Michael Bay: Jazz is DEAD

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 5, 2008.

1. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll miss Jazz as he is one of my favorite characters but at the same time death is death and bringing him back cheapens that. Looking forward to the new 'bots.

2. Introverticon

Introverticon Active Member

Meh. Bayformer Jazz, as a standalone character, was pretty pointless. Besides providing a foil to amp up Prime's dickery with a few lines of dialogue and exposing Frenzy's plot-armor (the mosquito-bot loses his head but the guy with a gatling cannon can't be a paraplegic? What about BB, huh?), what else was he good for? He looked cool for a few seconds. That's it. Even if his resurrection was in some way closely related to a major plot point it would still come off as over-wrought BS, just because of how easily they offed him they first place.

Really, I want to see the guy come back. He had the coolest model of any of the bots, and it's be a great excuse to give him a new toy mold and extend that ever-so-important trademark. But if this is disinformation then he'll probably be a torso strapped to a mobile CR tank as a cameo in lab or something. It's just too unlikely, even with how inconsistent this franchise has already become.

Three words: Son of Dewbot.

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I hated Movie Jazz though I agree that this leaves them to make a cool Classics Jazz toy. Maybe they are having him in a flashback during the second movie? Please let him stay dead. In the words of Jack Napier "I'm glad you're dead!!!! AHAHAHA!"

4. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there are any truth to your words... I will hunt you down and smack you until you lose consciousness...

5. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Also michael bay stated that they would spread a lot of disinformation until movie release. So you really have to take everything with a grain of salt.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Possible misleading information??

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    OMG people Michael Bay may be LYING WOW did anybody ever think of that huh!!!!!!11

8. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Ain't no bot as cool as Jazz, Bay ain't nothin but a jive turkey.

9. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Nice answer from the director himself. Straight to the point. It seems Jazz has joined with the Matrix for good. Thank god. More unique (and probably cooler 'bots) for the sequel. Heck yeah!

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I never thought I'd be saying this but........I support Michael Bay in this one. The only one I'd really hope to return from the dead would be Megatron.

(disclaimer: not a Movie Hater comment, I liked the TF movie but hate Michael Bay's directing in any of his movies)

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh well..Bet they'll be more col charecters but if i made a movie spin-off i would of have him alive.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm also wondering the same thing here. At this point I don't know what to believe.
    DN

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Honest Bay lie to fans that he loves with all his heart and would never say anything bad about because he loves each and every Transformers fan like they were his own childern. Oh say it ain't so, say it ain't so :lolol 

14. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    i say let jazz rest, he was one of my fav characters, including he was my first tf, but megs tore him in half, and his spark went dim...so he's no more.

but i do want more characters....jazz was the coolest of the cool....but i can think of only 2 other bots that tried to be cool...one was smokescreen by trying to be with the in-crowd...and hotrod who was reckless to be cool...so time will tell who is the cool bots bay is talking 'bout.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I say leave him dead - once you start resurrecting characters, some of the drama of a life or death situation for a Transformer goes out the window. They die, they get brought back like nothing ever happened. Where's the drama, the sense of loss in that? I'd be happy to make an exception for Megatron, of course, since his death left a way for him to return (after a fashion) but as far as I'm concerned, Megatron should be the only one who should defy death.

Bring on the other cool robots, that's what I say. Perhaps Darius McCrary is in negotiations to return to voice another character in TF2, or to do Jazz in a flashback or something.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Though I like Jazz, its better this way

17. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

Glad Bay cleared that up.

18. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Crap. At least I'd have been happier if he hadn't made one of my favorite autobots a lieutenant just to give him a lame ass characterization if you call it characterization. I don't think the 'fight' (if I can call it a proper fight) with Megs even showed exactly why he was made second in command.

So much for Bay's writers. :thumbdown They should have hired writers from BW and Animated.

19. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

As much as I like Jazz, leave him dead. His death pretty much meant nothing since the character did squat in the movie, other than remind me why Hollywood needs to leave certain aspects of the Hip Hop culture alone. Actually, all of it.

Either way, Jazz meant little to nothing when he was alive in the movie. Bringing him back would be just as pointless.

And my God, every time Bay "says" something, it just smacks of douchebaggery.

"We have way more cool robots to come"

:rolleyes2 

Which will probably take a back seat to the ever "important" human story and will only be seen for about 30 minutes in a 2 hour and 20 minute movie. That leaves alot of room for those necessary slow motion shots of people jumping out of choppers, standing up, sitting down, scratching their asses, buttering their bagels, etc, etc.

20. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Well when someone is twice your size or more, and have firepower you couldn't dream of, well the fight should be rather short and lopsided. As for why he was second in command, did you think Jazz thought he was going to win? Its called taking a hit for the team. Self sacrifice to delay and let Prime get there and take over. If that doesn't show his quality, then whatever would? Jazz showed all that any troop could ask for in a leader when he took on Brawl and Megatron face to face. Too bad it didn't end differently, but it doesn't take another hour of film to let him become a deeper character, just pondering on his motivations gives you insight into why Prime depended on him, and rightfully so.