Microsoft announces disc replacement program for X-Box/X-Box 360 games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Apr 4, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

even though it says 360 games, there's XB games too.

nice idea seeing its cheaper than buying a new game (even games like Halo 2 & PGR3 which is a Platinum Hit title)...but the bad thing is that it's only for MS published games.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If people look into it, a lot of companies do this. I paid $15 way back when to have Lucas Arts replace a copy of the original Star Wars Battlefront, which was still $40 at the time.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Yeah, Actuivision will replace a game past warranty for a fee. I believe it was $20, they replaced my Cod2 GotY Edition for free since my 360 had a habit of scratching discs.

4. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

Harmonix does it for free too. Or at least they did with my copy of Guitar Hero. The game just stopped working, so I emailed them, they were interested in why it wasn't working. Sent me a package to mail them the disc back, a new sealed copy of the game, a t-shirt and 5 bucks in cash for postage.

I thought it was pretty incredible customer service on their part.

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I might have to see if Konami does the same. I bought a copy of DDR for the original Xbox not to long ago and it doesn't want to play at all. I thought it was cause my xbox had sat around unused for almost a year, but other games worked perfect on it.