Michael Bay's explanation on why Mikaela is gone

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by werepolarbear, Jun 2, 2010.

1. werepolarbear

werepolarbear Well-Known Member

How bad will Mikaela's death be.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Who says Mikaela's gone?

3. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a comment by Nelson that she'd go the way of Barricade..... which people have taken to mean she'll just vanish without much of a trace....

4. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

As we all well know judging by the two previous plot hole filled movies, no mention at all about who Mikayla was, just like she never existed. Oh but there will be explosions.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I bet they will make a CGI version of her and then Megatron shoots her and the end of her...

6. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Which is what really matters. :p 

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why kill her off? All he would need is a throwaway line about how "it didn't work out. Long terms relationships don't work."

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Sounds like usual Transformers stuff to me ;) 

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say she is inside a taxi cab thinking it is a normal one then all of the sudden the taxi driver is only a hologram and the decepticon transforms with her inside therefore crushing her to death.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    'Sam, where is Mikaela?'
    'Who?'

There. I solved it. Everybody carries on as if nothing happened.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, all Sam has to do is just briefly mention that things didn't work out between him and Mikaela, and that's it.

12. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

No offense but that's kind of weak. Why would Sam and Mikaela just lightly brush each other off like normal teens after the whole "saving the world and discovering aliens together" thing?

And does anyone else remember the "death" scene and they screamed "I love you" at each other? You don't just leave each other like that!

I say that she gets killed and Sam is devastated. He doesn't want to even think about other girls at the time but this new Rosie girl comes along and innocently gets dragged into the conflict and Sam does what he can to protect her from what happened to Mikaela because of the hurt. At the end of the day, they fall for each other and Sam learns to move along.

13. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    OR.... a line from one of the Autobots apologizing to Sam for bringing the war to his life and that Mikaela's death will not go without reaction. Just as simple, AND it would at least allow us to believe that Mikaela's "I love you, I need you.." speech was at east SOMETHING that carries weight rather than High School hormone crap.

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a very quick break up explanation, that would be perfectly acceptable, if not for the fact that half of ROTF was used for their whining over who would say "I love you" and spewing ridiculous reasons why they WOULDN'T break up.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I really hope the character is dead, whether it's shown or just talked about. They spent too much time on that relationship that could have been used on TFs to just throw it away with a random line of dialogue.

For the record, though, a random line of dialogue is exactly what I'm expecting.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^ I like the way you're going with this explanation. ;) 
    Straight to the point! :D 

17. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I agree.
    Sam and Mikeala had more than just a "high school relationship" going on. If they are going to treat it seriously, they're going to have to come up with a better way to explain Mikeala's absence from TF3 than just say "It didn't work out".
    Sadly though, I kind of see them taking the easy way out as far as Mikeala goes for TF3.

18. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I would be disappointed if all they do is a line of dialogue. I share the view that it would be weak after all the two went through in the first couple movies.

I agree with everything you said, and your idea is one of my favorites. I'd have her killed by a Decepticon while on a car or motorcycle on her way to meet Sam/Autobots/whatever. Just use a stunt double or something from afar and make it clear that she's dead. Sam is devastated and Rosie becomes a partner of his, rather than love interest until the end of the movie. For me, that would work great.

Somehow, I doubt that would happen. Bay wont care much about how just mentioning a break-up would affect the plot, and he's probably already planned how he'll showcase Rosie's body. I'm hoping that she'll have some good lines and action scenes that will define her as an important and in-depth character, but I'm seeing more of a model with no acting experience picked as a pretty face. Maybe I'll be wrong...

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    yup, exactly.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They need to just use the new actress as the same character. It's the lesser of two evils. If they do some throwaway "oh she left me, boy it sucks" like at the beginning of The Karate Kid part II...and III (lawl), it'll feel like such a cop out and waste all the time spent with Mikaela on screen in the first two. There's so much human shit already, why do we need yet another all new character to introduce, with an all new romance subplot in tow? Just recasting is the way to go.