Micheal Bay talks TF4 in DOTM features

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 1, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i found this DOTM Video while trying to see if someone uploaded features for TF3 on youtube, and they talked about breifly about tf4 at the end of the video, i simply posting this for the talk of TF4 at the end of the video

Transformers DOTM Bless n' TF4 talk - YouTube

(i dunno if its allowed to post vids of special features, but i just wanted to post this for those who dont have blu-ray, if i cant post special features or clips of it then jsut close)

2. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sweet, nice post man! But yeah, although he admits the success, he moreso wants to/will pass it on to someone else. His desire to make another one and connection to these movies is great though...but after making the movies back to back to back, I could see why he'd want a break...here's hoping for the future of Transformers movies to continue.. regardless of the director..

3. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

They also mention that if there are more films they will need some reimagening which I hope means if they do another one they won't just crank out more of the same.

4. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Suprise suprise. I certainly liked what I heard here...

5. rocketpower24

rocketpower24 Member

you post my video ...nice ! i have more :) 

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given all the time, effort, and creative energy put into the films you can't really blame Micheal Bay for wanting to do other things. You don't really find directors who only want to do one franchise for their entire directing career. It's just something about the personality that it takes to be a director is also the type of personality that has to branch out and do other things.

I also noticed in this clip toward the end that the producer is now saying if we revisit then there will have to be a lot of remaining which doesn't sound exactly like a direct sequel if they can get everything in place for Transformers 4.

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I like that MBay and the rest of the crew have enjoyed working on these films, and are game for more. However, I think it’s fair they all move on beyond TFilms and start working on other projects; they can’t stick to the same franchise as people will eventually get bored of them and these films too need some new blood to keep it going.

Most of the cast I think will be secure: LaBeouf has proven himself in good films like A GUIDE TO RECOGNIZING YOUR SAINTS, SURF’S UP and WALL STREET 2; Duhamel can maybe go back to TV and Gibson to FAST & FURIOUS; Turturro, Dunn and White are still good at supporting roles in films.

Really, the only one I want to come back is Michael Bay himself – which he will as producer anyway. The man has secured himself a franchise and is not about to let go of it any time soon (like Bryan Singer with X-MEN). And besides, who else can handle giant robot battles the way he can?

But, I want to see Michael Bay do non-TF action; I’ve been pitching for him to do a DBZ film. He’s definitely done with TRANSFORMERS, as he made a conclusive end to his trilogy, and probably will not return to directing Part 4 unless there’s something good enough about it that he’ll handle the film personally (and I don’t mean more money!). But as I said, he’ll probably hang on as producer and oversee things – as he has said in an interview, this is his baby.

8. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

No one else can have Bumblebee...well maybe me.

9. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Michael Bay is going to be back for a transformers 4 and 5 calling it. He said hes open to past it on to someone else but also said ask me when my batteries are recharged.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good find, hopefully, the TF4 will be as good has TF3.

11. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I'm up for another film, but I would really like to see some new human characters instead of what we've had already. The same characters can get old after awhile.

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Prequel...?

I don't think a prequel is that far-fetched, since they seem to be pretty famous these days on Hollywood, even for Blockbusters [X-MEN is getting a prequel trilogy for God's sake].

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    ^Prequel? How? On Cybertron? Can't see it happening for the TFs, as much as I think it would be interesting.

Not saying it's impossible. I just don't see how they could do it. No humans would be involved, which seems to be a no go with the current directors and producers.

Prove me wrong Hollywood! Give the TFs a prequel series, so the Cons could be a menace again, and give Prime a reason for turning into the savage warrior he is. Could be interesting... if done right it could even help the current trilogy.

I've been saying it for awhile though... two words... Brad Bird! lol

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    At the least. Preferably better is my hoping.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

A prequel doesn't NEED to be in Cybertron, that's what people often fail to remember.

The fundation of SECTOR 7, The Seekers, Archibald Witwicky's voyage, Soundwave's endgame on the Cold War, all good room for prequels.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    ^How though? Idk, I'm just thinking realistically, XMen's prequels still uses 2 of the heavyweights (3 if you count Beast). Optimus and Megatron don't arrive (in Megatron's case wakeup) till 2007. I guess you could MAYBE try to play on how long Bee has been there, but do you seriously see Hasbro going into a movie without an Optimus Prime to market? Not to mention losing the sexy Camaro and having to use an old alt mode? A prequel for this series would require retcons to the point of 'why even be a prequel?'

A Transformers movie with only one or two villains and heros would be cool, but once again, I can't see Hasbro being cool with that. All the scenarios you offer give little room for any actual Transformers, save the Seekers.Even then, the conflict would have to be played out in an isolated scenario, or have Sector 7 have Men In Black powers.

The writing for the series is so inconsistent that it makes a prequel seem... farfetched.

17. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love vids like this. I hope Bay comes back for more. I'm talkin 3 more. A Transformers saga would just be sick.

18. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

I believe he said the same thing after ROTF that "he just needed a break from giant fighting robots". I'd like to see Bay work on the next ones as well...but I'm sure Spielberg could do the job, too.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm just not sure on the whole prequel idea because the really important bots don't show up on Earth until the first movie. Megatron was on ice so not exactly a compelling villain.

Hollywood is so weird with what the call things now anyway. Well it's a sequel but it's not a sequel and it's a reboot but it's not really a reboot. With so many franchises it's like they are scared they will turn people off by just going on but also scared to restart so lets call it something that will not upset anyone.

20. XxsnipersnakexX

XxsnipersnakexX the G1 prick

i suspect, we will see a reboot.

means new toys and more money for hasbro.