Michael Bay Sad To Leave The Transformers Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 26, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, since you are out to pick a fight, could you at least cite an example to support whatever type of jealousy you seem to harbor?

2. JangoZilla

JangoZilla Member

Dances with Smurfs (I think? I hope not)

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Ah well. I'm just interested in seeing who the next director will be and what they do with the franchise.

I will say that I'll be sad to see the movie designs go. I quite liked them.

4. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I have my criticisms about some of Bayformers' choices, I have to give props to Michael Bay. While Transformers was always good a decade before he came along, his movies have helped launch Transformers into a bigger franchise than it has ever been. The fans have benefited from this new popularity with multiple toylines, books and games. I know other franchises like G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe would kill to have the prosperity that Bay's films have brought to the Transformers franchise, let alone a TRILOGY of "stupid toy movies".

We've come a long way from the Animorphs dark ages, and Bay has a big hand in that.

Animated was a homage to everything TF. It had movie influences like the Allspark and Cybertronian Megatron.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I think he's talking about Titanic. You know, mega blockbuster at the time of its release but now a days is regarded as nothing more than over-hyped, generic love story hidden behind special effects.

Honestly, even if you hate the Bay movies, couldn't you at least give him his kudos? The movies helped generate tons of money for the franchise and brought Transformers back to the mainstream, something it really hasn't been since the 80s. And I will also remind everyone that if it wasn't for the movies, the Classics lines wouldn't exist: it was the movie being delayed a year that necessitated the creation of the 06 Classics line as a filler.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly who is out to do what? Seems like the pot is calling the kettle black.

Oh, and that little love triangle set amidst a historical tragedy was Titanic. Maybe you've never heard of it.
    http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=titanic.htm

7. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh if only he quit 5 years ago

8. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Oh yeah... that one sucked too. The best thing out of that was seeing her boobs.

To even make such a statement shows me that you have no clue about what I have and haven't said about Bay and his films... especialy today.

Do a search under my name and get a better idea of who you are calling a "bay hater".

Bull. Classics came a full year before the movie and its line hit.
    You're gonna have to post a link about how the movie was delayed a year.

And you can't argue that the movies gave us classics- especially if it was the lack of movies that made it possible.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Credibility meet window,

10. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Bwa-ha-ha.... HA!

I'm not the one out to defend Bay or his movies at the drop of a hat from any apparent criticism- regardless of how small.

What- you didn't like her boobs?

11. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

Funny thing about us fans: We all wanna fight like we're on one side or the other, when in reality, most of us are sitting somewhere in the middle. Some fans will take anything with a Transformers logo on it and say it's gold. Some will refute everything that isn't like it was in their childhood. But I think most of us have brains enough to draw our own conclusions as to what's cool and what's not.

After all the arguing, fighting, name-calling and trolling, I can only speak for me. So, here's what I thought of Bay's tenure on our beloved franchise: it could've been better.

Here are what I felt were the biggest cons:

1) I didn't think the writing was well done. I'm not saying I didn't like the writing because it wasn't G1, I'm saying I didn't like the writing because I felt it was average at best.
    2) I thought the designs were bad. Not just kinda bad...BAD. Again, it's not that they weren't G1, it's that they almost didn't look robotic at all.
    3) I didn't like the humor, especially considering Transformers is supposed to be a kids toy line.

I never bought the argument that the movies are popcorn flicks. I've always felt, if you respect something, you respect it enough to bring in great talent, and I don't believe, aside from voice-acting and the CGI team, that was done here.

But that's a good segue to the pros:

1) I thought the voice-acting was terrific! One of the best feelings I ever got in a movie theatre was that first time, after TFs being out of the theatres for 21 years, I heard Peter Cullen's voice. WOW!!!
    2) The CGI was ridiculously good. In a lot of scenes, it was genuinely difficult to make out what was real and what wasn't. Hell, I might've bought that those metal aliens were REAL if I didn't know any better!
    3) Bay's relationship with the military was great for the movies. It helped me relate to the human side of the story more than the cast did.
    4) Megan Fox. She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, but MAN was she fun to look at!

So, I'm actually looking forward to this last one. The reviews are good and the action looks insane! I mean, POOR CHICAGO!!!

Good luck to the poor sap who takes the reins of the next one; after all, TF fans can be a psychotic bunch :D 

Have fun, all!!!

12. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Bay's movies are just the beginning. We don't know how the next one will be- could be as good, or better or worse.

Enjoy these movies for what they are and move on.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I've enjoyed the movies and the toys that came along with them. Now I'm looking forward to what the next director can do.

14. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Bellpeppers, other than the Titanic bit, I wasn't referring to you specifically: I was making a general statement. I know it looks like I was referring specifically to you because I quoted you but that wasn't the case. Sorry to make it look like that. If anybody, it was directed more at Fishdirt.

As for the Classics line, where here's a direct quote from the TFWiki:

So yeah, i still say that the movie gave us Classics, or rather, the movie being delayed gave us Classics.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Sadly appeals to moderation (somewhat of a fallacy) will never work. This is a discussion board. Things will never move on.

16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Exactly.

I've liked the movies- even morf forgiving of ROTF than even the most rabbid of fanboy (I feel that I have to include this statement in at least ever other post lest I be accused of being a Bay-hater)... but lets look forward to what comes next.

Hopefully it won't be tacked on to this already hatcheted "aligned continuity" bullsh*t.

17. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

barf

18. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Oh, o.k. then... cool. :) 

Oyyyy... that TFWiki thing again.
    A nickel worth of free advice: do not rely on them alone. Always find other sources if you can. While there is a wealth of info that can be found there... like any yellow journalist blog their presentation of information curbs tightly around their biases and world view.

Just be carefull about citing them as gospel... just sayin.

I think "lack of" would be a more accurate assessment.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasta la Later, Bay!

20. bellpeppers

News Credits: