Micheal Bay Appreciation Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Come to think of it the move forum really is the Arkham Asylum of the boards....

I hope he NEVER gets shut down like the Animated forum was....just imagine the horrors of that....

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I thank Bay for bringing me back to this fandom.
    But, as far as everything else...I just don't like him. He is a terrible director, obsessed with explosions to the point he might as well worship them (The Holy Church of BOOM) and...just...he's terrible.

Also...
    ...I can't help but feel disturbed by these claims.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    If you really appreciated Michael Bay, you'd spell his freaking name right.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it rather appropriate that the Michael Bay appreciation topic has like 20 exclamation marks.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I second that! Well said

8. paxtoprime94

paxtoprime94 The Hero

THANK YOU MICHAEL BAY AND THANK YOU WHOEVER MADE THIS THREAD IT'S ABOUT TIME BAY GETS A LITTLE APPRECIATION INSTEAD OF HATE....Love the Transformers movies and everything about them. They have their imperfections but they will be my favorite movies for a long, long time.

And by the way, TF4 FOR 2014!!!! ROLL OUT!!!!
    :bay  :bowdown:  :rock 

9. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

I approve of this comment so much. They are also my favorite movies, both standalone and as a series.

Also, it's cool how you have my old sigpic. XD

Really makes me feel better when I see all the actual Bay appreciation that got into this thread. It's like all the Bay fans congregated in this topic, which really let me see that this forum hasn't actually plummeted into darkness.

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    To me, seeing all the appreciation to such a bad director makes me feel that it has.

If people think that the Bay Transformers movies are the best films ever, they either have seen very few movies or have very questionable taste.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You say that like it means something.

If we didn't have questionable taste, we wouldn't be Transformers fans in the first place.

What, you think Animated was adapted from a lost Hemingway manuscript or something? Beast Wars was written by JD Salinger under a pseudonym?

I am 99% sure neither one of those things are the case.

People accuse the Bay movies of being poorly-written mindless junk. Which, while true, doesn't mean the version of Transformers THEY love is somehow some eloquent and timeless masterpiece of modern fiction. Seriously, get over it. You like junk, too.

12. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    You're awesome at making sense.
    No, wait, you're not. That's completely irrelevant.

Liking Transformers could mean you have a variety of different tastes, wether it be comics, toys, video games, cartoons or movies. Liking Transformers doesn't call taste into question. Saying that the Transformers films are the best films ever does.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm saying if you really were some magical arbiter of good taste, you probably wouldn't be a Transformers fan of ANY kind, and thus would not be here.

Of course the TF movies aren't the best films ever created. But can you name all the great directors who are better than Bay and have worked on the franchise? Ummmmmm...

Right.

14. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Wait, so because no good directors have taken up the Transformers mantle, you most automatically except the crap that Bay has given us? That's not right.

You are allowed to want quality.

I can honestly say that most, if not all Transformer franchises, despite their flaws, have been better attempts then Bay's films at story-telling as well as entertainment.

EDIT: Wait! I lie. Beast Within and Kiss Players was 100% worse then any other part of Transformers fiction.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You can want whatever you like. What I'm saying is that given the franchise's track record since 1984, you are ridiculous and unrealistic to expect it.

You blast the Bay movies as if you have some golden OTHER version of Transformers to hold up against it. And you really don't. They are all junky in their own way. Of course our questionable tastes may tell us that one of the versions of TF we grew up with was actually High Art. But in reality, it is not so.

16. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    And... Why?
    With quality movies coming from comic book franchises recently including the Avengers saga, X:Men First Class and Dark Knight Trilogy it is easy to expect a quality film from a franchise with just an expansive and detailed universe. You are kidding yourself if you think that Transformers does not have the potential to make wonderful movies such as what you were given with the Avengers saga.

Actually, I didn't grow up with any Transformer franchise, I was introduced to it while ROTF was in the cinema.
    Don't ever think that I think the crap that Bay gave us is crap in comparison to the other TF franchises due to nostalgia because that is not so.

And no matter how you look at it, Bay's films (not the franchise, as comic and in some ways novel writers have actually managed to show that quality can be made from the film universe) are not nearly as good as most of the other Transformer franchises in terms of characters or stories which are the most important things when it comes to story-telling, no matter if its a film, or a cartoon, or a comic book.

17. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

[​IMG]

my first and last post in the movie forums

18. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This pretty some's up my thoughts about Bayformers films.

19. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I feel genuine sorrow for people like you who think that your OPINION is indisputable fact. Thinking these movies are good does not make an individual deluded or confused. And your 5-minute remark was a gross exaggeration. I truly resent the fact that you would subject people, like myself, to your negativity simply because a few Transformers popcorn flicks what weren't YOU wanted them to be. Would you like some cheese with your whine? I'm honestly offended that you would hold me in such low regard without even knowing me. I personally LOVED the movies. Not because I think they are quality films, but because I love the eye candy. Big, very realistic looking robots beating the sh*t out of each other = win. Can they be better? Of course. Will a future franchise be better? Possibly. Only time will tell. But I am NOT deluded, nor am I confused about the quality of these movies. Shame on you for being so judgemental.

Obviously the movies have their flaws, the most notable of which being that they don't focus on the actual Transformers as deep, meaningful characters enough. But with the 3rd movie alone taking in over a billion, you and your opinion are undeniably in the minority. Quit trolling, get over yourself, and let people enjoy what they want. We will be more than happy to do the same for you. Cheers!

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, since this is titled an 'Appreciation' thread I suppose I should at least try to find something actually a bit nice to say.

So... thank you for making a movie that made lots of money. I assume Hasbro is happy with whatever direct cash they got out of it and of course the massive piles of money they made from associated TF toy sales.

Thank you for making the Transformers name big to the general public again. Transformers as a brand wasn't ill or dying or dead, so you didn't 'save' or 'revive' it as some might blindly claim, but you have put the franchise back into a wider recognition that it hasn't seen since the old days. Whether I agree or not that BayFormers is the version that I'd want so heavily associated with the Transformers name for the general public is neither here or there. I just hope once BayFormers is over some of that momentum can be retained.

Also, thank you for always wanting to be better when it comes to the next TF movie, even if in actuality you regularly hit the ceiling of your talents and fail at that (in my personal opinion of course). Maybe the TF4th time will be the charm, eh?

And finally... thank you for making the TFW Movie Forum such a regularly interesting and entertaining place to be. It's like going to the zoo and watching the chimps throw their own shit at each other. And who doesn't find shit-slinging chimps endlessly fun to watch? :p 
    Happens to the best of us, mate. By which I mean it never happens to me. :p 

The thread title is indeed misleading though, especially when so many people only ever immediately reply to just the thread title and not to the actual content of the opening post. The OP should either edit his first post or ask the mods for a title change if he really wants to try and keep the movie forum chimps from both 'sides' tossing their toilet about.