Michael Bay talks about Transformers 2 here

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Solid Alexei, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
  2. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Mostly old stuff but there are some nifty little details...

Didn't realize they were on such a tight time table.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. Nothing really new, but the tidbits about him (Bay) not liking the kind of car that they got for Jazz and the part about Hasbro having 'a big f-ing problem' (Bay's words) with Starscream's design.

Though I think he's bold for sticking with his guns on it like he says. Still, I can't help but think I'd like another director to do the second movie. But only because I don't like Bay's camera work on the fight scenes. And I've never liked it in any movie I've ever seen of his. Still, looking forward to the second movie whether he directs it or not (and, honestly, there's probably a good chance he will so I'll deal). :) 

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Guess it could explain some of the events in the movie.........

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I just hope that if Michael Bay is not directing the sequel then his replacement goes through the same lengths to ensure that the CGI looks just as photo-real.

There should be no turning back as far as that's concerned, in my opinion.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Spielberg as director?

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I don't have a problem with Bay but Spielberg gets my vote.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Now I really wished they'd pushed this movie back another year and not had rushed it. It was good, but it could have been so much better if they'd had taken their time with everything.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    As long as ILM handles the special effects and CGI, directors are largely interchangable.

10. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i say get a younger director, one in his early 30s, one who probably actually watched the show, read some of the comics, one who actually knows the mythology and characters surrounding this franchise. i could really care less if the guys made a movie before, but if they decide to replace bay, i'd like it better if they picked a guy who would go "WHAT?! you want me to do a transformers movie?! FUCK YEA I"M IN!" not "no, i don't want any part of that" like bay did.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Seeing as Spieldberg is friends with Lucas, I wouldnt be surprised to see LucasArts being involved in the sequel, especially after seeing the success of the first one. Id rather have Bay as director instead of Spieldberg. Remember how drastically A. I. changed its mood halfway as Spieldberg took over Kubrick throughout the filming?

12. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Bay's directing style is what made this film earn a "Meh" rating from me. I was able to accept the designs (they actually worked pretty well for this film), the shallow script, and several cliche' moments, but the drunk cameraman effect when I wanted to see action made this film lose a lot of points with me..

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd definitely like to see a new director that covers the scenes a little more. A few more angles to cut from you know? Jazz's battle with Megatron was just this medium wide shot that never really cut away from focus on Megs. If there'd been some close ups of Jazz thrown in, maybe there'd have been some more weight to it. Also, he could have cut to Prime and Megatron fighting a little more, but they were pretty much just in the background, playing second fiddle to humans vs. Black Out you know? Bay is a fairly good action director but I think he works a little too fast, ends up not shooting enough coverage to give the scenes the depth they deserve. He gets some great shots here and there but they stand out amongst the more average ones and it's almost uneasy to look at.

This is all just my opinion though, as someone with their own directing aspirations, obviously I have my own ideas how movies should be shot. Silly ambitious little bastard, aren't I?

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Even George Lucas? Please say yes:p 

15. honestgabe

honestgabe I

LucasArts is a videogame company I thought. ILM is the special effects company that Lucas founded and they actually did the CG for the movie.

16. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Spielberg directing the sequel I can definitely do. Bay...not so much.

17. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Hell no, not Lucas. And no Spielberg direction either.

Jeez guys give it a rest already and just let Bay do the sequels.

18. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    id like to see someone else handle the sequels, I'm not a bay fan at all. people complain bout the shaky camera during the action, but watch the scene where same enters the junk yard. from getting off the bike to getting in the yard, the camera cuts like 6 times. wtf, calm down.

i haven't liked a Spielberg movie since Jurassic park, so i wouldn't vote for him right up. id like to see someone new maybe. over all though it was the best bay movie (even though i feel it still wasn't that great, but the nostalgia factor gives it a huge boost) and it could have turned out worse, so i wouldn't be opposed to bay directing more. I hope the writers stay the same though, i think they did a good job.

19. Mydlyfe

Mydlyfe Member

I'm cool with anything as long as the next director can explain the transitions from day to night in 2 minutes.

20. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah that was annoying