Michael Bay Blog Update: Transformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jackets, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yes, I'm sure they'd totally up-end a cinematic juggernaut like the movie franchise because of a fraction of the internet fanbase isn't pleased with the direction that parts of the movie sort of go in.

2. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

"Okay guys, the second movie was crappier and stupider than the first and made millions. So for TF3, let's make everything even more racist, more obscene, and more stupid!"

Joy.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um, that's not what I'm saying.

You think I don't know why some disgruntled TF fans want Bay out? I do.

What I'm saying is that RotF was a cash cow. CASH. COW. Paramount is not going to risk the next movie's profits by replacing Bay. It's not going to happen.

If Paramount had a choice between "Please the fans/risk the profits" or "Keep the formula the same/make a shitload of money", which will they choose?

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If TF3 comes out in 2011 or 2012, I bet you my mint G1 Shockwave that it makes less than RotF did. This movie got such horrible reviews by both big name critics (Ebert with his endless rants and Rolling Stone Magazine calling it the "Worst Film of the Decade" giving it a 0/100 rating) and casual moviegoers that people will see ads for TF3 and laugh. They won't want to waste money on a movie if they think it'll be as awful as the one before it was. TF3's income will be solely based on fans of the movie series and the handful of average moviegoers who actually enjoyed the first two movies unless they manage to pull off something epic.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I don't think you mean what you say.

Why? I looked at your avatar and motto under your name.

6. Easy-E

Easy-E Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

There goes the franchise out the window. I wish Bay would just move on already. :( 

7. Sso02V

News Credits:
    He got the brain-worm in 'im!

8. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    lol I love the movies, saw the first one 6 times and second one 4 times in theaters.
    But I've been a fan of Transformers for 17 years now, so I enjoy these things just for the sake of enjoying them. I thought RotF was fun to watch; it was my favorite movie of the summer (this coming from the guy who was the renowned movie reviewer for his college newspaper). I enjoyed it for what it was worth; an action-packed popcorn flick featuring transforming robots fighting each other. I didn't like some things, like some of the humor, the lack of real purpose for the Fallen, etc., but I liked most of it. Heck, I loved the Twins, and I was one of the biggest anti-Twins voices before the movie came out. Sure, fans like myself will go see any new TF movie. But it's the average moviegoers who make the difference, and I think the TF movies have lost a LOT of fans after RotF. Just following the official RotF Facebook page, every time they update about, say, the DVD release, there are 5000 posts from people saying how much the movie sucked. There are always threads in the video game forums about how much RotF sucked. Every time a new movie comes out and it turns out bad, people and critics say "Well at least it was better than Transformers."
    TF has become the new scapegoat and mascot of horrible blockbuster action movies. Even Megan Fox is trying to distance herself from the movie, trash talking the film and Bay.
    As of now, people aren't going to remember the Transformers movie franchise as awesome action flicks with groundbreaking CGI work and juggernaut box office earnings; they're going to remember them as laughable examples of "", "nonexsitent plot", "blurry pieces of shredded garbage for characters", the "worst racism since blackface minstrels", and the dishonor of losing Best VFX to a CGI polar bear at the Oscars.

9. Easy-E

Easy-E Active Member

Wrong. Michael Bayshit is not Transfomers.
    Transformers the brand is what counts here.
    Your telling me that no other director could do what Bay did for TF2= No story, No plot, Crappy designed robots that bare no resemblance to the G1 bots, and shit acting???

Please.

I wish Bay would get lost.

10. Sso02V

News Credits:
    And it seems like we've reached the "not real transformers" portion of the screaming match. Bonus points for portmanteau.

"Bayshit"... That's so clever.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I support Super God Ginrai for TF3!! :D  :rock 

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Y'know I just want them to make a TF movie that's good.

$400 million is great and all, but I don't really care how much money it makes, because in fact they don't actually give me any of those megabucks. I just get to pay to watch the movie.

13. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    See, this is an example of the mindless Bay-Bashing that gives the movies a bad name.
    Here we go:

No story - Really? I'll sum it up for you: The Autobots and NEST hunt down remaining Decepticons on Earth. In Shanghai, a defeated Decepticon fortells the return of something called "The Fallen." Back in the US, the government is reassessing the NEST-Autobot alliance and want the Autobots to leave Earth if it's them the Decepticons are after. Meanwhile, Sam is preparing to go to college, while Mikaela stays working at her dad's shop. Sam discovers a fragment of the Allspark left over from the Mission City battle and gives it to Mikaela. Wheelie discovers this after the fragment creates a dozen mini-robots that, during a fight with Bumblebee, wreck Sam's house. Wheelie alerts Soundwave, who also hacks into a US military satellite and discovers the location of the shard Prime took from Megatron's chest. He deploys Ravage, who assaults NEST HQ and steals the shard. Ravage, some Constructicons, and The Doctor revive Megatron, who flies to space to meet with the Fallen and Starscream, and they discuss getting more energon. Back at college, Sam meets with Optimus, who wants Sam's help, but Sam declines. Sam experiences a mental breakdown due to touching the allspark fragment, which Wheelie tries to steal before being captured by Mikaela. Sam is later attacked by a Decepticon Pretender who had been disguised as "Alice." Alice is destroyed, but Sam, along with Mikaela and Sam's roommate, Leo, are captured by Grindor, who brings them to a warehouse where Megatron and the Doctor plan on extracting the allspark's info from Sam's brain. Optimus and Bumblebee come to the rescue, and they flee into a forest, where Optimus fights Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. Optimus manages to injure Starscream and Megatron and kill Grindor, but it killed by Megatron. The other Autobots arrive and rescue Sam. NEST transports Optimus' body back to their base. The Fallen decides to reveal himself to the world and demands that Sam be turned over if the human race is to survive. Meanwhile, Sam, Mikaela, and Leo are in hiding, and Sam considers turning himself in out of guilt over Prime's death. He remembers the symbols he visualized during his breakdown, and asks the Twins if they know it, but they don't. Leo recognizes them from a website, and they track down the website's publisher, who happens to be Agent Simmons. Simmons reveals documents containing the cyberglyphs, which Wheelie recognizes as ancient Cybertronian and divulges the locations of "Seekers." The team travels to the Smithsonian, where they reactivate Jetfire, who transports them to Egypt. Jetfire discusses the existence of an ancient sun harvester built by the Primes, and gives a riddle about the location of the ancient Matrix of Leadership, which Sam plans on using to revive Optimus. They travel to the Great Pyramids, and eventually find the Tomb of the Primes in an ancient structure. The Matrix disintegrates in Sam's hands, though, so they leave. Simmons had earlier called Lennox and Epps regarding their whereabouts so they could bring Prime in to be revived. The NEST team shows up and drops Optimus off, along with a team of Autobots. Starscream attacks Sam and co., who split up. Sam and Mikaela and Bumblebee race towards the soldiers, while Leo and Simmons and the Twins distract Starscream. In a construction pit, many construction vehicles suddenly combine to form Devastator, as Starscream and Megatron alight the top of a pyramid. Sam and Mikaela almost make it to the soldiers, but Starscream has Rampage play their trump: Sam's parents held hostage by Rampage and Ravage. Bumblebee kills Rampage and Ravage, and the four of them escape. Meanwhile, NEST and the Autobots battle many Decepticon protoforms, and Jetfire arrives on scene but is injured my Scorponok. Also, Simmons radios a battleship to use its new weapon, the railgun, to destroy Devastator.
    Just as Sam and Mikaela are about to get to safety, Megatron shoots a blast of energy that appears to kill Sam.
    Sam has a vision of the ancient Primes, and they tell him of his destiny to revive Optimus. The Matrix reassembles and Sam brings Optimus back to life. Their joy is short-lived, because the Fallen teleports in and steals the Matrix, which he uses to activate the sun harvester. Jetfire tells Optimus to use his parts for battle armor, and sacrifices himself. Jolt elctromagnetizes Jetfire's parts onto Optimus, who flies to the pyramid and destroys the harvester. Prime then battles Megatron and the Fallen, severly wounding Megatron and killing the Fallen. Megatron and Starscream escape, and Sam and his parents are reunited. He also finally tells Mikaela that he loves her.
    The film ends with Sam and Optimus on the deck of a battleship.

No plot - The Decepticons seek to revive Megatron, who in turn wishes to serve the Fallen. The Fallen wants to activate his sun harvester to get more energon. Sam acquired knowledge from the Allspark by touching a fragment of it, and so the Decepticons pursue him in order to discover the location of the harvester, while the Autobots try to stop them.

Robots aren't G1 - well what the F do you expect. G1 designs wouldn't make sense in a modern, real-life setting.

Bad acting - granted, the acting is lacking in some parts, but it's not B-movie acting by any means. Besides, it's the robots that count, and they did a great job animating/characterizing (most of) them.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    of course there's a story, of course there's a plot. Shit happens for 2+ hours.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks that's all I needed to know about your views.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't care, as long as they have Hot Rod in the third. He can even die five seconds in, if they make a decent toy for him as a result.

17. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

*breaking news*

Michael Bay has come up with the idea for TF3

in the third installment the audience will be treated to a giant robotic penis, buttocks, and vagina....all sharing the screen whilst they fart, pee and call each other bitches and hoes for two and a half hours......finally coming to a climax when they all transform into scaggy strippers in which the army and airforce are sent in to explode them all to hell.

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, I think you're looking at those who make the most noise and equating that with how the general public really feels. If that many people honestly thought it was that bad, it wouldn't have made $400 million domestic. It would have had an initial surge but would have VERY quickly dropped off if you go by the hyperbole Ebert & Co. are putting out. Probably stopped before it made much more than $200 mil. Again, look at aggregate scores given by sites like Boxofficemojo.com. RotF was a very unusual movie in that there was a huge huge HUGE gap between how much the critics liked it and how much the public liked it. I mean, everyone I know IRL loved the movie--all but one moreso than the first-- and can't wait for the DVD to hit. But they don't post on message boards about how much they loved it. Things just don't work that way. I'm not saying the people I know are necessarily indicative of the general reaction to the movie, but it certainly seems that way if you avoid Internet boards and professional critics.
    An ultimate final indicator should be DVD sales, though.

19. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

I haven't read all the comments first but, let get this one straight.
    The thing is even if it made money thanks to mindless kids and curious adults watching it, some people come out of the theatre NOT liking it or just think the plot was shallow while the action was legit. Humor was funny, but it was OVERDONE. You can't really over do humor in an action move unless it was a comedy movie in the first place or even just to get people's attention. And at the same time TF3 needs to be polished to the point where it can GAIN or GET respect from critics and newspaper writers. Once it has the respect and high critic scores, the movie can make 2x more the ROTF did.

People only watched TF ROTF because they were just curious, knew a bit of transformers, watched the first movie, a TF fan, or just because friends talked to in watching it. After everyone watched it, the reviews came in and slowly the movie came to slow down and lose its shine in my opinion as it was completely disregarded as a dumb summer blockbuster movie as what critics call it.

TF3 needs more compelling plot twists, serious dialogue, and just about anything to make it enjoyable like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 with high ratings.

I mean its a shame for companies like Takara and Hasbro to see thier products on the big screen to get bad reviews, although the money they rake in is large, but the possibility of raking in more money is higher if the movie were to get a higher critic score and by people too. That would propel the TF franchise to expand even furthur and more bragging rights.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You clearly have no idea how Hollywood works.

As long as Michael Bay wants it, Transformers 3 is his. Unless Spielberg and Hasbro wake up one day and decide that making millions of dollars really doesn't interest them anymore.