Michigan Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ikado, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Nobody anywhere yet.

Probably be at least 5 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bodyslam1975

Bodyslam1975 Member

Clinton twp Wal-Mart on 59 next to partridge creek mall has 4 tr overlord, 2 sixshots & 1 sky shadow. Only place I've seen overlord so far.

3. mrluthor

mrluthor Member

They are in stock in Canada at EBGames I saw 4 sets of the clones on Saturday at Devonshire Mall in Windsor, Ontario they were $26.98 Canadian. They have the Walgreens sticker on them too.

4. Scott8797

Scott8797 Well-Known Member

Damn I've been there plenty of times, looks like I'll be going once more

5. Scott8797

So I've been to big bens and there and back again toys, are there any other stores that sell older figures and collectibles?

6. RodimusConvoy13

RodimusConvoy13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's Time Travelers in Berkley. I haven't been there in years. They used to be a bit on the expensive side, but they had a ton of stuff.

7. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Part Time Reviewer

There's also Hero Time Comics and Wonder World's satellite location in Southgate as well as Wonder World's primary location in Taylor. The inventory for these places is pretty low but it's worth looking glancing at every few months. But one place I go to like every other week is the Taylor Town Trade Center, you never know what you're going to find as long as you're willing to search the place.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    right on with all that. Time travelers is weird. If you can get past the layers of dust, you may find something cool..but then they ask a fortune for things from my experience..Time travelers is more of a damn museum than a good to go, place to purchase, Like Big Bens is. I appreciate how clean and staffed Bens is.
    I went to TT about a year ago, and I seen the same exact shit I seen 5 years ago and so on. TT is more like a Museum.. I said I wasnt going back last time, when I took the family there. Now..not trying to be mean here..but from what I understand if you frequent TTs you KNOW this guy, but there was a down syndrome guy, that started talking to my son (I dont think he works there..just hangs out) about star wars Vs Ster Trek, and my son just loves blasters and ATATs n shit right? This guy starts freaking my son out, following us all around..trying to get my son to admit and say "star wars sucks and star trek is the best", at this point the dad in me goes full asshole, and tells him to GTF away from my son and my family..he started to apologize "Get the F Back MFer.." So maybe by me going off on him pissed off the guy behind the counter..I am kind of loud.
    Then My son seen a piece of shit old "B" wing (literally..missing tons of parts..they had 5 like it) and he grabbed it, as I always told him about how the cockpit would stay centered..so the 7 year old boy wanted to see that..this guy from behind the counter Barks at my boy to "Put that DOWN"..

So very loudly I said, "Lets get out of this shithole" As we walked out another patron said "I dont blame ya..he bothers me all the time"

I dont give a shit..That place is a dump. Thats what your dealing with when you go there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Gibalter trade center was good. It was where my shop was set up. New Baltimore trade center will/ should be open mid November. And it should be a good place to check out

10. Scott8797

What did you sell?

11. ionacus

Toys and comics mostly. Lots of tfs and marvel figures.

12. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Part Time Reviewer

That curly haired guy that's always there is a pain in the dick. When I first went there a few years ago, I loved it. Me and a buddy went there and had a great time scouring through all their stuff. I didn't buy anything but my buddy spent like $100 on Magic cards. I asked the guy if they bought toys and he was super nice and told me to just come back with the stuff and we can go from there. A week later me and that same buddy go back with a big box of transformers. I wasn't looking for top dollar for these, I mostly wanted to downsize my collection. So he had a Cybertron Optimus complete for $60 and an RiD 2001 Ultra Magnus that was missing his missiles and a few rubber wheels for $35. When I tell him all I want was those, he's like, "well kid, you don't really have much in here and eBay is showing that all of it isn't really worth more than $150." I had checked eBay's sold listings that morning and the box priced out to like $350. When I told him that he changed his tune, "Oh oh, my bad. But I cant let those guys go for that price anymore, those are old prices and you know, inflation. How about I take the box and you also give me $10?"

INFLATION?! $10?! REALLY?!

I know he's got to eat but quibbling with me over $10 freaking dollars. I told no and that I'm not even asking for half of what my box is worth so there's no way he's getting his $10. He sighs and just says fine and puts the toys I wanted in a bag and hands it to me.

I wasn't mad just annoyed, but I got mad when he tried to charge my friend almost double for a Jace card even though the price was on the card. I've only bought stuff there like three times and there's always something that makes it difficult, especially if the thing I was buying was older. And he's always arguing with someone every time I've gone in. Now I love a nerdy debate as much as the next guy but he's just so condescending about it.

I agree with Snake Eyes, it's a great museum and worth the trip to look but buying things there has never been a good time for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ionacus

Yea time travelers is not run very well. I remember I want to buy a bag neo stamps there but they wants $50. I told him to sod off and got stamps for like $5 + shipping on ebay

14. danynite

danynite Well-Known Member

Jackson Meijer by the mall has slugslinger.