Middle School Bus Driver Promotes Kid's Star Wars Fight Club

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DevilzFan, Feb 4, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Link

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am Chewbacca's rage....

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Oh you poor woman :rolleyes: 

Imagine that, having to look after your own kids. What is the world coming to?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sounds like the same bullshit that's happened on schoolbuses since they existed. I got bullied on the bus and fucking hated it. However, I guess the experience made me an angrier, more sardonic and pissed off asshole, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

5. TSFC

TSFC Banned

One of the kids should just ring his door bell and when he answers, karate chop him in the adam's apple. Won't kill him, just choke him a good long while.

Shallow end of the gene pool gents...we must get better material for the start of human life.

6. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    That's not a fight club. A fight club would be if the weaker kids getting womped on would have fought back.

Ooops, rules one and two....uh, nevermind :confused2  .

7. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I don't think she meant anything like that at all

8. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Everyone will end up having to home school their children. Either because of feeling insecure or absolutely not willing to trust the schools with their children.

To a certain extent, the parents are right:
    1.) Kids are killing one another (some are getting SWAT to do it, but let's move on...)
    2.) Teachers are abusive (remember the kid who had the tube ripped out by the substitute?)
    3.) Teachers (mainly female lately) have been raping the children
    4.) Bus drivers like this guy have been pulling more shit. This guy got thugs, one on the news yesterday slapped a mentally handicapped child, and a few months back one got busted for breaking up a fight by beating on the kids.

It's just building and building...it's gonna blow soon. When I finally do have kids, I admit I'm deathly afraid of what they'll be greeted with in, say, 10 years.

This is one fucked up world.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

How is this a fight club, or even Star Wars?

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Personally, I think this conclusion is a little ridiculous. There's abuse in public school regardless of who the child is, what their interest is, etc. It's forever been a constant in public education. Home schooling, while an effective way to educate children, is not a comprehensive education - a home-schooling parent has essentially abstained from teaching the child a very critical subject of study in public school - social relations.

Shit like this "Star Wars fight club" bus ride just happens. It fucking sucks for the kids getting abused. It will mar the records of the kids who were doing the beating. The bus driver loses his job. Everyone suffers a little as a result of it. But it's by no means the apocalyptic end of public school education as we know it.

Some - or all - of those kids will end up having learned a social lesson as a result of it. The lesson, whether it's "don't pick on the kids or the administration will come down on you" or it's "be prepared - some of your classmates are assholes and you may need to get out of a fight" is subjective. However, those lessons are constants in real life. Home school your kid and he'll never figure 'em out.

There are forums on Myspace and facebook named "I went to public school, bitch." It may not be the most tactful way to note that a person is proud of their government-&-tax-funded education, but it gets the point across.

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Wait ... you can make $1,000 a week driving a school bus?

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Yeah, if you put money on the fat kid losing. :lol 

13. TSFC

TSFC Banned

...I must've missed that. $1,000.00 and he's bitching about dealing with kids, so he makes his own little band of mobsters?

Lazy fuck! Pull the bus over and handle it yourself! "I live with my mother. I make $4,000.00 a month. I could live on my own with my wife and child, but I choose to live with my mom and teach kids to beat the shit out of each other and get paid for it. Who wouldn't want to be me?" None of us, cuz I'm sure mom joins in from time to time. Bet you got a hot tub hooked up and everything. ;) 

14. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

When you subtract all the weeks that he doesn't drive a bus during the summer, thanksgiving, winter break, and spring break he isn't making that much money.

He might have another job or something. One teacher at my middle school actually drove a bus for another middle school in town.

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    plus it is in NYC where that would probably barely cover some rent and such.. Not a great deal of money with breaks and all... More like 30-32 weeks a year or so...

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Shit, our world is fucked up.

17. DevilzFan

Story on the radio, which I need to find the article they read, said the Bus Driver gave them "Ranks" like Moff, Admiral, Sith Lord, etc. He would give the stronger kids higher titles, and let them beat the shit out of the weaker kids.

18. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

This incident was not right, and i'm not defeding the bus driver, but the presence of this:
    "Several students identified a small group of Goth kids - who dress mostly in black and are obsessed with punk music - as the ringleaders of the fight club."
    pissed me off.

Persistance of negative connotations like these are only going to perpetuate the idea that kids who are "different" are lesser people than anyone else and will give reasons for ignorant kids that are bigger than them to beat them up, which in turn makes the "different" kids angry and makes them think its ok to beat up kids smaller than they are.

Damn right this world is fucked up.

You may think I'm missing the point that this was a bus driver that allowed kids to beat up other kids, but I haven't. It's not right and he should lose his job. Who knows, what if the bus driver was one of those "different" kids that got beat up when he was younger? its a vicious cycle.

19. DevilzFan

I encourage beating the crap out of goth and emo kids and hopefully knocking some sense into them. :p 

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It sounded good until I got to the part about beating up the weaker kids...thought he might have had a "Guardian Angel" thing going to PROTECT the weaker kids.....boy, was I wrong.