Micky Mouse Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 100% Mackem, Apr 13, 2009.

1. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Hi All, I thought I would post this thread as I stumbled across something wired - Has anyone purchased or going to purchase the Disney Takara Mickey Convoy Transformer ??? out of all the collections I've seen nobody seems to have it. It retails for about $80.00. It's not my cup of tea like.

2. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    You can get it for a little less than fifty on BBTS. I actually like it. I'm going to Disney World this summer and if they have any there for sale I will probably pick it up.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I missed out on that one :cry 
    But I don't want him enough to pay the markup + int'l shipping from the US. Oh well, I'll get over it eventually.

5. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    BBTS and TFSource are sold out of him, is there anyone in the states selling the color version?

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own both versions, and outside of just being cute and an interesting oddity in Transformers lore, I don't feel there's much incentive for the general TF fan to own one.

He's MUCH smaller than you think he'll be, and transformation (such as it is) is pretty limited. If one were a HUGE TF fan and HUGE Disney fan, I can see being excited about it; otherwise, the cost to value ratio isn't quite there.

7. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

I agree 100% with what your saying Ams. It is a very unusual figure, it wouldn't be worthwhile me buying it. We'll see if they release a Donald Duck version ?? ha ha.

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    You know, why haven't they made Speed Racer transformers? It would be cool to have a bot of the Shooting Star or the Mach 5.

9. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Because of copyrights and trademarks. Hasbro has toy rights with both Marvel and Star Wars resulting in the crossovers with those two while Tomy's had rights to Disney toys in Japan LONG before their merger with Takara. Speed Racer on the other hand is licensed to Mattel, Hasbro's chief rival.

10. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I see. Still, it would be pretty cool.

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, and I had him preordered, too. I took it off because I figured he wouldn't sell, and therefore go down to a more reasonable price. now it looks like he's gonna be super collectible, like the nike prime. gah!

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    SydneyY suggested to me that they may do a Donald as Megs!

I'd have to buy that :D 

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haha, don't know if they will make exactly that, but there should be next one. Mickey sold so well in Japan. A friend of mine grabbed one in a shop when she came across one someone had just cancelled their preorder. So lucky!

14. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Ha ha, a Donald Duck megs would be cool but where would it stop ??? A Daisy Duck Arcee ??? ha ha... :drunk 

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I got both in my collection. The blue/red one has been opened.

16. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's tiny about the size of a deluxe TF. A bunch of local retailers have it and I've seen prices from $50 to $60ish. The "transformation" is basically swinging the trailer over the cab and standing him up. Looks kind of cool but not that interesting. The Transformers Generation book that just came out has a lot of pics of him.

17. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

Two Free Mickeys

To those of you who regret missing your chance to get the Mickey Mouse Transformer, I thought I'd mention that there are two (one color, one B&W) of them available as prizes in the photo contest currently running over on shmax.com:

Shmax - Photo Contest

As of this writing, you would have to submit less than 30 photos to be guaranteed a Mickey. 150 photos would guarantee you both Mickeys and the Alternity Convoy. These numbers will of course evolve as the contest progresses, but it should give you some idea how things stand. Now come play!