Michael Bell talks about TF movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Getter Eagle, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    "My ass fell, not my voice" :lolol  that's priceless!

3. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I like when he tells people not to see the movie unless he's in it, and then muses about losing his house in the lawsuit. I would go see it if he were in it! He's a comforting voice from my childhood.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    damn, he STILL sounds like prowl. and prowl had one of my favorite voices from the show.

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Man, he has one cool sense of humor.

"My ass fell, not my voice."

Honestly, if you've heard Frank Welker do Megatron it just doesn't sound the same. Michael Bell's character voices haven't changed one bit.

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great interview, nice to see Swoop's still alive in Michael Bell.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

That's because the Megatron voice was always run through a filter, to get thel sound on the cartoon.

"I can still do Swoop. And, I just gave myself a hernia doing it." :lol 

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I've seen pictures of the guy, but this video made me realize that this guy is OLD.

I suppose this is a testament to his voice ability: he can play any character today that he used to be able to. He voiced Guts, a 20-something soldier, in the Dreamcast game Berserk, and he actually sounded really young in the game too. (Actually, my favorite Michael Bell performance is as Guts in the Dreamcast Berserk game...too bad only 3 people have ever played it).

I also like that this guy has a pretty good sense of humor. "Don't watch this movie. Because I'm not in it." (or something to that effect).

9. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

Hey I own Berserk for the dreamcast (best system every) and i know at least 3 other people who also own it so i think at least 5 people have played it!

anyways, i LOVE the old voice actor's too, but even they wont be able to save a bad script ( and i fear thats the case )

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That''s it, I'm not seeing the New Movie `cause Michael Bell says so! :lol  :lol 

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Now that I thought about it, there might be hope for Michael Bell being in the sequel...

Unless I'm remembering wrong (and yes I've read the script) none of the characters in this movie used to be voiced by him anyway. Here's hoping Prowl shows up in Transformers 2.

12. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

I played it and loved it. I just wish they'd bring the 2004 PS2 game from Japan over here. Swinging around a 6' sword never gets old.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bell has always been a great guy. I've read/heard various interviews and he's always very entertaining, interesting, etc. I'd love it if TF2 has Prowl with his voice.

14. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

Seems he kinda wanted the film to be a lil more G1 accurate than what they are possibly making. Attorneys, yeah right, isnt that free speech? But if the, any of (his) character is not in the film, or the sequel, then I dont think he should be in it "just cause." But ya hes still "got it." But then again, how many orig voices are still around? Im sure this has been discussed many times over. Primes voices thru all series of cartoons still have that same "harmonic sound to them all" dont you think? I kinda do. duh, thats the point. whatever Im kinda famboozy right now. excuse my garbage. I dont want to delete it now taht I wrote all that.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Well considering actors generally don't sit around all day looking at forums for pictures from movies they aren't in (or are in), I don't think he knows what the movie looks like to know if its 'G1 accurate' or not. After all, Peter Cullen claims to not know what Prime looks like.

The reverb TFs have in cartoons is called flanging. That's why TF voices sound different when the actors do them without the benefit of flanging.

16. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

That Swoop voice just sounded great, painful, but great. And yeah, you can hear Prowl in there as soon as the guy opens his mouth. Thanks for the video link.