 

5. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

I don't think you guys understand that this film's audiences aren't picky. After all, they paid and paid to see this again and again, didn't they? There are numerous actresses who all look like Megan Fox who could easily draw audiences in again. Just you watch: Bay could find someone even scrawnier, waxier, bad-actier fake-breastier and fake-tanner than his leading lady, and you'll all be like, "Megan who?"

6. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Yeah, I pasted to the wrong firefox tab. My bad. I'm tired.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this has a hope in hell of actually happening, I'm just playing "what ifs." (Mind you, the awful Box office performance of Jennifer's Body would seem to suggest that Megan Fox herself isn't actually that much of a box office factor.) Box office draw aside, I think the Marissa character would sit better in a new script than the Mikaela one.

:lol  Transformers 3: The Quest for Brains.

7. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

No. That is a ridiculous idea. Megan Fox should stay :D 

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I dunno, Marissa Fairborne would liven up the female cast a little I think. Either that or they could let us get to know the Arcee crew.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    No.
    The movieverse is not G1.

10. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

What good would that do to establish a female lead in the third movie?

11. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Great work! You've saved the day and your cheque's in the mail. Whew! That's one problem fixed.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megan Fox isn't essential... could use any other random Hollywood T&A girl - makes no difference.

13. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Who the hell is Merissa?

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Except that Megan Fox would still have to "act" the character.

Since we're talking about what-ifs that won't be happening, I'd prefer someone new. And if she's hot, PLUS she's got an auto-rifle at her hip? I'm totally sold. :D 

15. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'd love to see Marissa in the next movie as a competant, sexy NEST agent, because she's always been a good character, period. More strong female characters should always be welcome in the TF universe, Mikaela or no Mikaela.

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If you want Marissa in the Movie Universe she maybe be a teenage soilder daugther of G.I.Joe's Flint.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Megan = $$$$ so, no.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Indeed. I can think of at least five Playboy Playmates who trump her in the looks department, and who would probably lure more viewers.

On-topic, though - the Marissa Faireborne idea is fantastic. It's unlikely that Bay and company would opt for something so intelligent, however.

19. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Why not just not have a female lead, and focus more on the robots instead?

I also found melissa very annoying in the cartoon, so I wouldn't be too happy if they put her in TF3 and kept her annoying personality and voice.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    While this is totally true, I don't see any reason why we can't cherry pick a character from an earlier series and rework them for the new one. Its an entirely valid process when you get long runners like Transformers.

Especially when you consider that the characters of Optimus and co. in the film are exactly that. Cherry picked characters then subject to alternate character interpretation to fit the modern audience, no matter my feelings on the subject I can't deny its worked.