Heavy/Scratch: Micro Soundwave, my way...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Attached Files:

2. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Neat.

3. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

Very, very nice. I wish the original WST Soundwave was like that.

4. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are bitchin'... really impressive.

On a side not, I can't wait for my WST Stickers to come so I can make my little guys look just like the originals... Soundwave is df. one of the best looking post-stickering.

EDIT: There's not a way to make the micro-cassette sticker fit the WST Ravage, is there? That'd be bad-ass to have him all stickered up in there...

5. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice! Love the cybertron mode for SW too. What was he anyway, a telephone pole?

6. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

yee! no if only i could find some1 selling a WST soundwave for under 30... bleh I'd rather buy a POS vintage for 10. which i did. lol but even if i DID find one, it wouldn't look nearly as cool as what you have got there ;) 

7. Delta Star

News Credits:
    That's a good question. I always figured a scanner of some kind. Perhaps to verify proper authorization prior to entering Iacon? Could also be a comm terminal, to speak with those inside the structure. Or both those.

The weird thing with that being a disguise, though, is that Jazz should well have noticed there were now two scanners where there should be one.

8. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Your figures look sweet Delta! Amazing stuff you've been showing off lately...

I always assumed he was a street light of some sort... You're RAPING MY CHILDHOOD!!!! Just kidding, but that is what I assumed he was supposed to be when I was a kid watching the series... As lame as it sounds, but really... that'd be one hell of an easy disguise. A street light, on a huge city-covered mechanical planet... Sounded plausible to me as a kid, and still holds water today!

9. Delta Star

News Credits:
    Thanks! I have so much more of it too... I've been toying with the idea of setting up a website for it, but that would detract from my time to make more customs, and of course much-needed time for making stickers.

Any ideas out there? What's this "gallery" Redline mentioned?

And guys, why has nobody asked where I got the Frenzy and Rumble from? Isn't anyone curious? :)  There were no WST of these guys, no PVCs, and the decoy was %50 larger than these, not to mention they look terrible: http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0866/decoys/16.jpg

C'mon, somebody ask me about them :) 

10. Methusalen

News Credits:
    *clears throat*

Uhm, Delta? Where did you get the Rumble & Frenzy? Did you make them yourself? Hack apart K.O. figures? Make them out of "Shrinky-dinks"? Mold them from the hopes & dreams of little children?

Now that you mention it though, I am curious... :D 

11. Delta Star

News Credits:
    Well, since you asked... :D 

There are somewhat rare mini-decoys that surfaced out of Japan. Not sure when, but I obtained about a dozen a few years back. One of them was a Frenzy, and it had much cleaner, more accurate sculpting than the US decoy.

I searched for years for another to use for Rumble, and I did find more mini-decoys, but never a Frenzy. Seems the Frenzy is harder to find. I Even tried to get Ken from TransRepro to copy mine. Sent it to him and he said it couldn't be done - too soft to mold. He had it for about a year, and it was returned to me around the time of his disappearance.

I held on to it until recently when I decided to learn how to make molds myself, mainly for this one project. I cut my teeth a little on the Reflector project, and then learned enough to make molds of the face and chest of this decoy. I didn't like the arms, legs and guns of the decoy, so I re-made those myself from other toys. So there you have it... the two in this pic are casts of the one decoy I had, plus casts of the limbs I made myself :tongue: 

12. Methusalen

News Credits:
    While I was hoping for the 'shrinky dink' method to have been the winner of my question; it's neat to hear about how people go about making their customs, and what kind of effort went behind the project in the first place!

What's the original micro-decoylook like now? Did it clean up well enough to put up on the shelf near the other figures? Still no luck finding that Frenzy?

13. Delta Star

News Credits:
    Don't hate me, but it got destroyed in the process. I had to cut it up during a mid-way point when I had modified parts I wanted to connect to original parts for re-casting.

I glued most of it back together again though, but it's pretty much toast.

14. Methusalen

News Credits:
    LOL, there's no hate! (After all, it was your figure to do with as you pleased!

That's one thing about the kitbashing & repaint forums that I've always admired; the (almost always) complete ruin of one figure to make a new one... I admire all the custom jobs that I would never consider doing myself (all the expensive figures like Masterpiece Starscream & Masterpiece/20th Prime), due to lack of funds. I work my ass off, pay my bills, and don't have a lot of disposable income left afterwards (and being a TF fan/collector doesn't help that any!), so doing any of the big, expensive 'bashes would be out of the question to me... But to see others do it, wow... I'm in awe! I don't know what the total cost of this all was, but even if it's not that horribly expensive, it's projects like this one that keep me inspired to (ever so slowly) work on my own projects...

15. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

awesome!

nice work man.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Great work Delta! Those all look great :thumb 

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Reminds me of a digibash I did about a year or so ago! :lol