Michael Bay says the "CGI Designs have been finalized"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I'm real interested in seeing Bonecrusher. His vehicle mode seems bloody huge.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yeah. It's puzzling that he hasn't shown up by now.

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Has anyone noticed on some of the renders that we have particuraly bumblebee there seems to be alot bending in particular of the yellow pieces. Meaning if this is a supposed to be able to transform from one thing to another realistically it almost looks like some parts are morphed instead of transformed. The license plate on the crotch is kinda what im talking about but the plate is not the example. Look at Bumblebee's feet can you figure where that block of yellow fits on the exterior of that car. Just a thought to go along with the theme of this thread being things we were told that aren't particurarly true. If they have morphing then you might as well do mass shifting.lol

Lastly does that mean the whole thing about megatron's head being changed is false then since don murphy said that it was being changed like 2 months ago but the designs are final for the past year

4. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    We discussed these topics 100 times if not more. The basic principle we came up with is......well we just cant understand it until we see the movie. I mean those arent "exact renders...so they could be from earlier then christmas.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Actually no.

Waiting to see something do what you can tell its gonna do is like waiting for the bomb to go off to make sure its a bomb.

Very obvious clues to this are in all the main character designs I think its more to achieve the aesthetic of what the producer had in mind. Of course this last sentence is mostly opinion about intent but not in execution

6. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I see your reasoning. I love the designs but really we can only understand until the movie hits theaters. I would love to see some early design Transformations. Alas I dont think it will happens. But with all these moving parts, I dont think we will ever understand!

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ???

Okay, first it doesn't matter if you're "pro" or "anti" movie, because there are many people on both sides that are exagerating their opinions. However, what I think is funny is the irony that I see in the first sentence and first paragraph of your post. Very funny indeed and you have made my day. I respectufully thank you for your most humorus post. :lol 

Seriously, you're free to hate the movie all you want. All anyone is asking is that the majority of the "haters", as some put it, simply articulate their opinions and post something that might make people understand their mindset besides the usual "It's not Gewen so it suxxorz." posts.

Hmm... wait wait... I think... nah, he couldn't be doing what he's complaining about could he?

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    it was discussed in an earlier thread (the one on battle damage) that the TFs are to be made of some bio-mechanical alien super alloy. most organic material is easy to bend and shape so... i think that in terms of physics, perhaps they use some technology or special metal that when given a certain electrical signal, the molecules of the compound realign as directed by a central computer or something.

9. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Ironiclly it was my thread (-_-) But yes , besides a bending a license plate isnt really hard. But morphing magnetic feilds does help explain alot about the transformations..But then again, if you could articulate each peice to move in a certain direction, it is quite possible. I dont know but it will be exciting.

10. flamepanther

We don't know.
    So what exactly were we told that you think isn't true here?
    1) Bending does not equal morphing.
    2) Morphing does not break the law of conservation of matter.
    3) If any kind of morphing is used in the movie, audiences are probably more likely to accept it than than mass-shifting. Audiences don't seem to have had any trouble taking Terminator 2 seriously. I hope there's nothing more than bending though, if even that.
    No. Because:
    -Didn't he say that more than two months ago?
    -The head was changed between the design drawings and the CG renders we saw, even if it wasn't changed to what you wanted.
    -The only renders we've seen appear to be from sometime around mid-summer.
    -The statement was that the designs have been final since last year, not "for the past year". Last year was only about a month ago. If people can't keep straight what the movie staff says even when it was posted in this very thread, I don't even want to hear about things that were supposedly said months or years ago. I do appreciate that you didn't use the word "lies" though.

A few things for everyone to keep in mind. When someone says a particular thing about a project that's far from finished and that involves the input of several people, even things that don't turn out like they said aren't necessarily lies. It may have been true to the best of that person's knowledge, while others sharing creative control had different plans. It may be that the information was true at the time, but that plans were changed. Information is not necessarily a promise. It may be that people have misinterpreted what was meant by what was said. It may be that what was said is being misremembered or taken out of context. All of these are things to keep in mind before people make complaints about lies or false statements. Things that may not seem true (whether they are or not) may still have been said in good faith.

11. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I basically gonna stay away from these infinite-spawning type of discussions from now on; I've read the same discussion (but well thought out and articulated months ago) yet have to read it over and over but now with more heavy-handedness and less civility.

Back on subject: as all-powerful and omniputent as Michael Bay can come off to us lowly peons, he does not have total control over the whole production, he just steers the ship. And as all-consuming as Don Murphy seems, he doesn't know every aspect of the production... Bob does.

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    also, steven spielberg. when has this man ever let us down?

13. flamepanther

A.I., but that's probably just because he was working with a dead man whose style isn't very compatible with his own.

14. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I'm not fond of the designs, but I know how the movie industry works. Bay/DM's statement's were probably a little misleading - whatever changes were made between the early and final versions were minor and cosmetic, and that was probably their intent. However, they had to leave a some room when discussing the designs. Had the designs flopped (which they haven't - the reactions have been mixed among fans, but casual viewers seem to have flipped for the trailers and toy designs) they could still have hit the panic switch and radically altered the designs.

Guys like me who don't like the aesthetics of these designs won't be happy with this one way or another, but we should be able to simply criticize the work itself (or what we have seen of it) without name calling.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yeah, even I'm still wondering what the final product is gonna look like when I go see this movie.