Michael Bay should stay or go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vslayerntx, Jul 2, 2009.

?

Should Michael Bay direct TF3?

1. Yes definitely....

99 vote(s)
    44.6%
  2. Heck no time for someone knew.....

90 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. meh I don't care either way

33 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Star Trek is widely regarded as a success by critics and fans, look at the mess ROTF has this board in. So, at least Orci and Kurtzman are attached to something that's good this decade. Sadly, Bay can't say the same, he hasn't done a good movie since Armageddon....and I personally would argue he hasn't done a good movie since The Rock.

2. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I agree with you there. I love the star trek movies, but that was the first one that I left the theater, thinking "wow, thats kinda messed up".

3. PrimeKillsAll

PrimeKillsAll Member

Get rid of his ass, he sucks. The first Transformers movie was passable, but this latest one was a hunk of crap.

The action and CGI was cool, but that was all ILM. Get someone with actual talent.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    They didn't have near the time constraints as Transformers did... and I seriously have to ask: was that the best they could do?

must they really rely upon maguffins, coincidences, contrivances and stupid moments that some call "humor" to tell a story?
    Heck, I consider MI3 to be their best so far... and yet they heavily rely upon a rabbits foot that NEVER gets explained.

I walked from the theater feeling better about Terminator Salv. than I did that slapped together Star Trek.

As for Transformers 1- I thought it was lazily written.
    Transformers 2- a little more creative, admittedly- but still a mess.

Oh-oh- but the writers strike hindered them in TF 2. So what's their excuse for TF1 and Star Trek?

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I 110% agree with you, Jingoku.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted for "meh", because none of the options reflects my true opinion: I think Bay should stay and focus on the action sequences and special effects, but that there should be a "co-director" who focuses on the story and characters, as well as tempering some of Bay's excesses (particularly the humor).

7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol  You haters better all hope that Bay stays since he knows what makes money and gets more figures sold for Hasbro. And no matter what anyone says, that's what keeps Transformers at the top. While ROTF wasn't perfect, it was a fun film, and hopefully Bay can learn from his mistakes.

If you want Transformers to fade back into obscurity, then go ahead and hope for Bay to leave because you'll never get a big-name director to pick up the series when you combine "toy line" and "scathing reviews ROTF". Just wait until your dreams come true and we end up with Transformers: The Last Stand by Brett Ratner or In the Name of Prime: A Transformers Tale by Uwe Boll.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Not a chance. What he did wrong with the first movie, he amplified it and made it worse in ROTF. More sex jokes, more plot holes, even LESS characterization...the list goes on.