Miester The Worst Alternator.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I Tried Transforming him first time since i got him back in 2005. He took a half hour and still wasn't aligned,and when bakc to Transforming him his hood was hard to put back on and The gun still doesn't fit,I read the Instruction and it doesn't help,I might try again today.

Peace Out!

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Wow, I've always considered that an awesome mold.

You must be doing something wrong to be having that many issues with it.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I TFed him without the instructions for my first time holding him a few weeks ago.

He's not THAT bad. Plus, he's one of the best Alts available.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I dunno how well this thread's gonna turn out, most people think the Mazda is one of the best Alternator molds

5. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I think the Dodge Ram is by far the worst Alt mold. G1 toys had better bot modes with more articulation than that POS.

6. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

The title of worst alternator belongs to Optimus Prime for me at least. That mold is complete crap.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Meister is FAR easier than the Subarus to transform, because his joints are actually ratcheted; with the Subarus it's a case of "looks about right". I TF'd mine without any instructions at all (I god a testshot, so it didn't even have any).

8. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meister should fit together quite nicely; the Subarus, Mustangs and the Dodge Rams are far more problematic to transform, although I'd never say any of them were crap. The RX-8 is easily one of the better moulds.

9. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Agreed, I think the Meister mold is a more refined version of the Subaru one, the transformation for Meister is quite smooth and simple imo. He's actually one of my favourite Alts aside from Mirage and Tracks.

10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Meister is by far my favourite of the four alts I own. Nice transformation, great poseability etc. The only problem I have with him is that the left arm pops of to easily.

That and the fact that the plastic seems to yellow very easily :( 

11. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Try switching to Gobots if he's too advanced. :p 

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Better bot modes? Come on, the G1 guys had more than enough terrible bot modes. Even Armada had better bot modes than a vast majority of G1 did.
    Whats wrong with the Dodge ram mold? Its big, powerful looking, fits Prime. Looks much better than a cardboard-box truck at any rate.

G1 can have more articulation than Alts? I think I must be seeing the wrong G1.
    My Nemesis Prime has more than enough articulation, he has knees, that's more than most G1 toys can say. He has neck movement, another thing alot of G1 lacked.

I'm sorry, but I couldnt leave that open. While everyone is entitled to an opinion and so on, I'm just sharing mine on the same subject.
    But hearing someone say G1 figures beat an Alt in both look and articulation? Now I'm not a G1 hater, it finished long before my time, but I've watched it all (barring headmasters/victory/zone.etc), So this isnt just being bias against G1.

I'm not a huge fan of Alts, I only have two (Ricochet and Nemesis Prime), and both were bought on impulse. Besides, I have more G1 figures by far than Alts.
    At a quick count of my shelves, the odds are:-
    Alts - 2
    G1s - 19 (21 if you count G2 Megs and G1 Soundwave statue)

So yeah, I'm not bias either way, but just thought I'd share an alternate view on the matter.

13. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Meister is one of my fav molds, I dont see why it is the worst Alt.

14. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah.... I think it was more of your frustration that leads you to your conclusion. Jazz/Meister aint that bad... I had a hard time transforming it back to car mode too especially the leg part but patience paid...think of it like scoring a 3rd base...its hard but hey its definitely worth the wait! Peace!

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I find that almost all the Alts gave me trouble the first time through the transformation.... but once you've done it once or twice, it becomes a lot easier. Personally I find Meister to be one of the easiest to transform, but I think it's just because I have so many versions of that mold, and have done customs of it, that I've transformed it a lot by now.

To me, honestly, the worst Alternator is poor Rumble. Not because of the transformation, of course (which is about on par with an Armada toy) but because the little guy just can't stay standing up to save his life. The feet always give out and send him toppling backwards. (I know, this could probably be fixed with nail polish... I've just been too lazy to do so). :p 

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So, just because you can't transform him properly, he's automaticaly the worst Alternator? Where does that logic come from?

He's actually one of my favorites, next to Nemmy Prime, Skidz, Mirage and Alt Rodimus.

17. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the Mazda Mold, although I perfer the Red BT Verion to Regular white Meister, and Shockwave blows them both out of the water, by being my favorite alt.

The Ram mold I don't mind, I like it more than that ugly as sin Psion that is skids.

But yeah the RX-8 mold rocks.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the Shockwave and didn't have any issues with him at all. I like it a lot more than most of the others, I wager I'd feel the same for Meister too if I could track one down at a good price!

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The arm problem isnt in my Shockwave but its so annoying on Meister. But I really cant say its a terrible Alt mold. I'd say Skids is worse. I had no problems transforming Shockwave OR Meister.

20. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I had Jazz for about a day before I returned it... He couldn't keep his left arm on.