Michael Bay Transformers Movie Trilogy Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yep, there was a thread before… but it’s high time we reboot it, just like what Michael Bay did to the Transformers Franchise.

It’s not easy rebooting a franchise which started back in mid 80s and not to mention based on children’s toys. But Michael Bay did the best job he can do to take Transformers to become one of the biggest franchises since Star Wars. Darn-tootin’ he did… Don’t believe me? Ask Hasbro.

Personally, Michael Bay’s Transformers Live Action Movies got the attention of this young lad from a small (yet, beautiful) country called Sri Lanka. I’ve only watched one or two G1 episodes and enjoyed Beast Wars series back when I was tiny. Let me tell you… I found my way here and met awesome Transformers Fans all thanks to Michael Bay.

Sure, people argue saying “anybody else could have done a TF movie and it’ll be successful as this”. But do think for a moment… It wasn’t anybody else… it was Michael Bay who got the chance and he told the world about this Brand which was at the moment slowly being forgotten over the course of time. He showed the world how awesome Transformers is. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee became household names. There is only ONE Chevrolet Camaro in Sri Lanka… but every time we see it there is always a little kid shouting “Look mom, it’s Bumblebee!” That example alone is enough to describe the impact Transformers had done across the world and it’s all thanks to Michael Bay.

[​IMG]

The above chart illustrates Google’s estimated popularity of the term “Transformers” (recreate the search here). That’s what Michael Bay did to the franchise! It was because of him we enjoyed Transformers: Animated. It is because of him we enjoy Transformers: Prime. It is because of him we are getting all these cool toys, whether they are Movie or not.

This thread is to say “Thank You!” I’m making this kind request… not as a News Staff Member, not as a Moderator… but as a Transformers Fan… Say a nice kind word about the “Michael Bay Transformers Live Action Movie Trilogy”. It’s not right to say bad things about Michael Bay and argue with members on this thread. This is to say “Thank You, Michael Bay! This is our way of thanking you for the service you did to the franchise!

Enjoy Michael Bay’s Transformers Hall Of Fame Induction Video again and leave your thanks below…

As my post comes to an end and as the 3rd Transformers Movie debuts, somewhere on earth, Optimus Prime tapped on Harry Potter’s shoulder and said “You just got served!”

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first film brought me back into Transformers. Without it I wouldn't be collecting, or be on this sight. Thank you Michael bay for bringing back something I loved as a kid (the Armada days) and making it even more awesome! It's been an amazing ride with the first two and I hope the third is the best of the three!

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Thank you Micheal Bay, for bringing people's childhoods to life, giving us one of the greatest trilogy's and sci-fi adventures if all time, and most of all, putting the spark back in Transformers (pun intended), and breathing life back into the franchise.

4. Helix326

Helix326 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When I was a kid never in my life I would have ever thought it would have been possible to put it on film. It was great to see a fighter jet transform into a Robot!

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

*Applauds* Well said, NIBMRatchet.

I, too, must thank Michael Bay for giving us such an awesome new take on the Transformers franchise. It was because of the first movie that I became as crazily obsessed with Transformers as I am today. Even to this day, every single time I listen to Steve Jablonsky's score from the 07 Movie or watch the 07 Movie on DVD, I'm instantly swept back to that summer when it was in theaters and how blown away I was.

I must admit that I felt disappointed with the way ROTF turned out, all mostly because I felt that it didn't have the same feel and essence as the first movie. I felt that Bay and crew should have taken their time in making ROTF a good film instead of rushing right through the writing and making of it. However, there are some good moments in ROTF that I enjoyed... and I especially can't wait to see DOTM, hoping that it will be as awesome as it sounds and that it will recapture the same feel and essence of the 07 Movie.

So thank you, Michael Bay. Thank you for making what I feel is the most awesome take on the Transformers franchise. I'll be really sad once your movie trilogy comes to a complete end. I'm sure there will be a reboot in the near future, and that it might be just as good -- if not better -- as your take on the franchise, but to me your movie trilogy will always be ranked #1 on my list.

6. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. We as collectors, we owe alot to Micheal Bay. Without him, we probally wouldnt have even gotten classics or anything like that. Heck, for all we know, the brand could have died out.

7. risingmegatron

risingmegatron Destiny

News Credits:
    Thank you Michael Bay, for bringing me to know of Transformers, and without Michael Bay, I would have never watched G1, Animated, Prime, and I would have never decided to join TFW2005. the great community. I would have never known Xbox. Halo. All my friends on Xbox Live. Without Michael Bay's Movie Trilogy, I would have been a completely different person. Thank you, for making me who I am.

8. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    I'm starting to come over all emotional. It's the end of an era. These films have made my last 4 years that little bit more magical, and I hope that the third film in the trilogy lives up to its high expectations. Bring on June 28th, and thank you Michael Bay - Optimus Prime would be proud.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Screw the nay-sayers. While RotF may not have lived up to expectations both movies were a blast to watch. Not only that but the way CG was utilized in these movies is awe-inspiring and some of the best we've seen in recent cinema. Right up there with Iron Man and other ILM works. Also, it's thanks to these movies that the franchise has blossomed into what it is now.

So thank you Michael Bay, thank you Steven Spielberg, thank you ILM and thank you cast and crew for doing an acceptable job and cementing yourself in the franchise's history from here on.

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    The movies were actually a lot better than I expected them to be, and it was fun to finally see a Transformers movie.

Very glad I'll be able to see DOTM in a theater instead of on a pirated DVD in Iraq (like I did with the last two).

11. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Nicely said, NIBMRatchet :thumbs2: 

Thank you Micheal Bay for reigniting my love for Transformers again. It is because of you that I am a hardcore fan once more. The years 2007, 2009 and 2011 have been great knowing that I had something as awesome as your movies to look forward to. In a lot of ways they are like magic to me. Seeing something that I grew up with literally TRANSFORM into something so much bigger is simply amazing to me. The movies may have had their problems here and there, but you did the best you could. I could write forever on this but I'm just going to end it off here. Thanks again for the great memories and experiences that you franchise has brought me. Can't wait to see DOTM in a week!

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay ​

12. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Thanks Michael Bay without you Transformers won't be the same, you have made Transformers mainstream. Transformers has always been big but he made it bigger than ever and one could argue over the quality of the movies(btw I love them) but without him we wouldn't have three awesome movies. Like my fellow members in this forum I say bring on june 28:th.

13. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was brought to this site thanks to these movies. I would never have grown to love this mythos if I hadn't seen the Transformers movie on DVD in 2008. I love the movies, flaws and all because they're still big, loud, fun, and visually breath taking. They've really made these last three years great for me, and the memories that have been made thanks to Transformers could never be replaced.

Thank you Michael Bay, I don't know where I'd be without you and your team. :)  Can't wait for Dark of the Moon!

14. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right on, man! Excellent idea.
    Loved your story about the lone Camero in Sri Lanka. Heck, I feel like that little kid every time I see a Camero here in the States!

15. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Someone called these movies "smashy robot fun" and that's what they are. I've really enjoyed the first two and I expect to vibrate in my seat in anticipation at 8:59 p.m. on the 28th.

I'm in awe at the artistic aspects of creating these characters. I was literally in awe when Optimus transformed on the screen in 2007. All the 'bots looked amazing. It was a childhood dream come true. That awe was inspired by talented artists and people with very high standards.

Thanks for giving me several hours of enjoyment, Michael Bay. And thanks for rekindling my interest in these characters. It's been so much fun.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    If for nothing else, I appreciate the success that came with the movies since I'm pretty sure it helped green light or at least more easily justify other series & sub-series that I care more about: Classics, Animated, Masterpieces, Robot Heroes and all sorts of other G1 related goodness we either probably would not have gotten otherwise or would have gotten in much more limited doses. Also very appreciative that the movies helped relaunch Cullen & Welker into the TF franchise again via the movies themselves, video games and the new Prime series, and for the incredible film scores that Steve Jablonsky has given us.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

This for me as well. Though I have surrendered to the truth that the films are crap, for better or worse they have been popular. And when the 2007 one hit, it brought me back into the franchise, after the Unicron Trilogy all but killed it for me.

And as much as people will always argue the fact of the movie designs being anything but good, I still kind of like some of them.

When you were a kid? :lol  Oh wow...I'm old...

18. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

Even though my favorite character, Starscream, was never portrayed quite right...great job!!! There is pretty much no one else that could have done so well on movies about Transformers.

You brought alot of new lore and expanded on minor Cybertronians like Barricade and Blackout! Since Transformers has met the big screen, there has been a rush of artictic inspiration in everyone that saw these films!
    The robots are awesome looking and their fights are fantastic!
    Camera angles and scenes are very well done!
    Just the overall style of the films from the layback comedy to hazardous battlefield under a sunny day just makes a fantastic summer movie!

Thank You Michael Bay. "We are in your Debt."

19. casabonita

casabonita Autobot

News Credits:
    Thank you Michael for the dope movies and doing your thing.

20. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    July 9th, 2006 was the day that started it all for...

YouTube - ‪Transformers teaser‬‏

As this began to play on the screen, my head was filled with confusion. Was this to be just some cheesey film that I'd never consider seeing, whether it be in theatres or on DVD. But it wasn't until the very end when the screen pulled back from Earth and gave the name of something from my past that I had long forgotten: Transformers.

I waited year since that day for TF1 to be released. And when I finally saw it, words could not express how I felt. I was seeing my childhood be reborn right in front of me. Seeing the great Autobot/Decepticon Civil War act out on the big screen, as if it were real life.