Michigan Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ikado, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Target must be letting these just trickle out...I picked up a lone Rodimus from there on Tuesday. Really like that figure, by the way...'flaws' and all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

I’ll keep an eye out for ya too, haven’t had any luck anywhere though

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got a shipping notice today. It's currently saying delivery on the 27th-28th.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My astrotrain shipped as well.
    Delivery for 3/28

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gangu Stars

Gangu Stars Well-Known Member

Same. We're all getting an Astrotrain on the same day. ;) 

Does work for me if he comes then, I bought it for my nephew who I'll be babysitting the following week due to Easter break.

• Like Like x 2
  6. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk Rollin' to the Rescue! :)

News Credits:
    I'm seriously ticked off that TRU stores are flooded as people try to grab the best of what's there and hope for sales and whatnot but it's like "where have you been this whole time?" oh yeah...buying crap on amazon and complaining that TRU is too expensive or doesn't have good stock or whatever...but now that they are closing you can find some time to trot in there...really steams me up...

i worked for TRU for 3 years and have shopped there my whole life...I take my kids there and it's always a fun thing for them. now it's going away and a lot of people i know personally are going to be without work because of this and these stupid online ordering mf'ers are flocking to the store to pick the carcass they created...people suck.

• Like Like x 6
  7. RodimusConvoy13

RodimusConvoy13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All those people didn’t saddle TRU with 5.1 billion dollars of debt. That’s why TRU is going under. And yes, TRU was more expensive than a lot of other places. And it was few and far between when Ann Arbor would restock TFs if it wasn’t Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
  8. crispyklown

crispyklown Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just want to mention about tru closing, i work at southgate and 99% of customers i rang up were all using up gift cards, so im assuming the flood of people, for the most part, are all afraid of losing out on gift cards, a few that didnt buy anything asked where all the sales are, but it was mostly gift cards. I believe, from what i was told, is that liquidation starts wed the 22nd, it will probably start with a low percentage then gradually go up, as for tf sightings, southgate tru still has some potp wave 1 deluxes and 3 potp starscreams

• Like Like x 2
  9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    found Studio Series Optimus & Starscream at the Meijer on Haggerty Rd in Livonia.

10. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Vultures, all of them.

11. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Meijer definitely seems to be the hotspot for Studio Series Prime and Screamer, just saw both of them at Meijer on 26 and Van dyke. I grabbed the only two they had so nothing is left Studio Series wise for now, but they are definitely showing up.

I’ll be hunting a bit more because studio series is the first series I’ve been looking to collect in quite a while. Will definitely keep this thread updated

I don’t follow PoTP much, but both that Meijer as well as the Meijer by Great Lakes crossing are loaded with leader Primes and Rodimus, I had to hold back as they both looked really tempting.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    No Transformers of note but, I did find one of these finally

C628D089-43EA-4B5D-A138-C7DE8D2D4B64.jpeg

Only one they had too

13. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk Rollin' to the Rescue! :)

News Credits:
    I understand the debt thing and that's a tough road to go down. They shouldn't have gone private and taken on so much debt. They shouldn't have bought Kaybee and FAO and all those other things over the years...

And if more people had shopped over the years since they went private, they might have been able to pay that down. There's nothing left to do now, sadly. Still...being upset about it is all I got right now. I did all I could :( 

14. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

I might not be popular after this, but with TRU closing, nothing lasts forever. It's a fact of life. You can be sad, you can be mad, but life will go on. I sincerely wish everyone that is affected to come out better after going through this unfortunate circumstance.
    To phoenixhawk, vent away man! We're here for you and to anyone else. I worked at the Lakeside location years ago and loved every minute of it. There are still people who worked there that I knew back then. I get it, it sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

I broke down and picked up Studio Optimus from Meijer. He is suprisingly good! His truck mode ends up as a large Deluxe size, but for tme the cool transformation makes me not care so much.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MegaCepticon

Kroger, john r and 16 has a set of Wave 2 prime masters. Easter aisle with the pokemon ball legos. They are not pegged, just laid on a shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MegaCepticon

I'm not a legends guy, but I saw this and the black widow bike and was quite impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Really, really unlikely, but if anyone spots the TRU Marvel Legends Vision/Scarlet Witch two-pack on the shelves, please PM me ASAP. This is pretty unlikely I'm afraid, but still, putting it out there.

19. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

Anyone find a thundercracker yet?

20. Doc bot

Doc bot Well-Known Member

I’m curious whether the TRU warehouses will start to dump everything they have leftover to the stores as they get closer to closing. Will we see any rare old toys popping up for cheap?

Let’s hope that local stores like Meijer will pick up some of the slack regarding the lower volume lines the Walmarts and Targets don’t usually stock. I’m suspecting Hasbro will start to do direct online sales more aggressively. I was pretty suprised by how quick they sent out the Studio series TFs i recently ordered. Maybe that’s a sign of improved online service?