Micromasters

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by -Mainframe-, Apr 9, 2012.

1. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

I was looking at Dreamwave's Micromaster's comics today.

Are we ever going to see them again?

I would like to see another mini-series or on-going series with them.

IDW should just buy the rights to all Dreamwave's series and go from there.

Attached Files:

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixit was in the most recent issue of Robots in Disguise.

He was just portrayed as a regular sized TF.

That leaves the door open for any other Micromaster characters to show up, at whatever size down the line.

-ZacWilliam, was always a fan of the Off Road Patrol. Bring on Tote.

3. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

And in the IDW Generation 1 continuity, several Micromaster teams were portrayed as groups of "evolved" (as Jhiaxus would probably put it) Gorlam Prime inhabitants - well, until D'Void came along, anyway.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As a Micromaster fan, I sure hope we do. Someone (IDW, hopefully) should give the Brad Mick duo their money so they can continue their unfinished G1 stories. That stuff was genuinely intriguing and left me hungering to know what direction they were going to take.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  5. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Man I loved that mini from DW the art was a bit sketchy but I dug the story. I was sad when they were just cannon fodder for Hardhead but seeing Fixit in the new series leads to interesting possibilites. Off topic I could care less how someone signs their post I'm more interested in what comes before that. If it bothers you guys so much why not hit ignore?

6. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Well, if Fixit's there as a normal-sized TF, there's a good chance other people are there too. It'd be nice to see some of these obscure tiny guys developed.

You don't have anything better to do than worry about minor and easily ignored shit?

Takeout

7. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Can we leave the petty bitching about people's posting styles out of this, and focus on micromasters?

I wanna see an issue where a few sports car micromasters (or whatever size now) are shown watching earth wrestling, as an old in joke. :D 

8. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The DW book had an ok story yeah, but the art was just painful in places. It's off putting cause I love that the Micromasters were used, and the Deluxe Insecticons, who I'm a big fan of, got some airtime as well but it's probably the book that's the hardest to look at art wise of everything from DW.

As for IDW, making the equivalent of an entire year of TFs (half of 89 and half of 90) into characterless "monster" cannon fodder was just too much waste for me. I'm glad to see that the Gorlam stuff is being left behind basically and we have a chance of seeing these guys in IDW again.

-ZacWilliam, I wonder if they could use Micromaster Barricade as a back door to get a version of the Movieverse character into G1.

9. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

ZW:

a.t.t. brofist! :D 

Phaser is cack. His toy is pants. Am I doing it right? :D 

I thought the DW MM comic was enjoyable cheese, as far as it went, and of course I like obscure things and Micros of all sorts.
    They should always be small...usually...except once in a while, to keep things interesting. In those cases, they should preferably be HUGE. Like, Countdown as big as Fort Max (which he supposedly had been, in the MM comic, right?) Normal-size micros are just another Transformer.

Wrestling Roadhandler needs to show up again, somewhere.

Cordially yours:
    Autobus Prime
    w/minicon Farebox.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I didn't enjoy the DW Micromasters mini at all. The art was poor, the story I struggled to follow, and 98% of the time I forgot who was who, which probably contributed some to me not being able to follow the story. Marvel handled the Micromasters better.
    Would IDW do a proper Micromasters story better than DW? Maybe. But I think I'd still forget who was who since there's so many of the little buggers and often they look very similar. But then I've always had a problem with remembering the names of Micromasters and MiniCons so maybe it's just me.
    There's no need for anyone to troll anyone though, mate. I just generally read down to the sign-off part of ZacWilliam's posts (since I do enjoy reading them) and then skip the last thought as if it's a sig. Sometimes I'll read the sign-off and sometimes not. At least it's at the very end where it can be easily ignored if chosen without missing out on the main content of his actual posts.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The Micromasters were a great, fun series of toys that never really got the proper treatment in any US fiction.
    In the Marvel Comics there was never really any origin given to them beyond some throwaway dialog about ‘fuel economy’.
    It was never clear if they were supposed to be micro sized vehicles or not.
    I seem to remember them just driving around on US highways and no one ever said 'A tiny car?'
    And given the general size inconsistencies throughout the Marvel run, they never really felt ‘micro’ to me.

IDW has sort of dumped them on Golam Prime, in with the other bots, or as random background character without much regard to their source as Micromasters.

Dreamwave tried to give them a proper story, but they messed it up with the horrible, horrible, hip-hop subculture of the Micromasters.
    Yo, Micro.
    ‘Sup...

Yuck.

And the artwork was so bad that I felt like the story was setting up a new faction of Transformers: Puffmasters.

[​IMG]

I’d like to think that the spirit of the Micromasters toys lives on brilliantly with the Cyberverse line.

Didn't you watch Armada?
    If you can't remember a Minicon's name then just alternate calling him 'Jolt' or 'Grindor' :) 

Attached Files:

12. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Full-sized? That's not a Micromaster. IDW needs a Micromasters mini-series.

I would like to see the Dreamwave series continued. ;) 

Planet Micro

Micromasters

IDW needs to bring Planet Micro into continuity.

13. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If I ever came up on the lotto I would see this done.