Customs: Mighty mini airbrush?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sokar, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone here used the testors aztek 9169 mighty mini airbrush w/ compressor package that you can buy?

I picked one up the other day for 70$, but I'm contemplating returning it (didn't open it yet). I've got a more basic airbrush set that hooks up to an air canister via a hose that's worked alright. Considering that you get the air compressor with this one though, I figured it might be a pretty good deal. The only review I've seen for it though rates it as horrible.

Considering that I'd be picking it up so I can work on kitbashes though I thought a review from here might help me decide if I should keep it, or just return it and wait a bit longer to get a more expensive one and a better compressor.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

An air compressor is better than the cans, but those low end azteks are horrid. You should probably save your money for a better hobby compressor. If noise isn't an issue, you can use a regular hardware compressor, just make sure it's got a pressure regulator. Whatever compressor you use, you're going to want a moisture trap for it.