Michaelbay.com: $50,000 Reward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MenasorMaster, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    That would be insanity. She'd be exposing herself to risk of an attack by some fanatical animal lover.
    Lol, though when I was 16 came close to drowning, and I remember there being a very warm feeling when I stopped struggling. Fortunately I got pulled out and CPR was done. Used to be a life guard, so I had lots of experience. :D 

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The reason I have a problem with this is that it may never end. The murderer is killed by the grieving family member, then the grieving family member may be killed by the murderers grieving family member and so on and so on. Even tho the original murderer was wrong, I can't say that in the spirit of eye for an eye it'd be wrong for the murderers family to retaliate.

3. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

Respect to Bay for going against animal cruelty

As for the girls apology I understand that it is better to end an animals suffering then to let it keep being in pain. But that does not excuse the fact that she recorded her throwing the puppies in a river and then uploaded it to the internet.

4. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

OK, guess an apology is in order, leadfoot and caeser.
    I wasn't aware that the girl in question was in eastern europe, I only heard the puppies squealing and didn't pay attention to anything else. Researching a little more I did come to find that eastern europe is like you said, although I'm not too sure about the area she's from though. Still, like foxfan said, why the need to record it and upload it? kinda hard to claim cultural norm there.
    Sorry about the dogfighting thing too, guess that's TV getting to me. I guess it would be more accurate to tie it to inner city culture rather than a specific race. I meant no offense.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

Yeah, I can't find the video, just a bunch of annoying whiny vegan emo kids pretending to cry about it. I definitely hate when people do stuff like this, but the holier-than-thou PETA death rage is usually ridiculously overblown and annoying. It's like that stupid video of the soldier throwing the puppy. I ended up feeling a lot worse for that guy and the crap that he took than I did for the dog. I'm not condoning animal cruelty, but people take things way too overboard sometimes.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It's all good, man. The perception you had that black people are behind dog fighting was something that a lot of prejudiced people created. But growing up in the poor rural south, I can assure you that dogfighting is just as lilly white as it is black. It's about impoverished cultures and restricted progress.

Your reaction to the puppies squealing is the same as mine, it's just a matter of trying to put it into perspective after that visceral reaction. You have to realise that not everybody grew up with the same relationship with animals we grew up with. That's the only thing that frustrates me about the mass media reaction to such things.

7. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

right, that's why I apologized. Looking back at the reply it did come off as a little prejudiced, although truth be told it was ignorance on my part. Even my wife knew the origins of dog fighting haha.
    As for the vid itself, I'm starting to see where people are coming from, but I still don't see the need to record and post it for the whole internet to see. It's like they're practically begging for media exposure.

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Lately I find the social-media reaction far more disturbing in the coverage of such matters. While the mass media is late in the game, social-media are first on the scene with the torches and pitchforks.

Often the people behind videos that go viral are a bit naive. They don't understand how they will be perceived by others. The girl in the video is something like 13 or 14. Just dumb kids.

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    anyone got a spare torch and pitchfork I can use?

10. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

Someone needs to post a video to fake out all these internet rage people and make them feel like idiots. Like, make a video where you rip off and eat a cat's "tail", only to follow it up and reveal that the cat was a Manx and the tail was a fake. I bet if someone did that, no one would believe that the cat was really a Manx and they'd get angry anyway... or else there would be internet rage spakred over the fact that someone made a Manx wear a fake tail just so it could be ripped off.

11. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

First off, big props to Bay.

Second off, while I understand the initial response of, "ZOMG, CRAZY B**** MUST DIE!!!1" I am glad that people are thinking in "three dimensions" about this matter, so to speak.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Go Bay!! :D 

13. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I'm glad that Michael Bay supports animal welfare. That woman deserves to be arrested.

14. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    4chan has all the information about her. Seriously.

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This girl should really fight Michael Vick to the death for the title of Animal Cruelty Champion.

Bay could be Shao Khan.

And we would call it Immoral Kombat.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would be cool if Bay stuck a pup in tf3 to salute the little ones lol
    A pretender pup, that throws evil bishes in rivers

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was going to say, the first people to find will be 4chan. Those guys show some serious detective skills better than some policemen I've encountered.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Michael Bay is a huge fan of dogs, so in a way it does not surprise me..but really, really cool.

Except, it would be cool, but we're talking about a girl drowning puppies here :( 

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

If I knew who shot the video & the woman throwing the puppies in the river i'd report it.
    because I really need that $50,000 dollars & it's the right humane thing to do/report.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits: