Michigan TF Fan Meet Up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Megatron_X, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Megatron_X

Megatron_X Supreme Predacon Warlord

Anyone live in lower Michigan around the Genesee County area? Flint, Burton, Gran Blanc, Birch Run, etc. I was wondering who all would be up for a meeting to hang out and hold our own mini convention / get together.

In case some of you don't know me or haven't seen me post much I am the owner of PredaconEmpire.com

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I live in Michigan, albeit I'm in Washtenaw county, just a half hour away from Ann Arbor. But hey, as long as I have directions, I'd be glad to come up your way to hang out. Besides, I could try and get to know some fellow Michiganers who love Transformers.

3. Judgment Day

Judgment Day Energon Extractor No.533

No one lives in Detroit anymore? Remind me to get that crime rate down lol:

4. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
  5. Lock Cade

Heh, just this last summer somebody who lived in around the Detroit area stole a car and crashed it right through our fence -- he was so drunk, he smashed that car up and nearly got himself killed when a steel/iron fencing post went right through the windshield. So yeah... get that crime rate down, WAY down, and I'd be glad to move to Detroit.

6. Megatron_X

Yeah Flint isn't much better man. I used to live there but it's still about 20 minutes from Grand Blanc which is where I reside. Flint is full of the cop training for the rest of the state. There is so much crap going down there. Plus the school systems suck so bad you can cheat the system to pass high school.

I live around say fenton, flushing, flint, burton, flint township, mt morris.

Anywho anyone else interested in a possible hang out some time? I just think it'd be cool to get a group of TF fans together. I don't personally know any around here. LOL people that know me think I am weird for liking them.

Anything anyone would like to do/where to go, if/when this happens?

7. Lock Cade

I'll be sure to come! Just as long as I have directions to wherever it is we're going to hang out, that and the date and time. Be sure to try and make it a weekend thing, since I have classes twice a week at Washtenaw Community College, and generally if I'm going to hang out I'd prefer it be done on a weekend. Don't know what we could do if we manage to get together, but I'm sure we can come up with something. Let me know if/when such a meetup will happen, 'kay?

8. Megatron_X

Not a problem man, just looking to see if we can gain any additional fans to hang out with as well.

9. Lock Cade

I'm quite surprised nobody else has drop a line saying that they'd come... I thought there might be quite a few of us Michigan TF fans... oh well, give it some time.

10. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

I live in Allen Park, but I go and hang out with fastballspecial since he works at the Comic Box in Taylor on Eureka, and Maximus_Prime goes there too. Like to hear from more fans.

11. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

It's Comic Rox in Taylor on Eureka.

If you live in Allen Park you should check out Big Ben's Comix on your way home from Comic Rox, at least they carry TF's.

12. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

Yeah I don't know why I keep calling it Comic Box, when it's Rox. I keep catching myself saying that

13. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Hey. I'm in Allen Park myself. Didn't realize there was anymore of us here. And Big Ben's is my store of choice, just cause it's so close. I stop in to Comic Rox anytime I'm going to Southland. But I don't go to Southland much now that the Fairlane Green has Best Buy.

14. Killa-B-Killed

Yeah, Southland has definitely incurred some drastic changes over the years.

Big Bens was my spot to search for back issues when I was comic-crazy, good discounts if you're sociable as well.

Comic Rox, and Big Bens both carry a good variety of stock, I can usually catch a better deal at Bens because I've been dropping in there and shamelessly running my mouth FOREVER!

15. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One of these days I need to drive on over and check out your shop. Where exactly is it? Shoot me a pm with the address if you get a chance.

I've been meaning to stop by Bens shop and saying Hi anyways. I used to work at Time Travelers(Yes, I know....) a long time back and used to see ben all the time.

16. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm always at Big Bens.....I like to go thru the junk box for TF parts and such.....plus thats where I get my comics from...its closer to home for me...I have been to Comic Rox.....I've met Fastball Special and Maximus Prime....matter of fact, I saw them tonight at Wal*mart.....ShawnL7 has come over my house a couple of times too....

17. Killa-B-Killed

I don't buy comix much anymore, but I still stop in at Bens every now and again.

I can remember passing on the Pallisades Devi statue at Bens for $140.00.
    I am still kicking myself for that one.

dlatkow: Comic Rox is on the North side of Eureka, about a block East of Allen Rd.
    Big yellow sign with red lettering---can't miss it.

18. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, Time Travlers takes me way back. I remember Ben from his days at "Comics Oasis". I used to live in Detroit and would go to "Comics Plus" out in Dearborn. I have gotten great deals at Big Bens, Gary always hooks me up nicely. Plowking, we have probably seen each other there, where abouts do you live?

19. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably so.....!

I stay in Melvindale....and yeah, Gary is always saving stuff for me....great guy!

20. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I will try to swing over to the shop and say Hi.

I worked at T.T. for about 4 years somewhere around 93-97. That was a real fun place to work. And it was before Transformers became crazy in both price and popularity so I was able to amass quite a collection.
    Back then all people wanted were old stws, marvel figs and multicover-bagged-hologram-Foiled comic books.