Microman Figures?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by mrhillz, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Does Takara even make these anymore? The Revoltechs pretty much trump them anyways, but nobody has heard about them in years.

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's alrdy an existing thread for it here but somehow got lost in the mix:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/184669-show-us-your-micromen-nauts.html

This is a great & detailed site with info/reference on Microman in english:

Microman Forever

Yeah I agree with ya. Microman now lags in terms of new stuff, lack of marketing & now there's so many other alternative to choose from, for the poseable action/anime figure in Japan. we're spoilt for choice.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just thinking of posting in the old thread since I bought Robotman Baron and Endeavor off of BBTS this weekend.

The GGG figs were the newest Microman toys I bought, but as Rizuan stated Revoltech pretty much took my interest after that.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I still need to get Robotman Endeavor. I have Robotman Dean. Pretty cool if not a little on the loose side thanks to the magnetic jointing.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was hoping they'd revisit some of their classic designs again or perhaps reissue something like the Microman 99 model kits.

I count Microman 99 as one of my all time favourite toyline It has kidfriendlyness adaptability fun, reasonably durability (unlike some Microman/Micronauts). and a lot of customisability in the way they fit together - You can even combine Dean and Endevour into a single robot that looks 100% legit and like a retail product with no left over parts.

It's a line I miss as much as I miss MASK or Starcom.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Takara isn't doing anything Microman right now. They ended the line back when they were having money trouble. They tried focusing on licensed properties, and it wasn't doing that well.

Hasbro had some future plans for Micronauts, but no one really knows any kind of details, or if it's still happening. If whatever they're planning does happen and it works, I can easily see Takara starting Microman back up.

Incidentally, Impact Man is the best thing.