Michael Bay...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Codimus Prime, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Runner up for Most Dysfunctional Director!

I know he didn't win but...

I found this article on IMDB.
    Go here for the entire article on Hollywoods Biggest Hacks.
    http://www.radaronline.com/features/2006/09/hollywood_poll.php

2. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    To be honest, I'm kinda not surprised. I always knew Michael Bay was f'ed up before, but this...this is gold right here. SOLID proof of him being a TOTAL dick. Even more of a dick than Optimus Prime.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh yes, he's soooo wrong for WANTING PEOPLE TO DO WHAT THEY ARE BEING PAID FOR. There are a LOT of jackass directors in Hollywood (Hitchcock was one of them), but can you really blame them?

4. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I'm not about to get into an argument over whether or not Michael Bay's a dick; however, there's another portion of the page where Mr. Bay is mentioned. I'll post it here for the sake of thoroughness.

Under the "Most Likely to make an Actor Cry"
    Mr. Bay is also given an "Honorable Mention" for the category of "Biggest Hack".

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

The only good movie that Bay did was "The Rock". He is a douche, no doubt about it. I can tell you this: a lot of my friends that work in the industry, just hear Bay's name and they get chills down the spine.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Bay is not taking it far enough, I won't be impressed until he craps on a plate, shows it to an actor and says, "THIS is what your acting is!!!"

7. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

The guy doesn't get off a bad rap !! I wonder if Spielberg thinks he got it right in selecting Bay for the job as director for THIS movie ?!.

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I cant wait for the poop thing either.

what exactly does a producer do? because he has been involved with some awesome movies. texas chain saw remake. AWESOME!

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I still think Spielberg choose him not only because he sees a diamond-in-the-rough (of course it's a lot HARDER to make that diamond shine, in Bay's case), but also because he delivers some of the best action scenes in Hollywood. And you just KNOW he'll be at the top of his game with Transformers.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I loved this movie, why he never managed to make a better flick beyond this one is still beyond me.

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Oh well, at least it was fun to read. I'm not saying that Bay's beharvious is funny, he is an ass and he shouldn't act like that but what can we do?

12. IACON

You and me both. That is why at first I was so excited when they got Bay to direct "Transformers". But now, after all the stuff that surfaced up I understoond that Bay is not the good chioce for this film.
    The reason why Spielberg chose Bay may not be known, but I'll put my money on the inside politics that goes inside the studios. It could be that the guys that are the share holders and the guys that put their money on this film, told Spielberg that if he does not take Bay as the director, they won't put their money on the production line. But who can know for sure...

13. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

So Bay is an a-hole... so is half the fandome should identify. No problem there.

However, Bay is a success. Say what you will, he does deliver on action, explosions, and VFX. Regardless of what you think of the BayFormers designs, you know full and well that the film will deliver on the eye candy.

For the most part, I like the Bay films I have seen. I just take them with a grain of salt... except Pearl Harbor. The actual attack was phenominal and emotional... what bothered me was this ultra-historical and pivotal event in U.S. History getting in the way of this boring and predictable love triangle.

I own the Director Cuts of Pearl Harbor and Armageddon.

WAL

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    True. XD

15. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

I work at an animation company as an Animation Lead/Supervisor and sometimes people just do NOT listen to the creative direction you are trying to give to them. They're inexperienced, but they think they know it all, when you know different. The only way to get through to these types of people is to take them aside and let them know they are doing something completely wrong and they have a lot to learn so "PAY ATTENTION TO MY DAMN REVISIONS YOU FUCKERS!!!" <<<--- Of course you don't say it like that........ However, taking them aside usually doesn't fix the problem, they will continue to do things their erroneous way. You have to show them it's making you angry, and get your Project Director to give them a firm talking to, because than they will stop thinking they know-it-all.

The way I see it... If it's a challange getting people to do things the right way in a simple animation project with only people in their early 20s, not high on themselves-rich ass actors, I can easily see how Bay may have to loose his temper in shedding the creative light on any subordinate/actor when trying to make a fucking multi-million dollar movie! It's a lot of fucking stress... This doesn't surprise me at all, nor does it reflect on his film making abilities.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Indeed.

17. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Bay might be a complete tool in real life, I don’t know I never met him. My take on this is on a movie set directors are like the manager at any other job, and every one hates there boss.

18. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

y' know, reading AICN's interview with Shia LaBouf, the kid says nothing but good 'bout Bay.

WAL

19. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Uh, I thank ILM, and speilberg for this movie, not bay.

20. IACON

What did you expect ?!? That he would slander his boss all over the internet ?