Mighty Megatron...help!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by McSoundwave, Jul 4, 2011.

1. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

I need some advice. I really want to purchase a G1 styled/faithful Megatron, but am not sure which route to take. I'm not at all interested in the Masterpiece and right now, my top choice would have to be Takara's Encore (number 02), but those seem to be fairly rare and quite pricey for MISB. Just today however I saw something intriguing about the upcoming DOTM Chronicles 2-pack that will feature the movie figure of Megatron as well as his G1 counterpart. Hmmm...possibility. Does anyone have any solid info on how faithful a reissue that is going to be...does it promise to be a nice set...or would I just be better off going with the Encore since I really could give a sh*t less about the movie fig? If the vote is for the Encore, besides Ebay and Amazon, any other suggested sources for purchase at a reasonable price? Thanks!

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The upcoming Chronicles whatever doesn't have all the extra add-ons. Just the figure and the scope (and the various accessories for the figure)... No stock and silencer, IIRC.

In terms of reissues, your options are really Encore 02 or TFC-06... Post a want thread here, you're probably looking at about $80 for either one. I'd imagine you'll have an offer or a solid lead within a week.