Customs: Micromaster Combiner on a whole other level

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tankhunter48, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Tankhunter48

Tankhunter48 Trailcreeper

Hey all!
    After months of mulling my ideas over, I think I finally have the final jumping point for a Military Patrol combiner using combiner wars molds. Here's the idea and the general layout if the work ahead. I'm also looking to get some heads modeled for these figures; my inbox is open to offers. Comments and crits welcome!

TRACER:
    Base mold will be AB. Expected work is going to be to make his rotor blades able to move around to both his arms and a different position on his back, possibly allow his cockpit to partsform onto his chest, and give him a new head. Then, of course, painting him.

GROWL:
    Base figure will be G2 Swindle. Need to strip his paint, model a gun turret, swap his head, and then paint. Possibly paint to closer march the G1 red and plate over his cockpit for an armored car look and less of a dune buggy look.

DROPSHOT:
    Base figure will be Rook. No paint stripping, just adding more paint, swapping his head and maybe making him a chest cover a la his G1 toy.

BOMBSHOCK:
    Base figure will be G2 Brawl. Strip the paint, swap the head, and paint. May do some resculpting to make his chest blocker. Possibly paint him to make him a darker green.

AIRWAVE:
    Base figure is planned to be Silverbolt. I have debated Cyclonus, but the shape is too far off of the character's original jet mode. Strip the paint, swap the heads, add some firepower, move his tailfins to the wings, paint. Don't know what to do about the combined mode head yet, but ideas are welcome.
    IMG_20170619_232036.jpg 170619110020.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tankhunter48

Need opinions, so bump

3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Maybe Onslaught as Roughstuff?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tankhunter48

OOOOH. I'm surprised that someone actually commented on this. I honestly thought no one cared. That is a fragging excellent idea!

The only flaw is that it'll really look like Bruticus with Roughstuff (Blue and green, grey accents, beefy vehicles as legs, etc.). I may ask someone to Photoshop the two for me to get a better idea of how they'd look as a group.

• Like Like x 1