Michael Bay predicts "slow death" for HD-DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    http://www.smarthouse.com.au/HD/HD_DVD/F9J2P7P3

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *sigh*

Whatever..I am so sick of the format war, I honestly don't care anymore.

Bluray has more storage space...great, I don't really care.

HD-DVD is not backed by Sony..that's about it as far as major pluses I can see for it.

I've said it so many times before it hardly bothers repeating. To hell with both formats, no need for either (not nearly the difference as DVD to VHS was) at this time, etc.

I'm not adopting either until...well, a long time from now..though by then I'll be waving a different flag. Go holodisc!

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't care which one wins, or which one dies. I just want the damn thing over so the fanboys on both sides shut up. (video format fanboys? how fucking pathetic can you get?)

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I remember when Bay was first blasting Paramount about putting Transformers on HD but not Blu-ray and someone on the boards said something to the effect of "Bay's just pissy because he just bought a PS3 and can't watch his movie on it."

I still like that explanation for his tirades against Microsoft and HD. XD

5. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

LOL... I don't care anymore as well, it's both the same shit... just bluray is backed up by Sony, thus making it hella more expensive

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I didn't care in the first place. I have no intention of going near either format until one of them is well and truly dead.

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    He's right about Wal-Mart being the decider.

8. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

He has an opinion just like any other consumer. Only difference here is that a creation of his is involved. If you made something you would want it to be the best you thought it could be. He thinks that's Blu. Pretty much it I would imagine. :)  But yeah, he was vocal for a few hours back in the day.

Thankfully I haven't bought into either one yet, by the time I do players should be affordable.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    No kidding.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    News sure travels slow these days.

11. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

until I see the end of this war is when I'm going to start buying the winner. I see it pointless to buy $30 movies is the format will be obsolete in a few years, and not to mention worthless.

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:

Honestly, it's far less pathetic than grown men geeking out on toys and cartoons marketed to 8 year olds. A huge hdtv and sound system is seen as impressive by most of the population (trust me, I sold them for many years - and many visitors are in awe of my HD a/v system). A collection of toy robots, is often seen as lame and nerdy (same people just roll their eyes upon seeing my collection of Optimus Primes).

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Since my dvd collection is in the mid 30 count along with several hundred vhs tapes. I clearly don't have much say in a war of formats battleing to controll high definition television. But right now I view it as devoid of necessity. High definition won't make the transformers tv series or the original movie any clearer than standard.
    (though the dedicated can imagine the thousands more g1 animation errors that could be discovered through hd.)

14. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Honestly, I'll wait for the absolute death of DVD before deciding to give a shit about HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. Bay can switch his allegiance between the two formats every hour on the hour, I couldn't give a crap.

15. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with most of you. I have a huge DVD collection and in no way about to rebuy any of them on B-ray or HD. Also I do not see a huge difference between the two. I just use my progressive scan and run it ay 720p and looks fine. But again this war is dumb. I hate the fact that one of my fav movies will come out on one format and not the other, basically need both types of players or a hybrid, which right now are not cheap!!!

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yep. Like it or not, audio/video is a far more legitimate hobby than anything we do here.

17. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Console fanboys.

There is nothing more pathetic or childish than a console fanboy.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh now if Bay's directing career would just die as well if quality is an issue. (come on you knew some one would have to take a cheap shot at him)

Blu-Ray HD-DVD, yea I really don't care either as long the format wars end and players go down in price to the resonable range. Already have enough stuff hooked up to my TV really don't feel like hooking two more units up over a useless format war where too many consumers end up the losers with either HD-DVD if it dies or gen 1 Blu-Ray players with their problems.

19. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

This format war will end eventually but don't blame a man for taking sides. I do too believe that HD-DVD will collapse slowly but people should just ignore the whole hi-res approach till things are settled. Sony has been a client of my agency for awhile and I have seen how far they have gone with Blu-ray and im talking 3 years ago.

You guys are turning this into politics where as people choose sides and are flamed. So what are you going to buy both or neither? Michael Bay may be a director but he is also human and entitled to his own opinion.

One of my clients had to create a double sided BD-R HD-DVD disc to remain nutural. http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/11/ritek-hybrid-bd-hd-dvd-disks (not trying to market btw)

But to me the future is blu

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I guess even Micheal Bay is entitled to act like a cry baby and throw a tantrum every now and then. Except he has the option of NOT DOING IT ON THE INTERNET FOR EVERYONE TO READ! I understand if the man has gripes, but keep it professional.

And besides, correct my if I'm wrong, but technically wasn't beta superior over vhs quality wise? And look who won.