Midnight Nation?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by yodafett, Apr 25, 2007.

1. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Ok, so I've just read Midnight Nation for the first time. Now I know why so many people said it is so good. I have a stupid quesiton. I got it form the library in TPB form, and it has issues 1-12, and 1/2 (or somethign like that). But on the binding, it said "Midnight Nation Vol. 1". Was there ever a Volume 2? Was it done and never collected? Or is that just an "In case we ever come back to this story" Volume number?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's volume 1 of 1. Never even heard rumors of a sequel.

If you enjoyed it, pick up Neil Gaiman's novel Neverwhere. Similar concepts, so much so there were some accusations of 'borrowing,' but a different execution. Fun read.

3. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I actually have Neverwhere, just haven't made time to read it. I LOVE Gaiman's work and 99.9% of what he's done. Guess it'll be next on my reading list....

Thanks for the quick reply, too!

4. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Midnight Nation is one of those graphic novels that I really adore and would love to see done right as a movie

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not a problem.

And I'm with Shipwreck. Midnight Nation is one of those stories that's much more 'graphic novel' than 'comic book.' But to be fair, I think most of JMS's stuff is the same way--Rising Stars FTW.