Micron Legend, Superlink, and Galaxy Force

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by zero1, Jan 19, 2008.

1. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

This topic is about the Transformers japanese series Micron Legend, Superlink, and Galaxy Force in which it's english counterparts are Armada, Energon, and Cybertron respectively.

How is the last part of Micron Legend different from Armada plotwise?

In Superlink, what does Unicron have to do with Super Energon?

What happened to the Chip Square and Planet force in the end of Galaxy Force?

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

As far as I know, the answer is "the same" to all three questions.

The differences are relatively miniscule, except for Galaxy Force which makes no attempt to connect itself with the previous two shows. They also left out one episode from Energon.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    They're all largely the same, despite Takara's Bizzarro Alternate Universe for Galaxy Force....... which they then retconned for the Galaxy Force DVD release and their own official continuity timeline this year.

Speaking for Galaxy Force, the Omega Lock (Chip Square sounds really awkward) was returned to Primus and was never seen again after he blew up the black hole and turned into the partly organic Cybertron. The key things were split up once again among the four space ships to build a new space bridge network.

TakaraTomy should never be allowed to participate in creating Transformers fiction intended for the American market ever again. They override Hasbro's plans to suit their own short-sighted purposes, ending in disaster.

TRIVIA: It is commonly believed that Hasbro's instructions for Cyberton Optimus Prime's super mode is incorrect since the wings are upsidesdown compared to Galaxy Force. BUT, Takara's own resin hardcopy photos leaked in 2005 showed that the original Super Mode plans (with the guns over the top) were what Hasbro used on their toy. Evidently Takara changed their minds and never told Hasbro, which is why Hasbro's instructions were 'wrong'.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    That's good to know. It also boosts my faith in Takara (seriously... The Takara official transformation looks loads better than the Hasbro one)

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If anything, it does the exacty opposite for me. Takara should have told Hasbro that they changed the transformation. Even though I don't really have any problems with Armade, Energon, or Cybertron, I'm glad that Hasbro has taken control of the story-line away from Takara for Animated. It's nice to not have half the show dedicated to each character transforming, and have some TF's that can show some emotion and character.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    How often have you done a group project for school or whatever and had someone change something without telling the group? It happens. Maybe by the time they told them, production had already started? I'd say a variant in the transformation itself would be something Hasbro would want to avoid. I don't have one to say, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept the transformation "incorrect" on the Galaxy Force repaint just to stay consistant.

7. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    It should be noted that the reason why they had to have a joint series of toylines was Hasbro was paying for it. Takara was doing very badly financially at the time, and only really recovered when Tomy took them over. At the time, Takara really couldn't afford to do anything significant in Transformers just by themselves.

Despite this, there's been a few times in the line where Takara's marketing department decided that despite being the paupers in this partnership, they were better equipped to make the decisions about the joint toyline. Of course, they didn't tell Hasbro about some of these decisions, either.

8. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

i think they should have made the whole series for at least japan or america... yall, know what was made was only half done right? stuff like the War Planet which is where Wingsaber, the scrapmetals, and the Cybertron defense upgrades are really from, primes mini Gigantian form, prime and megs Animatros forms, Sideways and Soundwave helping unicron...

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The War Planet would have been cool, though I'd imagine that most of the upgrades would have been new characters. I think it was dropped because it was "too violent" or perhaps because the plot was unwieldy enough as it was. Though I don't know where this actually came from, whether it was just something the fans thought of or if it was actually confirmed by the production team.

The rest of the stuff that you mention was all created by Hasbro so they could sell more toys in the line. It was never a part of the plot. More a backstory to explain why certain toys came to be and to loosely tie them in.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

And most importantly, does anyone care which is official and which isn't? Hasbro's intructions may tell you one way to do it, but nothing prevents children (or us) from turning the wings the other way around.

I myself definitely prefer the Takara version, too.

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In order to fully create the monstrosity I've seen referred to as 'Frankenprime,' it's necessary to have the upside down wings. FYI, Frankenprime involves leaving both arms in cab mode, attaching the wings, then attaching two Leobreakers (or, in my case, one Leo and one Nemesis Breaker), and balancing Wing Sabre on top so the chest piece goes where it's supposed to. Don't have any pics at the moment, but it's fun trying to get everything to balance.

-Tony!

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I prefer the underarm configuration, but either one is good.

13. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Just so that I can finally say it somewhere...

One major issue/problem that lead to that was the fact that with a common threat and all coming on from the very beginning of the series, its way too easy to get all the characters get united in the same goal, leaving a lot of their possible character out of it (less chances at disagreeing and arguing and therefore character chemistry, as they are concentrated at the single issue at hand)

Was I able to show my point there?

14. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Botcon 2006 Hasbro panel. Some of the planets Hasbro conceptualised was a junk planet (which later evolved into Gigantion) and a war planet.

15. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

In a school project.. yes. In a international business relationship with millions at stake.. no

Takara belongs OUT of Transformers... Period. Don't let them near the story again, and only pay them to engineer. Outside of that.. no...

16. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

I'm wondering. In Micron Legend, why does Convoy release his Matrix before fighting Megatron at episode 52?
    Is Grand Convoy the same Convoy from Micron Legend? If so, how did he change? He does have a different voice actor from the previous series.
    In Galaxy Force, why was the Chip Square in the Atlantis ship instead of any of the other three ancient ships?

17. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    No, all of the Convoys are supposed to be different characters. In the US all of the Primes are the same character but upgraded for each series

Because the Autobots needed a way to find the Cyber Planet keys after Megatron stole Vector Prime's map. If it wasn't there, then the Autobots would loose, and the Universe would be gobbled up by episode 9.

18. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not right at all. Convoy from Micron Legend and Grand Convoy from Super Link are definitely the same character - their relationships with all the existing characters are the same, he talks about how Hot Shot served under him in the past, his rivalry with Megatron remains intact. Galaxy Convoy from Galaxy Force, on the other hand... well, *originally*, when the series was treated as another reboot, he was a new character, but it's since been retconned back into being part of the Micron-Superlink timeline, so he's *probably* the same guy.

19. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Hello guys, I am great fan of Japanese TF's series but I it seems I have been far from info too much time.

For what I undestand, now Galaxy Force fits in the normal TF's continuity in Japan? Can anybody explain me how is the new continuity now? Is there any source for this? THanks! I ahve recently got a new Japanese continuity line but it doesn't say anything about Micron, Superlink (my favorite one) anf Galaxy Force.

20. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Takara retroactively placed Galaxy Force into their Micron Legend/Superlink timeline via their website:

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/TF/table.html

Hover your mouse over the tabs labeled "Chronicle 2" (in Japanese, of course...they're at the bottom).