Michael Bay Comments On The Future Of Transformers Movie Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Dec 6, 2017.

1. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Bay single handedly reignited my love for Transformers. Something I hadn’t been into since the late 80s.After the movies I also started collecting the generations and masterpiece lines.  Thank you Michael Bay. 

• Like Like x 10
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, AOE and TLK were fun.
    I wanna see more Unicron and Quintessa too.
    And they should blackmail Marky Mark to be in the sequel cause he was great in AOE and TLK and I don't want to see another Shia Lebeouf kinda guy again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Movie verse Beast Wars would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

Someone is on repeat, or is just a broken record...

I don't see how any G1 or other characters were ruined. Does G1 suck now because the movies aren't pandering perfectly to G1 fans? Or has G1 stayed the same and everybody is upset at a fresh take from the movies when it should have just rehashed what G1 already was?
    Should film makers ignore the majority of the general movie going population to make movies full of ridiculous fan service for the small and annoyingly loud minority? That would be a good way for the movies to suck in a whole new way.

Luckily G1 still exists as it was in the 80's, Beast Wars is also unchanged. The movies have had zero affect on any of the stories, characters or nostalgia that came before. Rather it revived a brand that had begun to go stale. It sparked interest in new fans, and reignited interest in old fans. And for those who have enjoyed them, the movies have brought entertainment. How dare Bay ruin everything about transformers, because of him it all sucks, right?

I don't think so.
    I like the movies. They are fun action films that have giant alien robots fighting and transforming into earthly vehicles to hide in plain sight. I think Bay has been perfect for the action scenes and the cars. The guy knows his way around an action set piece, and how to makes cars look splendid in his high contrast, high saturation, and warm film filters. Are they perfect films? No, but they entertain me and a good few others as well. Far from the worst thing to happen to the Transformers brand.

Just my:2c: 

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Not necessarily because the writers room created that, not Bay. A new direction could simply mean ending the theme of Knights, changing the tone like making it more child friendly, including more or less humans. It could mean anything.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Masterhentai69

Masterhentai69 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's being plastered online because this guy wants to kill American internet and millions of us aren't having it

7. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

For the most part I enjoyed the movies. TALK though sucked and was embarrassing to watch. Decepticons didn't seem very mysterious or as big of a threat anymore, just an annoyance. The Dinobots seemed like they were lazy pets now. And the entire Witwicky thing just got lame. They need a new direction, that one was boring.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    We do not know yet if TF6 is the rome movie Lorenzo teased

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Uh oh, that means more of the same.

10. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

eb6140942424697bf997986aac9b2d682cd18a18fe192e4f81ba32f17b629a24.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rasmotron

Rasmotron Well-Known Member

\"Michael Bay’s Transformers Live Action Movie Series (a.k.a. Bayverse) helped the Franchise to get in touch with the modern audience and make the characters household names once again.\"

Holy shit...fucking blowhard much?!

Um...what about Animated, Prime, War For and/or Fall Of Cybertron, and all the OTHER medium that have kept the franchise going for the last 20 years before this fuckface ruined the canon?

Transformers?  Check.
    Ninja Turtles?  Check.
    Michael Bay = Raping our childhood nostalgia in every canonical universe he gets his grubby little goat-gropers on.

• Like Like x 3
  12. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:

With the exception of Animated which came the same year (and clearly planned to coencide with the popularity of the film) the rest of those things came out after 2007.

After the movie.

The movie which reinvigorated interest in the franchise.

You probably wouldn't have the rest of those things if not for the movie.

I don't like the movies either, but let's not pretend this brand was thriving before they came along.

How conveniently people forget how much Bayformers and Beast Wars in the 90's actually did for Transformers so g1 fans could be on this active message board complaining about them.

• Like Like x 11
  13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait wait Spiderman was good...the last Thundercat cartoon was really good. Nothing wrong with Statwars...well I almost forgot about the prequels.

Anyway, I hope to see a decent Transformers movie but if it has that Bay influence I'm out. It would not be hard to please Older fans and newer fans at the same time, but Bay doesn't really like Transformers, just the money he's making.

• Like Like x 3
  14. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

The best thing coming from those movies was unfortunately abandoned in AOE and TLK.

Character models forcing toy designers to leave their comfort zone of rehashed G1 designs.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Obviously the big profits these movies have made for the studios is a good thing. The unfortunate side of things is the big demand for low level, dumb movies. They've been able to offer nothing more than a spectacle of beautiful cgi and cinematography.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Not if we all become a little less fundamentalist.

18. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    But how likely is that to really happen? It is difficult to please both new and old fans because neither group is willing to give up any ground.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

Movies use to be simple. Use to be just spectacle. The first moving pictures film was of a train pulling into the station and it was impressive for the time. Same could be said about the cgi, cinematography and sound design of the transformers films. Movies don't have to be deep and meaningful to be entertaining. Movies can be simple and fun like the first movies ever made. Transformers achieves that simplicity and fun, not to mention some exquisite designs for a lot of the characters.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  20. TexasBEAST

TexasBEAST Arch-Analyzer

The Province of the Solitary Astral Phenomenon
    It sure is time to take these movies in a new direction...like 180 degrees away from Michael Bay!

It was STUPID AS HELL to EVER put these TFs films into the hands of a man who openly admitted that he hated TFs. Gawd, it boggles the mind.

And BF fans defend this jerk, even after he insulted our beloved characters and the whole concept behind them. While yes, he gave us spectacle, he gutted the characters of their character. He gave us flashy, but shallow, imitations (and woeful humor). You BF fans are like abused spouses who defend their abusers and just don't get it. The notion that he might buy you a nice dinner every once in a while does not change the fact that he still fundamentally shat all over you and disrespected you.

The BF movies turned me off, and instead drove me to finally lay out the money to start collecting G1 MPs. I had seen a few MPs before the movies, but it was the atrocious films that crystallized and incited my endearing love for G1. I felt compelled to defend G1 Transformerdom (in my own small way) against its abuser, instead of defending that abuser. I have never spent a single cent on a BF movie, toy, or publication, and I hope I never do.

I don't credit his movies for prolonging the MP line. G1 MP is the antithesis to the BF films. The blossoming of the MP and 3P MP line is in counter-reaction to his movies--not a credit thereto.

If Hasbro/Paramount liked the way he swings a camera, then maybe they should've offered him the Director of Photography gig. But a hater like him should never have been put in charge of bringing their property to the big screen and to the masses. It was a self-defeating move on their part--or at least, an extremely illogical, unprincipled one.

• Like Like x 2