Michael Bay's Problem With 'Underweight' Megan Fox Sparked 'Transformers' Blowup

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cryptwire, May 26, 2010.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Michael Bay's Problem With 'Underweight' Megan Fox Sparked 'Transformers' Blowup - TheWrap.com

again, the current choice with rosie huntington-whitely doesn't make me enthusiastic. i don't think she has the star power or charisma to win over guys who just go to see this movie for megan fox. i would've preferred it if it was someone who already has established herself in Hollywood and has the star power to pull audiences and particularly high-hormoned males.

you know, maybe there is still hope that megan fox can be brought back... it just seems like some really stupid thing to fight over. just feed and encourage megan fox to eat some cheeseburgers and everyone is happy and at least the hype is already generated for Transformers 3 because of this situation...

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Megan Fox's acting was horrible though. Half the shots she was in she had this spaced out look on her face like shes constantly saying "Wheres my lip gloss. I WANT MY LIP GLOSS"

Besides in the last two shes just gotten so weird looking. I feel like if I touch her I'll get orange gunk on my finger.

3. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    Yeah... Watching Transformers 2007 now and Megan Fox in it. That was the Megan Fox who I fell in love with, not whoever it is now who looks like she has anorexia, or a drug-addict, or both and with tattoos all over her body when none existed before or during Transformers 2007 and before she was a big star! i want my real, and original Megan Fox back, the one who i fell in love with in 2007!

4. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'm still not exactly sure if Megan leaving is legit... but this could be a probable reason why she would leave. She hasn't been looking good lately, and Michael Bay had the same problem with her at the beginning of ROTF, only this time it's worse.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Guess she wouldn't agree to wash his ferarri again.

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I heard about that in the Toronto Sun. Sux but that's showbiz. Directors/Producers are always having actors/actresses change their body and hair when cast. It's a sad thing but it is common in that line of work.

Glad to finally hear a full reason though, now the speculation will stop.

jD001

7. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Looking pale and thin are not exactly the reasons she should be leaving the movie. Also the pale thing seems a little weird. I had always assumed they just used a spray tan with on her when when filming Transformers.

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I still think she's gone because of her shit attitude. And I'm completely happy with it! I watch the movies to see giant robots and big ass explosions. I could give a crap that she's gone personally...

9. ---The RAt

---The RAt Well-Known Member

she quit because she looked pale??? WTF can't they just photoshop that away? I mean they made her look like a damn oompaloompa in ROTF using photo filter software anyway. I just hope that Sam's new on screen chick isn't Mikela with a face lift (see Rodiey in Ironman 2) but rather is a new girl and for got sakes name her Carley. That would make me an exceptionally happy fanboy.

10. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    She's had tattoos for quite a while....

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I wanna meet the one guy in the world that goes see Transformers SOLELY for Megan Fox. Seriously, who is he?

I gotta kinda laugh at this. Megan Fox is a hottie, but she certainly isn't established and she certainly has little-to-no star power. If she had star power, every movie that she was in (besides Transformers) wouldn't have bombed at the box office.

12. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

It seems that the majority of the stuff I hear about this from a fan perspective is along the lines of "who cares?".

13. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    hmm.. not that i was aware of or at least i read or heard of before or during Transformers 2007. now she practically has tattoos all over her body (that marilyn monroe tramp stamp on her forearm, for one), her botox lips, the plastic surgery, the big head, before the attention whoring...... all of which never existed before.

so i'm wondering, where is this Megan Fox i fell in love with during Transformers 2007.

and you can't argue that she is a hell of a lot better-looking in this clip than in her present form:

YouTube - Megan Fox in Crimes of Fashion Scene 5

edit: yeah i think you're right though. i saw a video clip of Megan Fox during the Transformers 2007 premier and she has a tattoo on her right (or left) shoulder it seems. but still i don't think she had tattoos as much as she had now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i guess i shouldn't have said "established" but just someone who had "experience" with acting... at least prior to Transformers 2007, Megan Fox had been in a couple of acting gigs:

YouTube - Megan Fox in Crimes of Fashion Scene 5

but this rosie huntington whitely literally has none that i could find aside from flaunting her body on the runway, on magazines, and naked pics on the net. she's even far worse than Megan Fox imho!

15. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good on Bay for not encouraging people to be stick thing....but please at least choose someone with an ounce of talent, it'd make the world of difference.

16. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    imho Hasbro should start to step in, talk Megan Fox into getting back to Transformers 3, and also talk to Michael Bay into taking her back in before Michael Bay and Paramount can officially declare the new leading lady... i think with something as childish as this, cooler heads and adults should prevail. this is the third, and probably final, installment of at least the Michael Bay Transformers and it is a waste that at this last one, they decide to have their egos get the best of them. let the girl work, Megan Fox should cooperate and work, and everybody will be happy.

17. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yep, going for more of a real world weight instead of that Hollywood way too thin look would be a good thing.

Heck even the idea of giving some new talent a shot at the big time isn't a bad thing.

Just wish in this hunt for someone new that the priority would have been on someone with a talent other than just looking pretty. There has to be some young talented female actors out there in Hollywood so why not go for the talent and then hot will follow. I mean how many geeks had a thing for Kaylee on Firefly with the down play on her looks.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

So that's what the deal was... Michael Bay was displeased with Megan Fox's appearance, and so she stormed off the set, saying she quit, over the way she is told how she should look?

I understand that it's a common practice in show biz, but this is just ridiculous.

I see that according to the article Shia is definitely not happy with Megan being replaced by a model with no acting experience. If it is true that this model will be replacing Megan, I'm definitely not going to be too happy about it. If they're going to replace Megan at all, they should get a real actress who meets Bay's beauty standards and can act.

20. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    how about Heidi Montag?

YouTube - Heidi Montag -Rehearsing For Michael Bay Audition TRANSFORMERS 3
    YouTube - Heidi Montag in Combat Training to Get Michael Bay's Attention for Transformers
    YouTube - Heidi Montag Wants Megan Fox's Transformers Role

you know this girl seems determined enough to be in the third Bay Transformers. unlike the current leading candidate with absolutely no acting experience whatsoever other than displaying her body and strutting on the runway, at least Heidi Montag has the looks, the determination, the dedication, the hotness, and at least did some acting gigs... if Bay is just going for the looks, Montag has it, plus the bonus of determination and dedication in actually wishing to be able to be a part of the franchise. if i were Bay, i would say why not and give her a chance. you know if someone is determined and dedicated to get into something he/she likes to do, that person could only give out her best. i would seriously consider her. i say why not? Heidi Montag just seems to be the mirror image of Megan Fox, only that Montag seems to have the dedication and determination and blonde and hopefully minus the quirkiness and the divaness (if she is really seriously determined, she'll do her best not to screw up and try to cooperate and work well with others and just do a great job). i say give her a chance.