Michael Waltrip Lemans Ferrari's paint job kinda looks like Hot Rod...oh well

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mirage4lifeyo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mirage4lifeyo

mirage4lifeyo Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that in one of the old, leaked draft script of Transformers 2 that was one of the more credible and that Bay commented to the effect that it "was not a fan creation" thereby hinting it was a draft...was the first time a Ferrari alt mode Autobot was introduced, as a new, rogueish main character named Hot Rod. Obviously that draft script changed a ton but its interesting that by the third movie they finally pulled off an arrangement with Ferrari, but that of course wound up becoming Dino/Mirage.

I always think of Hot Rod's old school red/yellow/orange flames paint job as not being all that plausible for most cars unless its literally an old hot rod or just some cheesy flame job on a Ford Mustang or something. And though I can't necessarily say I'm a huge fan of the Waltrip car asthetically (ok more bluntly it looks like Ronald McDonald's sports car), there's no denying its a real life red race car with some big ol' bright yella flames like Hot Rod is inclined to sport...of course in the movieverse they don't have to (and generally almost staunchly refuse to) share much in common with the old school, but this is just for kicks anyway. the first image is an "AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia" and the 458 Italia is of course what wound up being used in Dark of the Moon...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Kind of, I guess...

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    In the sense that they're both red/yellow, I suppose.

But hey, sweet automobile, bro!

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

When you said Michael Waltrip I was expecting Nascar. Ah well.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I guess as long as it's red an yellow it's Hot Rod?

6. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

looks more like a hot dog to me.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, with the way the fandom seems to think certain characters "should" be, yes, many times it seems that colour is the only identifiable characteristic of a character. :rolleyes: 

8. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't see it

9. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Hahaha,good one!

As for looking like Hot Rod, it doesn't. An F-15ACTIV does look like Starscream,though.

10. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Might work for the Turbomaster Flame even more.

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/gallery/photo/Fleet/Small/EC97-44165-149.jpg

Is that Needlenose on the right side :)  [The F-16XL]

I like XL's I think they'd have made a great plane for a large Airforce on the cheap the big wing makes them great multirole planes and they seem ideal to sell for export to places like Saudi Arabia or Canada. Not to mention they'd probably be cheaper to build and maintain than a Eurofighter so the US could undercut that too. and not everyplace in the world can afford F-35s and in some respects then seem more useful than even the better versions of the F-18.

And the only issue with them is materials stress in the wings and most of those problems can now be solved with modern composites.

Not to mention that they can have those clever 3D nozzles fitted to them too. But perhaps another idea is to put an XL wing on an F-18 ?

But I guess everyones going to have much smaller Airforces these days and probably a lot more drones.