Michael Bay-Most hated man in the film industry?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Darthbane2007, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

You know, i don't understand this hatred everybody seems to have for Michael Bay. Every other week there's a thread wishing that he be fired and a new director for TF3, or how his movies suck.

Can someone explain this to me?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Here I was thinking he won a gag award or something.

I think there's a few more people who are more hated than Bay in the film industry.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

because other than explosions and cgi, his movies do suck and he gets a ton of money for them. i also heard that he gets 8% from almost every piece of transformers movie merchandise, including toys. that adds up to a lot of money for some pretty bad movies

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Because Transformers nerds think they can make a better movie that appeals more towards them, but they don't understand that they still make up a very *SMALL* percentage of toy sales, and thus, you have to appeal to the MASS MARKET and not the NITCHE MARKET or their beloved Transformers would die once again.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    *cough* Uwe Boll *cough*

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't get the hate either.

I like some of his movies, and some I don't like.
    It's pretty much the same as every other film maker.

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Just because a bunch of rabid transformer fans hated ROTF and hate Bay doesn't make him the most hated director in the film industry.

That's bad logic.

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Try explaining that to the rabid transformer fans.

9. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

this the absolute truth that many just dont wanna beilieve or just dont care. i only wish i was articulated enough to type it or speak it out like Kickback(im serious, no joking.)

now HE is the most hated man. he makes films based on video games and turn out as trash. (Bloodrayne anyone?) wanting to make a MGS game and kojima heard this and bluntly said HELL NO!

though Postal was good... the one diamond in a sea of steaming sh1t.

and some people say he's just a jerk, personality wise. but thats just wat they say.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Though in all reality, if you have to try and explain simple matters to people, they're either deliberately shutting it out or incappable of understanding it.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Micheal Bay doesn't make 'smart' movies. Most people bashing Bay do so because they don't want other people to think that they are not intelligent by enjoying a movie made for the 'common folk'. Sure, his movies have issues, but the fact that Steven Speilberg supports him should give him enough credit in the business to silence the haters...but alas...

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Touche.

As for Uwe Boll, I can see him being the most loathed in the film industry. I mean he challenged a guy who bad-mouthed Bloodrayne II to a fight. I can see why both movie and video game fans hate him.

13. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of the 5 movies That I've seen that he's made I've liked all of them I think he's a good Action movie Director(The rock was Superb) but I think he needs to get his head out of his Autobutt and listen to his writers once and a while.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Surely you jest? B-but we could recreate MTMTE exactly the way it originally was but with CGI! Of course the audience would love it! If they dont? Screw them, they dont know what good transformers are!

15. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

When you take a pile of garbage like Bloodrayne, don't cry when the movie turns out to be garbage as well.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To the best of my knowledge, MB has directed Bad Boys 1&2, The Rock, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, The Island, Transformers, and ROTF.

All of these movies entertained me.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    B-but i want my F-16's,Tape decks,Walther p-51 and my 30 year old truck:p 

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

So says our nerd leader.

I am highly entertained by Michael Bay's movie. They're fun movies that require zero usage of my brain when watching them. Nevertheless, he really doesn't make good movies. They're definitely entertaining, but beyond that they're very shallow experiences. For people with really high standards when it comes to film, the fact that Michael Bay's movies are so popular and they make so much money, well it really speaks volumes about the standards and expectations of today's cinema viewers, which I believe is where all the hate comes from.

19. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought that's what most movies, and the film industry at large, are generally for.

So Bay is hated for entertaining us! That bastard.....

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Its not just Transformers fans, by a long shot. He makes films of zero substance and all "style", as he sees it. Look at the extras in a Michael Bay film. Every girl is a 98 lb, fake orange tan, empty headed Southern California model, and every guy is a bro-rape, pop-collar, Jack Johnson humping D-bag. Michael Bay's world is one giant frat party. You're invited if you pay 10.50 to watch his movie.

He counts his money and doesn't care how much critics and people with, whaddayacallem? Oh yeah, brains, care about him. And his next 2 1/2 hour wankfest of awesome will make just as much money...because the AVERAGE MOVIEGOER HAS NO TASTE! How many people say things like "Fast & Furious was AWEEESOOMMMMEEE!" "Revenge of the Fallen was AWEEEESSOOOOMMMMEEE!!!" but the same people also said "DARK KNIGHT WAS AAAWWWEEEESSOOOOMMMEEEE!!!!" There is no difference in good films to these people. There are colored lights and moving pictures, and they're popular. Never mind Dark Knight being a work of art by a competent director and the other two being trash.....the trogolidyte unwashed masses CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

The fandom that will support any celluloid abortion that Michael Bay squats over us and deuces on your face is really making me question what I'm a part of anymore. Some of you guys will accept ANYTHING. And did I honestly just see someone defend Pearl Harbor? PEARL HARBOR?!?!?!? You LIKED IT?!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.