Michael Bay predicts "slow death" for HD-DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Big corporations throwin 100's of million's around, and they're blaming ME for saving 10 bucks? How dare they.

Where the hell are my digital downloads man.

2. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Good lord. Michael Bay is such a freaking tool. He only likes Blu Ray because it rhymes with his last name. He's being a little bitch about a format that he doesn't know shit about. But whatever...I wish Paramount would shut him the hell up....again.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bay likes Blu Ray??!!!?!?!

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS :eek: 

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Go bay, I support everything you say !! :D 

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I honestly could care less either way. I don't own either (well I have a PS3 but I don't buy movies for it) and could care less until they are better priced movies.

6. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

it seems to me to the only reason blu-ray might win is because it's name sounds cooler, and it's blue. also, for us lazy americans it's easier to say. blu-ray contains two syllables, whereas HD-DVD has five; quite a chore to spew that puppy out. after that it's all up to marketing since not everyone can make an informed decision anymore nor has an eye for video quality. then there's the majority of the population that continue to own and buy smaller tvs and could care less about their "movie watching experience." i suppose hd looks nice and all but the only time i've ever seen it used properly is when a buddy of mine and i decided to watch the matrix trilogy on hd-dvd on his front projection tv that he projects onto his entire wall. the only down side to that way of watching is you can't really watch it without making the room darker.

7. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I'm sure that Blue Ray is the next best thing but what if people can't afford to go out and spend (god knows how much they cost) money on the device and the new Blue Ray discs you have to buy to replace all the old dvd's you own now. This is crazy!!! Every couple of years they come out with something new and then we have to go and buy everything new to get the newx movies......I believe I will stop buying dvd's and not invest in Blue Ray at all. I will resort to renting to save money. If Transformers comes out on Blue Ray then I will have to see it in the theaters.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm really starting to think Bay is being paid to as a shill for Sony's format, as much as he keeps crowing about it and ignoring it's faults.

9. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a bit of a film buff I'm kinda rooting for Blu-Ray, simply because it'd make it cheaper for me (as I own a PS3 and wouldn't have to buy a player). I've held off buying the TF Movie since it's a visual effects flick, and logically you'd want the best version (which is what's driving Bay I imagine). Of course it helped that I didn't care for any of the robot bits in the movie, but really enjoyed the human sections. So I'll buy it eventually, but the wait isn't hurting at all.

Of course DVD is just fine too. It depends on how picky you are and what set up you have.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bay's a real prick. I'm sorry, but even though he's cool some of the time, he's too full of himself.

Agreed.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...think of it as early promotional work for the home release of Transformers 2.

12. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

i hate Bay.

i hate Walmart.

i hate Sony.

i hate the rapid "advancement" of technology.

i'm sticking with DVDs until they just stop producing them......shit i might even just burn my own at that point, should be a breeze, and would probably be better for getting those old cult videos.

and I finally saw those Transformers fight scenes on youtube. big fricken whoop.....glad i passed on it in the theaters, would have died if i had to sit through that shea lequeer kid or whatever his name is. Bay suuuuuuuucks

13. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I totally agree.

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really don't care but now my HD TF Movie is a paperweight. Won't buy an HD player now until this is settled. Well, at least I didn't get burned with Betamax. :lol 

15. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

if people could for an instance say, FUCK YOU MAJOR COMPANIES, I LIKE MY 8-Track A-OK!...we might not be in this situation....but we are a consumer driven culture now.

no time for reason, just buy buy buy, and if it becomes outdated, lets purchase them all over again in a new format, i mean if you take all your old discs and pawn em, you might be able to offset 5, maybe even 10% of the costs to get the newer format. so quit your bitching, get a REAL job and support blu-ray, my subordinate human slaves.

am i the only person here with a doctorate in bullshiteconomics?!

16. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I just see it pointless to buy $30 movies no matter the format. I will stick with DVDs until the Blu-Ray comes way down in price ($10-15).

18. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    So what does this have to do with transformers? :inquisiti 

19. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. panda

panda Well-Known Member

im sorry but i for one am choose hd dvd or both simply beacuse i enjoy the system better , i own both the hd dvd for the xbox and the sony blu ray bdp s300
    the loading times on the bluray is rediculas take way to long and also for updating have to burn to cd wheres hdvd just auto download via net , and as for people with the ps3 do not have acsess to the whole discs content where the stand alone does have full acsess. So for sony to produce exprensive systems youd think they all be able to do what theyre ment to do so you dont have to buy and ps3 for gameing and a standalone for the movie wathing making the bluray on the ps3 usless , xbox hd plug it in the xbox and away you go or the pc no fuss or anything. So i for one am chooseing hd dvd