microman questions

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Dolza_Khyron, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

recently i've taken an interest in possibly picking up some microman stuff, especially the new stuff, but i know very little about them, especially, i want to know the quality of the plastics, how it holds up to say, GI joe. and how are the accesseries and such. i tried to find, possible gallories and other information on this toyline, but other then microman forever, there does not seem to be much actual information on them, at least not from what i can find on google, that is actually in english, Pictures would help too, if any wants to post a few from their collection.

how big are they? are they worth the some times high pricetags? *i've noticed a few up to $90 on bbts and other sites* how's the "people" ones? *like superman/streetfighter and such* they look very possible, but so did VR fighter toys, but they break really easily. are they that very soft vinal? or are they hard plastic? transformer plastic? would they fit in say the road car bots? *probably not the alternators but at least do they fit in the road bots?*

are there any that i should avoid? are they worth adding to a collection? or should i skip this entirely?

other then the transformer connection, was there ever a story behind this? is it a stand alone toyline or what?

2. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

The Ehobby Magnificus and Ga'Mede set are microman based.

Try http://www.microforever.com. There's a whole bunch of info there. Alot of the early transformers were ariginally Microman...Soundawave, Megatron, Perceptor, Cassetes, Blaster, Reflector

3. Dolza_Khyron

yea i know that stuff, but what i'm asking about is the current modern stuff.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I will try my best to describe as I got 1 or 2 of them...

i) The human figures are around the old school GL Joe height 3 3/4.

ii) The Microman that I have are pretty durable and the last one I got was an all "yellow" Acroyer (current series). The plastic is durable/hard and the joints were fairly tight, allowing me to pose the figure well.

I can't comment on the series oriented type like Batman or GaoGaiGar as I don't own them - kept passing them up due to other stuff but I have heard good things about them such as decent QC - although they have been some complaints of loose joints and breakage.

Maybe collectors like Tikgnat can offer you their views?

5. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

I really like Microman, very posable, generally lots of accesories (especially the chromed head ones), and recently they updated to more 'realistic anime'-bodies (used on the second Evangelion releases, Superman, Kinnukuman, Microladies2, Acroladies2 and Votoms Fyanna), those new bodies even have more articulations

prices (in dollars) are about 10-15 for general figures, 20-30 for figures with large accesories and exclusives can get even more expensive, even though the action figures are small (TF basic sized)

some pictures:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BTFA/Microman/Chun-Li%20vs%20Sakura/
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BTFA/Microman/Devilman%20vs%20Silene/
    customs I made: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Superlink/Superlink/Nekomimi/
    (I actually have a lot more, but these are the only ones I took pictures of :p )

known problems:
    -microman figures with rubber parts: all the rubber will crack sooner or later (both sets of Streetfighter girls, GaoGaiGar girl, Assassin Yume, ...)
    -Micro Action Alien Warrior: suffered a lot, mine had it's ankle broken while I did not use lots of force, plus half of the backpipes are missing (and stupid store that sold me never cared to reply for a replacement...)
    -Kicker (TF Energon/Superlink) apparantly easyly breaks in 2, I don't have that particular figure, but many fans used to complain about this

in general, most joints are very decent

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i got the BOTP ken, catwoman and AvP ones. theyre pretty sweet. you can make em go head to head with your joes and SW figures.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I love Microman, but only the newer stuff. Any vintage stuff kind of misses the point with me... a 3 3/4 inch figure with Marvel Legends type articulation rules.

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Hey tikgat, could you post a pic of Batman Begins Batman next to the regular Batman? The cloth cape on Begins is drawing me that direction.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine snapped.
    [​IMG]

I tried getting into them, but little parts just keep falling off and breaking too much. Batman's head was driving me crazy and Alien was a pain to pose around. My Predator and Acroyears hold together pretty well, but still aggervating at times with wrists falling off alot. I guess Im used to the durability of the 3 3/4 Joes

10. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I took this picture ages ago.

[​IMG]

The cloth cape on the regular Batman/Batgirl Bats is a custom I did. To be honest the Batman Begins is VERY sweet, (assuming it doesn't fall apart) its comes with a lot of accessories, communicator, batarang, mine things, as well as the cape.

The other Batman looks like the comic counterpart, and the solid cape is pretty poop, hence me making my own cloth cape.

And how could forget to mention the Predator Micromen? They're pretty much the ebst Predator figures I've ever seen. I'll dig up an old picture.

Edit

[​IMG]

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I only have some of the more recent licensed ones, namely Batman Begins, Batman/Batgirl 2pk, Eva Asuka, and Supergirl. I haven't had a problem with the plastic on most of them, but then again my Kicker hasn't given me any problems so I guess I'm in the lucky minority (for once).

The only beef I've got with them are some of the paint apps. The face on my Batman Begins is kinda blobby and and Supergirl's "S" is a little bleedy. But I chalk this up to having some pretty intricate details on a small area, so it's all good.

I do wish that more of the capes were like the Begins one, though I would've chosen a thinner material. But the wires sewn into it make me happy again. ^_^

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's a BOTP ken? Is he from the Street Fighter series? I thought they only released Chun Li and Sakura only?

13. Darkravager

The Begins cape has wires in it? Man, that in addition to the excellent sculpt just sold me on that.

14. Dolza_Khyron

thank you for the advice, so ARE microman, worth the price they might be? *for at least non-exclusives?

15. Darkravager

Does anyone else have the Batman Begins one? I've heard one person say that their's broke in half, and someone else said it's good. Anyone else have any experience with it?

Or more pics? ;) 

Also, since they seem to be partnering with DC for some micromen, I wonder what the chances of a Green Lantern one are.

16. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

that would be soooo cool. I want a Green Lantern figure. And a Parallax would be nice.

17. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

yes they are, I didn't regret buying them :D  (not even the Material Force figures = blank bodies in different colors)

18. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

19. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Definitely. I'd root for a John Stewart, but it would probably end up being Hal Jordan. But in the end Lantern's Lantern, right?

20. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They could just do a standard GL body, and pack in different heads for Hal Jordan, John Stewart and maybe even Guy Gardner.