Michael Bay set to do A2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by peteynorth, Jul 10, 2006.

1. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, those of us who are fans of Entourage laughed painfully last night when Ari had to break the bad news that the Aquaman sequel would not be directed by James Cameron, as the first one had. When asked who would be directing it, Ari disappointedly admits it's Michael Bay. Vince and Eric definitely shared Ari's lack of enthusiasm. Good stuff.

Despite this, I still think Bay will do a good job; but yeah, he's no James Cameron.

2. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Micheal Bay is no James Cameron? I think that's the understatement of the year... :p 

(If I had my choice of director for the Transformers movie, I would have picked James Cameron above anyone else, even Spielberg. Transformers seems like something that would be right up his alley.)

As for Aquaman sequel... I had no idea there was a first one...

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    is the first aquaman even out?

4. peteynorth

There is no Aquaman movie. HBO has a show Entourage about an actor and a bunch of friends sponging off of him. The actor's latest project was Aquaman, which opened very successfully. It really is a great show, I view it as HBO's apology to straight guys for all those years of Sex in the City our wives/girlfriends made us sit through.

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Entorage is a good show. I guess Bay's track record is kinda iffy

6. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Quite a funny episode last night.

Bay is set to direct with Kevin Smith as writer.

They were NOT pleased. LOL.

7. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LAst nights episode was awesome! Entourage is quickly becoming my fav show on HBO. I almost fell out of my chair when they dropped the Bay line.

8. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Iffy?

Go to any film school and ask any professor what they think of MB as film maker. I dare you. You'll either get a laugh, or a rolling of the eyes. I have a couple of good friends who are in film school, and friends who are in the field. They're all pretty much of the same mindset about MB. Sure his movies made millions.

Brittaney Spears has sold millions of records and made millions. I challenge anyone who isn't deaf or blind to say she an "artist" or a good singer. She's nothing but an overexposed wanna be stripper.

But oh well, let's hope MB proves all of us naysayers wrong....

9. Dark_T_Zeratul

Dark_T_Zeratul Well-Known Member

The difference is that unlike Brittney Spears, Michael Bay actually has some good titles under his belt. The Island and especially the Rock come to mind. Even Armageddon wasn't that bad - at least, not from a cinematography standpoint. After all, it's not like Michael Bay wrote the script for it.

10. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, Michael Bay movies are no Citizen Kanes.....so why would a film school professor think anything different? I completely expect that type of reaction from them.

What Michael bay DOES do damn well is mega blockbuster action. You just simply can't put those types of movies in the same category as genuine Oscar-worthy films. I mean some people do a better job of it, but in the end...it's still popcorn flix.

Some people get a serious hate-on for popcorn flix and I will never understand why. Not every movie needs to be cinematic masterpiece in every single aspect of it. Script is important, of course, but with popcorn flix? Not as much.

Expect Transformers: The Movie to ABSOLUTELY be a "popcon flick". If you don't, you will severely be dissappointed.

-Dusty

11. peteynorth

What??? I demand The Godfather with giant robots!

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Popcorn movies are aces! I bet 3 out of 5 of most peoples favourite movies are popcorn movies. Hell, I bet my top 20 are.

13. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "I want you to make him an offer his logic circuits must abide by."

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I would say Deadwood is the appology. That show makes a sailor blush.