Michael Bay Transformers Movie Series Farewell Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 10, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Now, If I don’t open this thread then it’s “shame on me”, because Transformers Live Action Movie Franchise is the series which opened my world to the Transformers’ world. Today, Mr. Michael Bay announced the ending of the current Transformers Movie Series. The trilogy ends and a new series is to begin. This is a farewell thread to show our gratitude. Share your memories of the series.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I was born in the late 80s which means, I was not exposed to the G1. I did watch it and got exposed to the Beast Era as well. But the Transformers Series I was really opened to was Michael Bay’s Transformers. This changed my life a lot. I was a boy who didn’t have anything to follow after the Harry Potter series ended and Discovering (rediscovering) Transformers back in 2006 (or sometime around it) gave me a hobby. It means a lot. These movies are NOT G1, but I looked at them in a new point of view.

The Presentation of the movies are AWESOME. Flawless in-fact. Fight choreography is splendid. Two-Thumbs-Up for Michael Bay for two outstanding pieces of work. A well entertained two and half hours of excellence. The audience is placed right inside the movie. The emotional scenes are brilliant. But the jokes are not. Character portrayal is through the roof, but I’ll get to that later.

Music is an epic factor in these movies. I’ve never been so thrilled to listen to background music before. Background music is perfectly placed for each and every scene in the movie. Every emotion is simulated from every note heard during the movie. Steve Jablonsky had composed the music, second time even better. The soundtrack is comprised of various artists (especially Rock) who had fulfilled their duties to bring out the best in many scenes. The most notable songs are “New Divide, What I’ve Done – Linkin Park”, “21 Guns – GreenDay” and “Burn It To The Ground – Nickelback”. I really can’t describe the joy of the Soundtrack and the Score of the movie.

On to the “Animation” then. WOW !!!, That should sum it up. If anyone thought that the animation from the first movie was out of this world, then they were in for a surprise for the second movie. I didn’t feel a single difference from the real world objects and the animated objects. The guys at the ILM did their job with full merits. We all should remember that these movies are titled “Transformers” and it is about “Transformers” – Huge Fighting Robots; not about humans.

Vehicle lovers will love Transformers. Cars, Bikes, Military Vehicles and Construction Vehicles are all a part of the movies. Concept vehicles from the General Motors Corporation, shines throughout both Transformers 1 and ROTF.

Lots of homage can be found in the movies. Various nods to the G1 cartoon series and my eyebrows went up when I found out that there is a character called “The Doctor” (Did they just referred to Doctor Who?).

Little kids will have a hard time to understand various aspects of the plot of each movie. I guess the movies target more adult audience.

In conclusion; I will say that overall, the movies are awesome. “Transformers” are must see movies for everyone of every age. I said this before and I will say it again; These movies will forever be cherished by me as one of the best movies I have ever watched. And I am now eagerly waiting for the 3rd movie. ‘Till All Are One.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Isn't this a bit premature? Movie 3 is only a few weeks into filming. A bit too soon to say "farewell".

4. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Hoping this thread would go on. :) 
    Opened the Thread because the Farewell was announced on USA Today.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well I enjoyed the first movie alot, the second.. well a bit, I hope I will enjoy the third too.

Thanks Mr.Bay you have apealed to my inner Caveman and I´m happy for it.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think this may be both premature, and interpreting his words somewhat:

All I would take from it at this stage is that they have a solid ending planned to round out the trilogy.

Maybe a lot of transformers die, and the rest go home to Cybertron. Maybe the war is finally put to rest. These are things that have happened before, and then subsequently been reversed.

7. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I gotta say, I'm going to miss Bay's tenure as director. I did enjoy the hell out of TF1, and I do love the designs. Really looking forward to TF3, and I'll miss Bayformers when it's gone.

I hope to God so. :D 

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I think we should save the farewells till after the final kaboom. :) 

It's been fun so far. With what we now possibly know about TF3, the finale has some GREAT potential. And when it's said and done, I'll miss Bay and everything introduced about the live action franchise. I'd rather never have a reboot, but we'll let the future take care of itself...

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would wait until, I dunno, the third movie toyline ends, or at least when the third movie comes out.

There's nothing wrong with a TF Movie Farewell thread, in fact I think it's a great idea. But the series isn't even over yet.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Just what I was thinking... like two years early. The third one comes out next year, then it's subline repaint-fest will last until like May of 2012. THEN we could probably have the farewell, when this forum will close.

Gotta say, it's always intrigued me to see what this forum will be like without the movie forum... it's a real member of the family. Now that we know that it's days are numbered, it's weird. Like you know you'll have to say goodbye to someone, but not right away.

Again, this thread is premature. Wait until Spring 2012, IMO.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Assuming TF3 is a mega-smash, Bay will not walk away from it. It's his baby. I'll check back in on this thread in 3 years.

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

It's a bit early to say good bye, but...

The Movieverse introduced me to Transformers, and for that I will always remember it fondly even after it ends.

13. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if this thread is a little early i will go ahead and say my early "goodbeys" lol. But I grew up in the Armada era and loved the cartoon (deal with it) and loved Transformers. but the live-action movie definitely got me intrested in collecitng, doing stop-motions, and just becomnig a big fan of TF. I will hate to see the movie-verse go after TF3 but hopefully it will go out with a bang!

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Meh. Unless Hasbro has said already started looking for another director, I'm not sure Bayverse is over yet. Money talks. Bay may have a full plate after TF3, so maybe his production company will get the next series in association with Hasbro's new entertainment wing. Whatever the case, I hope part 3 goes out with a bang. TF1 was great ROTF, I really enjoy, despite its technical flaws. The action is great and Bay has laid a nice foundation for TF films that can be built upon.

Definitely appreciate the popularity and prestige his movies pumped into the brand.

15. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me in my childhood I have vague memories of the show I use to watch: Transformers, Beast Machines. And I had maybe 2 or 3 toys.

I quickly forgotten about Transformers until July 2007. I didn't even follow it until it was released.

I can't imagine what my interest in movies, animation and Transformers would have been without Bay's version.

No one could have done it the way he has, IMO.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^This! :D 

Also, it ain't over till Bay's microphone blows up! :D 

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm a bit sad we might not get another TF film for a long time. I loved the designs, it's the only reason I registered for this site, to keep up with latests in concept art, it's what had me from the beginning.

I only hope the Ben PRocter, Josh Nizzi, PauL Ozzimo and the others update there site soon with more designs.

I wish there was less human in ROTF, but nevertheless, the designs always made up for that.

18. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

In the words of Megatron "This isn't over.". It's too soon to say and to think that the Transformers movie universe at this point is over for good. We should wait until next year or maybe even until some time during 2012.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hearing the news that the Micheal Bay series of Transformers films would be coming to end was like Christmas coming early this year. I know some of you guys have really enjoyed it and that's okay, I just really haven't enjoyed the movies or the related toys. I just need great villains in things and the Decepticons just haven't been measuring up.

I guess to throw something positive in Transformers always moves on to something else and sometimes that something else is actually better. If you stopped just because G1 ended you would have missed great things like Beast Wars and Animated. Sure maybe the Bay series is ending but that doesn't mean the live action format can't move on to other things.

20. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll save my farewells til the third movie is out.
    But be prepared to have this topic filled with anti-movie posting about how glad some are that it's finishing.