Michael Bay won't Listen to fans for the Sequel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Why should he? He's made all the money...much more than expected and the humour that he put in was found funny by man non-fans. In short, the non-fans enjoyed the movie. So, Bay will now think that it was due to HIS vision that it made all the money. So all you guys putting in all your suggestions for a sequel will fall on deaf ears. We will be seeing more human screentime and heroism and unfortunately...more of Megan Fox's "great" acting.

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    If I was the director of Transformers I wouldn't listen to fans either.

As a fan of Transformers I don't even listen to fans.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wouldn't listen to us either. We can't even decide what color Frenzy and Rumble are, and people are supposed to do what we say for a multi million dollar motion picture?

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Any time a producer 'listens to the fans,' the project invariably winds up total shit.

I said as much to Don Murphy when he was at Transformerscon. Don't listen to the fans, just make a good movie.

5. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

ROFL ...Bay pulled off adding elements for the Geewunners as well as the Transformerly inept... he did this MUCH better than I would have ever given him credit for. I expect the same for the second movie as well I dont think anyone can read Bays mind... I expect to see a delicate balance however, between the new and the old.

6. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Best post ever.

7. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Why isn't he banned yet? All he does is make movie-bashing/Bay-bashing/Megan Fox-bashing threads. In the movie forum no less, he's basically trolling.

8. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

He definatly should. Bay side steped some horrible choices because of our out cries. Not to mention Cullen would have never been even considered for the role of Prime if not for us. I do give him credit for some of the directions he went that didn't seem like good ideas at all, but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed and I think it's import that he listen to us when he does cross them.

Fans are a pain to deal with, but every free resource has some kind of price attached to it.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Is this thread based on any fact, a link to a quote or is it pure speculation? What is up today? Is there something in the internet?

10. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Look lets get this out of the way! It was a great film! But it had its flaws! They had 4 flesh creature parts in the movie! They focused 2/4 of the flesh creatures parts that had absolutely nothing to do with the film(although A. Anderson made them enjoyable!, Sector who?). That was basically less screentime for the Decepticons and Autobots! I mean last I heard its called the "Transformers" not "Robot Alien Invasion", oh and a the humans were way too involved in the fight sceens with the Transformers it kinda made them less threating! But if you overlook that part it was a really good take on the Transformers. I mean I can't believe people wan'ted Megatron to be gun in the movie :sly: . I think fans (basically G1 fans) get alittle picky and pardon my French very BITCHY about what they want in the film. I mean Michael Bay directed one of the best action films of all-time! I don't wan't another director just for that reason, but they need to focus more on the Transformers (80% Autobots and Decepticons) story in the next film. And he can do that.......in his own way!

11. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm officially stealing you for my sig. :lol 

12. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I really wonder though, what the background story could be. There is only one thing I could ask of them to put into the movie.

[​IMG]

Rickey Henderson! j/k

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh for GOD'S sake, not again.
    I am a fan.
    I enjoyed the movie.
    YOU do not speak for ME.
    Someone please jog his needle; it's been stuck in the same groove for God knows how long.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I figure, bigger budget+already established idea and characters= more robot screen time for the sequel.

15. Godzilla2

Thats what I was thinking! Just please bring back everbody, Blackout............ my good friend:cry :rip !

16. JinraiPrime

I think 2 will be more focused on the conflict between the two factions, the first movie just tied the humans in and gave the audience a reason why they were all there in the first place.

17. Godzilla2

Hope so! I think they will! But come on Sabot rounds aren't shit when fighting Transformers.

18. JinraiPrime

Blackout at the beginning of the movie, was the baddest bot on the planet at that time... that scene is forever stuck in my memory lol.. Why he didnt mete out that type of destruction in the street is beyond me. Just having him taken out the way he was made me angry lol.

19. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I can already tell you the format of the movie, its gonna have an opening scene like the first one establishing the overall plot. Then its gonna dive in to the subplots for the first half of the movie. And then boom action begins on a mass level and will attempt to continue until the very end where magically every loose end is gonna get tied up real quick. Except for editing issues like Barricade and Scorponok.

Oh yeah, there will also have to be another two people to introduce to develop a romantic relationship during the giant robot war movie, because no giant robot war movie is complete without two fleshlings falling in love. Maybe this movie, Miles will get a girl.

20. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I have faith in him making a good movie with no input from us what soever