Microsoft eliminates touchscreen gadgets with the help of Kinect

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by netkid, Nov 4, 2011.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Omnitouch......Omnitool??? :drool:  Stuff Minority Report, I want Mass Effect. Damn that'd be so amazing

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone put this up a long while back, when it was just a guy pitching the idea. It looks really awesome, but it ain't replacing my TV. I don't want to watch Transformers 5: The Revenge of Bruticus on someone's ass.

People are accustomed to being able to pull their hand devices and start typing away (with both hands). Our hand isn't going to be a better screen than what's out there now, and finding a ideal wall or surface will take longer than just pulling your phone out. So you'll either see a bunch of folks trying to find a place against a wall, or a table to sit by. For example, imagine waiting at a restaurant lobby and looking for a place to see a larger document or email. Your hand is too small and bumpy to see clearly, and the place is too crowded to find a flat surface. And even if you are using your one hand to type on your other hand, it almost seems like your own shadow might obscure some of your typing.

In the work place it could work in interesting ways, but replacing my phone is certainly isn't.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember this being in the concept stage a while back. In the near future, I think these could supplement current devices instead of simply replacing them. Your smartphone, for instance, could still work the way it usually does, but now with the option of projecting the keyboard/screen to a larger area when you're in a place that could accommodate it. There are many possibilities and innovations that could come out of this technology.

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Remind me when the screen is, instead of a projector, a hd screen built into some shades.

Or a scifi visor. I want hands free hands free computers. And a desk where the entire surface is a touch screen.

:D 

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yesyesyesyesyes.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    What if it's Scarlett Johansson's ass?

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member