Micheal bay thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cliff_prime, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Come on, I can't be the only one here who like bay
    the series has grossed over $1.5 billion dollars worldwide

Are you a bay fan?

Do you like Micheal version of transformers?

I know half of you won't see it on the opening day but still

Support bay here in the final film of the transformers franchise (will you support him)

(haters if you not gonna say somethimg nice don't post)

[​IMG]

2. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I must say I am a Bay fan, decent filmmaker, and although his films have had their ups and down, Im sure you know which ones I am talking about, his films make for interesting storytelling and interesting filmmaking. Im even at a point to where I have made peace with ROTF and taken it for what its worth even though it wasnt the greatest. He has his own style of storytelling much like Tarantino has his(Im just comparing that they have their own style, not saying that their films are the same:D  ). But yeah Bay is an interesting one behind the camera, I mean hell he was working his magic 30ft in front of me:) 

3. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just one simple sentence: Michael is a genius in the Sci-Fi-Action genre. :) 

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Bay is an genisu for transformers (i dont any Other tf contintuy can beat BAYFORMERS)

5. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Ive always enjoyed watching his movies. His movies are always great eye candy and have gorgeous and amazing visual effects.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bay is a great director- he knows style and action. While I may not sare his taste in robot designs... and he may not be interested in the most intelligent of scripts... he is still Da Man!!!

Get past hat lame-assed love triangle in Pearl Harbor, the attack was scenes were second to none! I don't think even Spielberg could have pulled it off in his prime.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I never really had anything against the guy. I barely knew who he was till he started doing Transformers.

I originally really liked were the first movie was going with it's own concept for transformers. I thought it was a fresh take. But after ROTF...It got hard to defend the guy.
    It's got to the point that you'll probably get less shit from people if you say you found an Uwe Boll film entertaining, then to say you like Micheal Bay movies.

I still dig some aspects from the films, but a lot of them actually have little to do with Bay, and more to do with the people working for him.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whether most love him or hate him..you have to give the guy and his team KUDOS!, they've given this forum (and others too) plenty to talk and whine about. Also, he loves to blow things up..gotta like that :bay 

As for the robot designs..I love Prime's design and most of the Autobots, hey I said most. The Decepticons for the most part..naaaahhhh--the alt-modes have been okay, but robot mode.. :( 

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's good at doing what he does.

Whether you like what he does, is an entirely different question.

10. darkunor

darkunor Banned

I'm certainly not the type that can appreciate good eye candy without any coherent and engaging storytelling of any kind so I guess you pretty much have an idea of what I think about this man and his movies!!!

But as one member on these boards was saying some time ago, had it not been for Bay and his less than interesting take on the transformers, there would not have been a renewed interest in the franchise and hence G1ers like myself won't be basking in the recent plethora of G1 goodness from hastak and third parties alike!

So here is to more movies from bay :popcorn  besides there is only one more left, I'm sure it will be revisited by a more capable director in the future, lol!

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I've been on Bay's side ever since I saw the first trailer to Transformers. There were many good parts to ROTF that I watch from time to time, and if this will be the final film, I'll support it once more.

Without Bay's artistic vision I don't think I would have ever continued fandom with TF franchise, he has totally given it the best touch anyone would have dared to attempt!:bowdown: 

Thank you Bay, thank you Industrial Light and Magic and Digital Domain, keep it rock'n! :music 

[​IMG]

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I enjoy his movies, some aren't very good, but his effects and action scenes never fail to impress.
    :bay :

13. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Are there any Micheal bay T-shirts we can wear on the opening day, I been a bay fan ever since he made the rock, Bay Boys 1 and 2, the island, armageddon ( which is mime personally favourite movie love space films)

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay is the best. He got that "fuck all retards I like big booms and cars" attitude that just makes him both irritating and hilarious.

Plus his lack of "past fanboy ism" for the franchise gave us what I believe some of the best designs, concepts and aethetics ever. I love the movie style and feel and I just wish we'd get more good comics out of that universe. Because as much as I love the characters and the action of the movies I also known that we don't get much depth out of them.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Michael Bay is a cool guy. Directing aside he seems like a very passionate man and has fun with what he does and has/can/will make light of himself. I really like what he's done with the TF movies as they greatly satisfy my lust for gratuitous giant robot violence and weird alien machine sci-fi concepts.

16. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Bay is a fantastic filmaker. Even Pearl Harbor, which is genuinely regarded as one of his worst, had some great moments, even though it could have been 45 minutes shorter. And films like The Island show he can make a film with a compelling story. Literally everything he's done I have liked, especially Armageddon. I would consider myself a film geek, but I'm certainly not a film elitest. I like to see stuff blow up and cars go fast as much as the next guy.

17. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

i suppose i liked the first one fairly well and while ROTF was ultimately a bit of a letdown (cough cough devastator cough) i still really dig the design for Sideswipe aside from him being silver not red and you got to love all the friggin action and the :bay  :bay  splosions

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    One of my choices in life is directing. If i do become a director I'd be trying to mirror michael's shooting style and epic ability at creating a good action scene. Granted he isn't the best at quiet information scenes but thats fine. In the end I like him because hes like a 30 year old teenagers who like to blow stuff up. :) 

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've never been a fan of Bay's work. His films just don't provide the sort of things I'm looking for in a film. Some of the action is really top notch but the characters just don't click with me and story telling just doesn't appeal to me.

I didn't like the Rock. Never really got into the Bad Boys series. I still haven't seen more than clips of Armageddon. And I just totally gave up on his films after Pearl Harbor. If his film wasn't called Transformers and Peter Cullen had not asked fans to give it a chance I likely wouldn't have seen it.

He's not totally unappealing as a director but it's kind of a specialized taste. It just happens that my taste don't run that way but it's not really his fault or my fault just that we have very different philosophies on what makes for an enjoyable film.

I kind of like though that we seem to be getting to the point where you can take the films or leave the films. There is less of that idea that we must all love the films or we must all hate the films. Like all things Transformers some fans will really enjoy it, some fans will not enjoy it, but Transformers will keep going on in new incarnations again and again.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Touch? Dare? Is that you, Stan Bush? ;)  *starts to hum the songs*

I'm not a "Michael Bay fan", per se, but I am a fan of his Transformers films, good parts and bad. In fact, the teaser trailer for Dark of the Moon was probably the most awesome, ballin', thrilling and chilling trailer I've ever seen. I was the most giddy with anticipation that I've ever been in my entire life (and that's *counting* the time I stood behind Chuck Norris on the escalator ;)  ). I love the action, designs, visual effects and overall appearance of them. He provides what I wanted in a live-action Transformers film: action, explosions, car chases, wild battles and robots beating the crap out of each other. Now, if he could just tone down the childish humour and transfer some human screentime to the 'Bots and 'Cons, I'd be a happy guy (but that's another story). I've never seen the Bad Boys films (I do want to, though), I enjoyed Pearl Harbor and Armageddon (action, visual effects, explosions=WIN), I've only seen the first 25 minutes of The Island (I want to finish it) and The Rock sounds intriguing. He's the action-man, and no one does it better than him. Action? Yes. Special and Visual Effects? Most definitely. Highbrow humour and decent eye for story? Not so much. But hey, it's not like I (or many of us for that matter) could do what he does. Nothing against the man, in fact, seeing as how many people think he's a douche, the more I hear about what he does (he likes animals, transported firemen and doctors to Haiti, etc.), the more I have respect for him. He's a big kid who enjoys his job and gets to play with the biggest toys all day long (something I yearn to do with a passion). He seems like the kind of guy who you could sit down with and talk about car chases and explosions for hours upon hours. You'd both sit there and make exploding sound effects and talk about what the coolest shots would be and whatnot. What a life.

And yes, thanks to ILM and DD for providing top-notch visual effects, something that no one in their right mind would argue the quality of in these films. :)