Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo next gen wish list.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by samtheman, Apr 12, 2009.

1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Ok first off, this is not a company A is better than company B thread. I am not trying to say the current gen systems aren't performing or becoming outdated either.

This is just a thread about what you would want in a next gen system.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Better motion sensing, graphics and the ability to have multiple optical drives connected.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Microsoft's next console: HAVE NO RROD BULLSHIT.

4. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

They all join forces and exclusives no longer exist.

5. Mechafire

News Credits:
    But then all the fanboys would have no reason to exist... :) 

6. BMGFX

You say that like it's a bad thing...

7. Mechafire

News Credits:
    It just wouldn't be the same. :p 

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I would want full 3D support, so you can have 3D games like IMAX, polarised lenses or whatever.

I'm sure something can be done with Full HD 1080p TVs.

9. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wii2 - Continued backwards compatibility to Gamecube and Wii games (and hardware). Refine motion controls but also allow for a "standard" controller for ALL games. True HD gaming. have a hard drive installed or at the very least, offer a larger internal memory from the get go with an optional external HD plug in down the road.

X-box - don't cheap out on the hardware. Continuted backwards compatibility to previous generations of X-Box. Ability to send an electronic jolt to annoying people of XBL that will temporarily Red Ring their box ^_^

PS4 - make it smaller. never really had ANY experience with the PS3, so... yeah, that's all I can come up with.

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Nintendo- How about some graphics. Some HD graphics. Also, how about making some games we want to play. The first year or so of the Wii was great having Zelda, Metroid, and Mario. Speaking of games, you need to make 3rd parties step up to the plate with quality titles. You're online needs to be reworked and friend codes absolutely have to go. Also, improved motion controls and some pressure sensitive buttons would be nice for the controller.

Xbox- Some good and powerful new hardware. And you stop with the money grabbing things such as way-too-expensive add-ons and pay-for-multiplayer xbox live. Also, this time use a bluray drive and not make your consoles fail at huge rates.

Playstation- You're my winner of this generation, but that does not mean to keep doing what you're doing on everything. Hardware wise you're great with user-upgradable hard drives, but you need to stop gutting versions to make cheaper price points. PSN needs to evolve a bit more, and Home needs to go away. Also, its time for a redesign of the controller. There are some pretty good first party games out like Uncharted, Little Big Planet and Killzone 2; but you need to get more big 3rd party exclusives on the system. Other than that just make it a more powerful machine.

11. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I always get Nintendo's systems because I like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart enough to justify the fact that there won't be too many other decent games for the system.
    But enough is enough. If their next console doesn't have some decent graphics,I'm out. I don't mean "decent" like Galaxy is decent,I mean "decent" like "could be released on 360 without laughter".

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wii 2 - enforce a minimum standard of game design so it doesn't get swamped with mini-game collections. Give it at least DVD playback, preferably Blu-ray

XBox 720 (;) ) - sort out the hardware issues, provide in-built wifi as standard, add a blu-ray player (long shot, I know)

PS4 - haven't got any real experience with PS3 to comment

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I know Resistance 2 can hold a lot of players, some guy told me 60, but basically I what I want to really in a next gen system is to have more max # of players in a multiplayer game. Like, have a total of 32 to 60 players instead of the usual 16.

14. BMGFX

For 360:

-Obvious improvements to hardware specs such as HDD, Memory, etc.

-Built in wifi, internet browser

-Backwards compatibility with original xbox games would be a bonus, 360 games compatibility should be a must have, as well as arcade games (should be able to transfer purchased games to new console or be able to download game to new platform without having to buy twice)

That's about it for me. I'm not really into the 3D stuff as my vision isn't good enough to take advantage.

15. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    For Nintendo to create a Action RPG Pokemon game that is part of the mainline. No more of this menu crap. Give me full, real-time control of mah Pokemon!

16. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Xbox 720- make Live free only reason I dont have it is cause it costs so friggin much, make all accessories cheaper (cmon $50 for a friggin memory card?)

PS4- no real experience so make it cheaper and downsize it

Wii- no real experience but make some games that appeal to all fans for once and get some actual graphics that are actually next gen

17. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Wireless as standard, reliable hardware and back compatability for 720.

Not had a Sony console since the original, so no opinion.

I've long accepted post-SNES Nintendo consoles as a tax on wanting to play thier games rather then a credible single purchase option, so i'm not really bothered whether they get online and third party right since i'll have one of the other systems for that anyway.

18. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Isn't Blu Ray a Sony thing? They might not let the competition use it in their systems. (I'm just guessing,I really have no idea)

19. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    For all systems:

Tech Specs:
    All more powerful than the current gen with all three about the same. Blu-ray for all.

Online:
    Free with X-Box Live quality and a friends list, no friend codes.
    An ignore list so you don't have to play with people you find annoying more than once unless it has to do with ranked matches.
    Let's make clans a part of your friends list also with the ability to join/form many clans.
    Make the friends count more than 100, 1000 preferable even if you won't have that many.
    Ability to pull up a menu through the guide button to look up FAQ's to a game so you don't have to go over to your computer.

Saving:
    Those media card slots need to be on all systems.
    USB external hard drives compatibility.
    Anything saved to the system can be moved at will and not tied to a system unless it is payed for media (games, avatars, etc.).
    Ability to move saves from old gen systems to new including payed for content through sharing of accounts between generations.

Created Characters/Avatars:
    Extremely enhanced Mii style creations for all systems with maybe a Home style setting (not too familiar with Home).
    These created characters could be cartoonie or ultra realistic depending on taste and are not limited to humans but things like aliens and robots.
    A build from scratch option for created characters so you could be as creative as possible, like building Optimus Prime or a Pikachu if you have the ability.
    Created characters could be used in all games with the Create-A-Character option.
    Create-A-Character parts could be downloaded onto the system so a lot of the work could be done on the system with the finer details like moves in the games Create-A-Character option.
    A lot of created characters could be made and saved on the system or removable media with memory the only limit.

Controllers:
    Two controllers - 360/PS3 (traditional) style and Wii (motion) style.
    Both styles would have rumble, better speaker than the Wii-mote, and some form of motion control.
    More buttons for the motion style controller with both parts having 1-1 motion sensing.
    Redesigned second part (Nunchuk) to the motion style.
    Can combine traditional style and remote part of motion style controller for more playing options.

Downloads:
    Downloaded themes and pics be cheaper since they seem way to expensive for what most of them are.
    More PSN, Wii-Ware, and X-Box Arcade style games (Nintendo only - cheaper VC games with a lot more updates since there is a huge library for the systems they have listed).
    Fewer small downloads, bundle more together (we don't need every characters suit sold separately with a total rivaling the price of the actual game).

Other:
    X-Box 360 style guide button pop-up.
    Downloadable channels/blades like the extra Wii Channels.
    More use of real life local weather in some games.
    Changeable faceplates and other parts like the 360, possible faceplates for controllers too.
    Built in Wi-Fi.
    More Handheld system use, the DS touch pad would be great for drawing stuff for things like Create-A-Character.

I'm sure I can think of more that is enough for now.

Edit: Forgot backward compatibility for all disc based systems from each company.

20. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    cross system online play (wishful thinking)

Wii - step up the 3rd party qc. these new games have been horrible!

Xbox - free online like ps3, no more rrod

ps - home has to go, interface updates for the xmb that make things easier like xbox live