Michael Bay talks TF3 trailer and 3D! Trailer Coming December 10th.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Albershide, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is what Michael Bay said over to Shoot for the Edit forums about the article for the problems with 3D:

"Wow, I read these morons on the internet who think they are in the know. "We have have problems with our 3D????" Really? Come into my edit room and I will show you beautiful 3D. There has never been a live action show that has pushed the boundaries of 3D like Transformers 3. We shot the entire movie with 3D cameras. I actually loved shooting in 3D. I will give full details of my process and why I liked 3D in the next week right before the Transformers announcement piece comes out on Tron and Narnia.
    And don't watch this movie in 2D, we made it for 3D.

Michael"

So this is an indirect confirmation that the trailer will debut with Narnia on December 10th and that the whole movie was shot with 3D cameras and looks great.

2. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

yay! just two weeks!

3. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I was right :)  .

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    NARNIA?! thats great!!

if its true well i guess im not seeing the trailer cause narnia comes Next Week on guatemala and not on the 10th

5. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

i just want to the the final robot desgins for the ferrari, the fire truck, wheeljack, and shockwave

6. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    WOOOOO! only two weeks

7. Transfrom 114

Transfrom 114 MH1994

This film looks totally epic
    It will look more epic in 3D and the trailer will be here before we even know it

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Bay really knows his build ups to things. If 3D works with transformers I might not think of 3D as the cinematic equivalent of water boarding as much.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YAY!

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we don't know if that's wheeljack its only been a guess at this point

and eagc7 ya never know maybe because you get Narnia early you might get the trailer early too. I'm not saying you will, just saying you never know. Wouldn't that be cool though seeing the trailer before all of us.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yeah. maybe

12. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    wait, will the trailer be on youtube?? on december 10th?

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm amused by how Bay usually responds to leaks with outright denial and just dismisses it all as 'morons on the internet'. He could’ve politely suggested that they're misinformed, but it comes across like he's just loath to admit or concede that he's had even the slightest difficulty.

I know these articles and rumours will often take something that had maybe a grain of truth and blow it out of all proportion, but I don't see any great harm in admitting that things don't always work perfectly, but that everything’s all under control. On a number of levels this production hasn't gone smoothly, not least the accident, but also cancellations, reshoots, Megan Fox, and dealing with bureaucratic red-tape. But I think Bay is well prepared for setbacks and he takes it all in his stride.

It's great to finally hear some enthusiasm from him about shooting in 3D. Up till now he's seemed rather grudging and reluctant about the 3D, like they twisted his arm or something. I don't think every movie should be 3D, but I think this is exactly the sort of film that will really benefit from it, both for the visceral nature of the film, and also for conveying the designs and otherworldliness of it. I've seen most of the major 3D releases, and there really hasn't been anything comparable to Transformers done in 3D yet. Nothing that big or epic. Avatar was obviously huge, but a very different visual experience given the subject matter.

Transformers in 3D should be more than has ever met the eye(s).

14. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Yes finally

2 weeks yes but please

Bay tell us the transformers going to be in TF3 like the nascars, red fire engine, ferrari we need names

Please show us the list of all transformers going to be in the movie

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay 

15. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    The world been what it is, I'm sure it would be on the internet first.

16. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I'll be watching in 2d for two reasons:

1. I fit into that small group that feels dizzy watching 3d movies (tech is obviously rubbish, it should not cause anyone to feel dizzy at all). A shame that arrogant idiot never thinks before doing silly things like using 3D.
    2. IMO 3D is a silly fad that will die very soon. I will not be embracing this stupid tech.

And if it's not going to be showing in 2D, then bay isn't getting my money.

Other than the 3D nonsense, the movie is looking ok.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    3D is awesome, and Transformers is perfect for it.
    Can't wait to see the 3D Star Wars movies either.
    Nightmare before Christmas was made better for 3D.
    3D was the only good part of Final estination 4. The naked chick needed biger boobs.

The 3D technology has been a long time coming, and I personally embrace it.I'm no sports fan, but it would be cool to see a football or basketball game- at player's level- in 3D.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if not on youtube movies.yahoo.com usually have trailers on their website the day they debut

19. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a very ignorant and, quite frankly, horrendously immature comment to make. You're either very young, and thus, know little of what you speak, or just very pedestrian. Or both.

And if 3D makes you dizzy, which I doubt it does, I would suggest booking in an eye exam ASAP, either if you wear glasses or not. Particularly if you don't.

20. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    1. The studio says "Make the movie in 3D." Bay either makes the movie in 3D or he doesn't make it at all.

2. And you don't have to. I'm sure it will be repeated 1,000 times in this and similar threads like it across the internet but any movie that's released in 3D is also released in 2D. More to the point, 2D still makes up the majority of theaters showing 3D movies and the majority of the box office take, in most cases. All this raging and rabble rousing is, quite frankly, pointless. You can always see the movie in 2D.