Non-TF: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Green Ranger Dragon Power Coin

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Overhaulimus, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    A friend of mine had a couple resin cast Dragon Power Coins, he knew I was a HUGE MMPR fan, so he tossed one to me the other day.

He made the master by taking a normal Bandi Power Coin, sanding off the original Dino and sculpting in the Dragon emblem.

He still has the master but he no longer has the mold, this is one of the last copies from his mold.

I started by sanding off the Morpher clips, as I do not plan on placing this one in a Morpher, then I hit it with primer, once that was dry, I hit it with a base coat of flat black Krylon Fusion, then once that was dry, I went over it with Grecian Gold Rub N Buf. I wanted an aged looking Power Coin, as if Tommy kept it all of these years in a display case.

Now onto the photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

In some places, the Rub N Buff thinned out and took it back to the primer, but because of the shine from the Rub N Buff, it buffed the primer to look tarnished in those spots, and that was the exact look I was going for.

So I hope you guys like it, my next post should be of my scratch build Morphers, both normal and aged/damaged.

Attached Files:

2. Dex Antares

Dex Antares I am a Meat Popsicle

Wow, that's some great work. I was considering doing something similar, with the crappy American White Ranger coin.

3. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Do yourself a favor and get the resin one off ebay, it's accurate to the show and I believe morpher usable.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice. I would have loved to have one of those back in my MMPR collecting days. Nice stuff

5. Dex Antares

Dex Antares I am a Meat Popsicle

Actually, I wouldn't recommend that. I purchased an entire original American Morpher set (with "Gun/Sword") on eBay last year. It included a resin Dragon coin. The resin casting process isn't always reliable. Mine was bowed and warped, and didn't sit in the Morpher very well at all.

Actually, I'd recommend the metal replica's produced by Jess at PowerProps and the guys at StarLight Studios (both on eBay). I have a metal Dragon and proper White Ranger coin from Jess, and I'm absolutely thrilled with them. She even does some fantastic Ninjetti coins as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't let the graininess fool you. They're very impressive in person.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  6. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Over at rangerboard.com, a guy is selling metal casted power coins. Even the large ones on the Ninja outfits from the PR movie.

7. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Who ever did your resin coin let it sit in a lot of heat then, the resin coins I have, have never warped on me at all, and I live in Florida.