mighty muggs.......why or why not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ersico, Mar 16, 2009.

?

whats your thoughts on migty muggs

Poll closed Mar 16, 2010.
  1. love them

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. hate them

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. don't care for them

27 vote(s)
    25.2%
  4. like them but not getting them

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. probably gonna get a few, depending on what looks cool

27 vote(s)
    25.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok, so ive been trying to keep up with the toys and catch up for the last year or three, what im wondering is what is the deal with the mighty mugs, like does everyone like them or dislike or don't care or collect?
    i mean they look bubbly and cute but i don't see 10.99 for them honestly, unless i can get convinced to pick up a few (convincing me isnt really that hard either.
    thanks for your comments

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They're cute and all that, but yeah - I haven't seen the need to buy any. Not yet, anyway. I might just be won over when a Mighty Muggs M.O.D.O.K. is made. ;) 

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

No interest in them at all.

4. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    No interest at all. It's just a fad to go with the 'urban vinyl toy designs' Like Kidrobot's, Which are actually cool to see.

iDD

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Like them, but Shockwave lloked awful. Got Megs, getting SW and SS

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

No interest. Plus, they suck.

7. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I can't stand those things. They're about as pointless as the themed Mr. Potato Heads, but without the thrill of tearing their faces off whenever I choose.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Most of them look okay, but I really don't see the appeal of getting some big blocky figures that can't transform and have minimal articulation. Basically the same reasons why I don't get Robot Heroes.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    No great interest in them. Might consider some if they're heavily discounted, but even then I probably wouldn't bother.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If we didn't have Robot Heroes I might be interested in them. But since we have Robot Heroes and I like them it seems rather redundant to get two lines of figures that are super cute but don't transform.

11. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

I've ordered Grimlock and SS. Otherwise, the only other one i have is optimus. I've got a total of 14 so far. I mean, they're different. And the box art is cool. Getting into MM is what actually led me here as someone from that forum was showing off their TF toys and bam! Here i am. I'm definitely switching focus over to TF's. Brings back childhood memories. I'm pretty done with MM's at this point unless something great comes out. The last ones i'm buying for now are the Scout troopers from Star wars.

12. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

I'm absolutely in love with these toys. I've been following urban vinyl toys for several years now (dunny most notably), and when i first saw Hasbro's version of this toy subculture, i was ecstatic!!! For years, I'd pondered what 'urban vinyl' versions of Marvel characters, Starwars, and Transformers would look like... I was not disappointed when i saw the result.

As for specifics to what i really like about them: I like the attention to detail. I like that paint is used to call attention to iconic bits of every character, rather than sculpting detail. I like that every single character has expression in the face that fits their personalities. I like that everything is stylized. and i like the variety of characters that i can choose from. The only downside i see is the pricing, and that limits how much i can budget in one shopping outing. But that creates a positive, in that it makes for more interesting toy hunts when i missed a character from a past wave.

holla!

13. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Hey longhaul - you on the MMForum? But ya, one thing to mention tho - Hasbro QC on these guys isn't the greatest - slight overspray, and things being slightly off-center is not uncommon. Scuffs and scratches are also not uncommon. But overall - i do like them a lot. But ya, the issue with the TF ones are - well, they don't transform. So, that kills a lot of interest for most peeps, but i still personally like them a lot. Of the ones that are out - i'm not getting megatron, soundwave, nor bumblebee (megatron doesn't quite look cool enough to me, soundwave also doesn't look quite right in MM form, bumblebee looks TOO happy). Optimus looks sweet though. And too bad they cancelled the Jazz line. His representation looked sweet.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are kind of cute, and I could see them being very popular with little kids, but they just don't appeal to me. The same body style with a different design painted on it just doesn't make the characters look very unique and severely distorts the features of some of the characters (the cancelled Shockwave being the worst for that). Also, they're way too expensive for what you get, IMO.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I like the depth of the character they provided. And the transformer ones are defitely the the only ones I would potentially buy if I had to choose.

But no. I have g1 Robot Heroes. Which homage the toy details as well as the cartoon/comic characters. Mighty Mugs also take a heap of shelf space.

Happy with Robot Heroes.

16. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Snake eye's and storm shadow from the joe line, and may pick up Grimmy, but that'll probably be it.

17. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    this

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like them and all of them look really rad, However I'm not going to pay $16.99 each for them here in Canada. If they went on sale for like $5 I might bite.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I wasn't planning on getting all of them, but I'm an impulse buyer. They aren't too bad, they look good on display! They are a little spendy for what they are though.

I also got Venom off eBay, I'll probably get Spider-Man as well.

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Like them, they're cute affordable designer toys for the masses...I do think the TF ones aren't as good, because most of them have round heads. They should have given them the helmet fins instead of guns..