Michael Vick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkhawk79, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Well i guess everyone knows by now that Mike Vick is going to plead guilty but my question is why does everyone get so worked up over illegal dog fighting but yet a woman/man can get rapped, killed, or anything else that's against the law and yet you hear about it one time on the news and that's it. We've been hearing about Vick now for a month if not longer and everyone says how he should be banned from football and put in jail for the maximum sentence. Now let me just say that I don't agree with what Vick did and i do think he should get suspened, not banned, from football for 2 years and have to do some time and community service. I'm curious of what everyone else thinks about this matter.......b/c if he gets the full penalty and banned from football why not make an express lane for the death penalty for those that have rapped or killed another woman/man b/c, and I don't know if it's just me, but I think a woman/man's life is 100% more important then a dog. Espically a dog that is basically used and trained for fighting.

Now before everyone says I'm a dog hater let me just say that i like dogs but in no way shape of form do i think what Vick did is as bad as everyone else says.

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I think he's got jail time coming. Granted he'll probably go to Club Fed and not Federal Get Pounded In the Ass Prison, but if he goes away I think his football days are done. The Atlanta fans are done with him anyway after his little escapade at the end of the season when he flipped them all off.

3. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I think he's a grown man, and knows pretty well the consequences of his actions. What I don't get, though, is why did he need to run those illegal dogfights when money wasn't an issue for him, being a multi-millionaire and all? Bad influence? Bad entourage?
    Also, why does the NFL come down so hard on Michael Vick's wrongdoings? It's not like he had a drug/weapon ring, or raped or murdered people. Except lying to the league won't really help his cause.

*EDIT: Upon further investigation, I think he deserves severe punishment.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

There's a new sheriff in charge of the NFL now. Roger Godell is gonna make examples out people who paint a black eye on the sport. This is something that should have been done along time ago.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Im sorry, but this kind of thinking is fucking sick. It is not okay in today's world to have animals fight to the death for our amusement. What it is said that he did even goes beyond the fights themselves. He tortured and killed dogs for his own sick amusement. Its even more sick that in the eyes of the law, the allegations of the act of betting on the dog fights were worse than the animal cruelty itself. This man deserves to have his life ruined over this.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason it's on the news is because Michael Vick is famous. Even semi-known athletes such as the Duke Lacrosse team or Chris Benoit get coverage in mainstream news when they're in trouble, let alone a star player. Plus, the fact that the guy's richer than all getout, but still needs to raise, breed, and watch fighting dogs...why? As rich as he is, he should've been involved in some cooler banned sport, like dwarf tossing.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to be a huge Vick fan and I would watch his games any chance I got. But not after this. The man is sick. I hope he gets a permanent ban from the NFL. (Yeah I know it probably won't happen.)

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    charles barkley actually did that, thats why hes cool as all getout.

9. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Actually less than 60 years ago that was true, rape and burglary were crimes that were punishable up to and including the death sentence. Yes you are right a human's life is more valuable than that of an animal. There has been a shift in this country going on for decades and now its finally coming to the fore. I don't believe in torture/ abuse of a human or an animal and when it occurs its the most heinous. Basically what I am trying to say is that if a man can watch, partake in the destruction of another life there is something fundamentally wrong with that individual and in the end he needs to pay. ( this is a generalization) Is it upbringing? If you aren't taught to respect life in general, that every life is priceless, any life other than your own is viewed as worthless.

Vick is now going to lose it all but in the end the media loves to play on your emotions and sympathies. Pretty soon there will the Vick sympathizers but where is the empathy for these animals? The animals used to train these dogs and dogs themselves? And yes you are right where the hell is the empathy for the individual that has been kidnapped, raped, robbed, assaulted, and murdered? I don't know other than to tell you it seems as if Human Life has a really cheap price tag attached to it and that I believe is the crux of the problem.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Know what I think?
    Fuck Michael Vick. This sack of vomit tortured innocent animals, and has now admitted it.
    Let him rot, and screw his career.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

Yeah, sadly I was a fan too. On the football field he was fun to watch. Looks like he's not playing football again. I just can't understand why anyone would do what he did. How do you have fun in that? That's what he did in his spare time? Sick bastard. Hell, I can't understand why would you throw away your career in the NFL. Michael Vick just did.

12. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    I keep thinking back to all the trouble his brother, Marcus Vick, got into. I kept thinking, how does Marcus get into all this trouble, but Michael is so clean? Seems the apples don't fall far from each other. Thugz will always be Thugz. This is what happens when people of limited means and too much time on their hands have a windfall of riches. Bad things tend to happen. Thugz and millions of dollars seem to be a recipe for disaster. They seem to think that money will end all their problems, so they blow it in ridiculous ways, thinking the well will never run dry. Michael Vick went from being set for life, to being screwed for the rest of his life because of his disgusting hobby. His entire entourage ratted him out to save their own skins, no honor amongst theives. They hung him out to dry. Sure he participated in the depraved acts, but not on an everyday basis like the guys that lived on the property. Vick was busy playing football for 6 months out of the year. He deserves to be punished for it, but those guys should get the worst of it. Instead, they give the feds their pound of celebrity flesh so they can reduce their charges when they're more responsible for what happened there.

I applaud Roger Goodell and his plan to clean up the NFL. It's been a long time coming. His short track record shows he will not tolerate this type of crap, and Vick should bear the steepest suspension he's handed down so far. PacMan Jones and Tank Johnson didn't face FEDERAL charges, let alone be convicted of them. Vick will be gone from football for a long time, if not forever.

13. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Generally killing animals only comes out of necessity. You put a dog to sleep because it's dying a miserable death. You kill a chicken so you can eat. Even in 'recreational' hunting, when you kill a deer, it's done quickly, and there's value in the venison, hide, and antlers. Michael Vick financed an operation that purposely mutilates, tortures, and brutalizes dogs for the purposes of entertainment and gambling. That's not a necessity. It's sick. He spent millions to gamble on thousands. As one poster put it, he was set for life with the money he had coming from his playing contract and endorsements. Now he has nothing. He should get the same amount of mercy from the judge that he gave those dogs.